Motorola likely to win an injunction against Apple iCloud in Germany
0. phoneArena 18 Nov 2011, 11:50 posted on
A German court is likely to hand Motorola another victory in February when it rules on Motorola’s request for an injunction against Apple’s iCloud and MobileMe products, ratcheting up the legal pressure on Apple...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Troll away guys. I'm sure android fans are in 100% support of a ban even though you say Apple is anti competitive when they do it.
2. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Ha, coming from someone who said companies should defend their IP from the copy cats. Backpedaling? Lol
4. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Not back pedaling at all. I'm not against these lawsuits. Companies do have the right to defend ip. I'm consistent though.
Fanboys on here scream bloody murder every time Apple sues and cheer when they're being sued. It's very hypocritical.
12. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Many see as apple getting a taste of its own medicine. BS its crap. This shouldn't be happening
15. Whateverman (Posts: 3253; Member since: 17 May 2009)
IDK, maybe it\'s because they don\'t like Apple and they like seeing them get a taste of their own medicine.
18. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Which is ignorant because all these companies sue each other. Look at what Microsoft is doing to android.
Look at Nokia suing Apple or Motorola suing Apple before any of these Apple lawsuits in the mobile industry. Ignorance is why these fanboys think Apple is the only one.
30. Whateverman (Posts: 3253; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Ignorance means to be unaware or uninformed. The FANS of both these OSs are pretty well informed on PA. What you\'re seeing is a sense of justice that people feel when they see a company that sues just about EVERYONE, getting sued themselves. And losing!
32. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
No they are very ignorant. Look at remix or andro for example. Apple doesn't sue any more than other companies so I guess you may be ignorant as well.
As a supposed Mac user why do you seem to get so much joy when anything negative happens to Apple.
37. Whateverman (Posts: 3253; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Your guessing I\'m ignorant is dead wrong, and it just goes to show your own desperation. You can\'t win the argument you started so you resort to name calling, nice.
I can love a product and not agree with what a company does. Buying a Mac gets me the best computer out there, but it doesn\'t mean I have to have blind faith in the company. I have my own mind and it comes with my own sense of right and wrong. So when I see a company (even one that I own products from) doing wrong, I speak on it. Just so happens that Apple keeps sueing small business owners, kids and any company using Android. Some of the thing they do just isn\'t right, fan or not.
45. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
So why don't you know that Apple doesn't even have the most lawsuits?
Either you willfully ignore facts or you don't know.
52. Whateverman (Posts: 3253; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Who says I didn\'t know that...YOU? Most people don\'t care about the number of lawsuits, just the goal and the morality of their suits. Apple should protect their IPs, but protecting the color \"White\" from hat kid selling white iPhone kits, rediculous! Do you support that? Patents submitted on bar napkins, flat screens and rounded edges as an IP??? Do you support that too?
Apple doesn\'t want me to use MY fingers to make certain gestures on the devices I like. They don\'t want me to have flat screens, rounded edges, or to have a BUTTON on it, and you think that\'s okay. But when Motorola or Samsung files for actual processes or 3G technologies that they actually invented, you act like their picking on Apple.
58. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Hmmm the courts don't thin Apple's patents are ridiculous. Only PA fanboys do.
I don't freak out every time Apple gets sued and cry how the world is unfair. I'm pointing out fanboys are hypocrites for supporting anti Apple lawsuits and getting pissed when Apple sues. I have yet to see fanboys say even a single one of Apple's lawsuits are legit.
You're proving my point. You don't think Apple should have rights over gestures that they brought to smartphones that everyone has now copied. Then you're ok with Apple being sued over 3G patents. Can't have it both ways.
63. Whateverman (Posts: 3253; Member since: 17 May 2009)
So pinching fingers is an IP, but 3G technology isn't? And why are you getting so emotional? You say you don't get pissed, yet you are the first one here to post. You stirred up a hornets nest, and now your mad because you keep getting stung. YOU are the one that needs to realize you can't have it both ways!
65. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Where am I emotional? I didn't say 3G isn't a patent. It is. You're trying to say Apple's patents, which they filed for and were granted should not count. Seems hypocritical to me.
Stung? Fanboys on here could care less about facts. They're here to bash Apple. Remix continues to deny MobileMe is a cloud service.
So fanboys on PA not agreeing with me is not a measure of success for me.
69. Whateverman (Posts: 3253; Member since: 17 May 2009)
You invited people to come and attack Apple. Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it! :)
70. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Do you think this article would not have been trolled without my comment?
73. MobileTechSpot (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
You are emotional all up and down this entire page. Theres like a DOZEN posts from you. More than anyone else, and you even got the very first reply of the article with your "Woe is me" passive aggressive offensive NONSENSE setting a negative tone for the comments of this article before they even got a chance to start.
To anyone that can read, it is BLINDINGLY obvious that this news bothers you. A great great deal.
42. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
dont drag me into your losing argument that you started, troll
47. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Sorry when I think ignorant your the first name to come to mind.
49. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
That's the best you can do? I'm starting to feel bad now. I'll leave you alone. You have to suffer through enough I'm sure.
51. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
(pumps his milk filled super soaker and gets Ernest) let's do this.
74. MobileTechSpot (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
And there goes the personal attacks. Yeah, you need to loosen your emotional attachments to these billion dollar companies that don't even know you exist. You are way to salty about about a court case taking place half the world away.
Back away from the keyboard.
56. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
apple started with the banning,you didnt hear bout these companies trying to ban one another until apple started.
21. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
if its "hypocritical" to dislike a company and want to see their downfall, then we are all hypocrites
28. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
so you admit you're a hypocrite? you are starting to make some progress taco
33. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Ok let me go a little slower for you so you can understand.
You...are...a...hypocrite. I'm not rooting for the downfall of any companies.
40. ayephoner (Posts: 850; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
.....and the fandroid trolls just keep rolling in. even when you guys get called out in the first post, you still come in with the same ol same ol.
54. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I...am....not...I never screamed bloody murder or cheered against Apple get your facts straight loser and maybe look up hypocrite in the dictionary.
6. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Motorola is trying to stop Apple from using software that supposedly uses their technology to do what it does.
They are not trying to ban a product because it looks kinda like their product.
9. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Well the judge agreed with Apple in more than one country so eh must have a case.
You also have no problem that your android phone violates Apple multi touch patents I'm sure.
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you mean that multitouch patent that only pertained to old phones taco?
" According to Apple’s lawsuit the Motorola products infringing on Apple’s Intellectual Property are the Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Cliq, Cliq XT, BackFlip, Devour A555, Devour i1, and Charm 1."
its a retaliation counter suite against Moto for this very lawsuit the thread is based on. Unfortunatly for apple, id have to guess that moto stopped using those patents they talk about.. otherwise we'd see phones people actually still buy on here.
go ahead, band the sales of all of those phones, apple!!! i dare you!!
oh.. almost none of them are being sold anymore? woopsie.
hey look, i even used an apple site for reference material :)
43. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yup, you have nothing of merit to say, because you lost yet another in a very long string of losing arguments.
troll on, troll... troll on.
53. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You don't even know what the argument is.
55. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You lost three arguments just yesterday.
57. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
you mean the gorilla glass arguement that even fellow apple people said you were wrong about?
and the mobileme and multitasking articles that you posted and didnt actually read that actually discredited you??
if by "lost 3 arguements" you mean "proved you to be a clueless troll on every topic", then yea, absolutely.
61. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I posted 4 sources about the gorilla glass. It's also in Steve's autobiography.
I'm sorry that you don't understand what cloud storage service and multitasking are, but it doesn't change the fact Apple had them before android was even on the market. I've posted sources. You choose to ignore them. Can't help you.
You did the same with the Microsoft sources at first btw until your fellow fandroids even turned on you.
Does Siri use google's servers remix?
Does samsung employee more Americans than Apple?
What is are the speeds of LTE advanced?
Does Verizon Communications own a big part of Verizon Wireless?
Can you give us a read out of IPhone stock in Apple's warehouses?
76. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
post some links and proof to show that i was wrong and my fellow android peeps turned on me.. thanks. cant wait to prove you wrong AGAIN with your own links.. thats always so much fun.
64. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
The iPhone already permits some multitasking, but that's largely limited to Apple's own programs
Is NBC a good enough source for you?
23. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
"Motorola has asserted that it attempted to license technology to Apple, and engaged in "lengthy negotiations" with the iPhone maker, but a deal could not be reached. The company has claimed that Apple "refused" to pay for a license."
Once again, other companies try to collect royalties, Apple bans products.
They are scared. Get over it taco.
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Scared based on what? Based on having over 70 billion in reserves or having over 50% of the industry profits?
34. Monster.Ninja (Posts: 10; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
If they had the supposed 70b in reserve i lost all that much more respect for Apple as they have filed for a 2.7b bail.
46. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
So they should just willfully allow Motorola to win because they're successful?
59. jacko (unregistered)
i have 5billion do u believe me
60. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Just because they save money well and know how to rape customers wallets doesn't mean they aren't scared.
Ohhhhh taco. You are such a silly boy.
66. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Rape customers? Who is forced to buy Apple products?
7. LewsTherin006 (Posts: 140; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
im doing what you told me.
35. Stuntman (Posts: 835; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I am 100% against any ban. The iPhone devices or services should not be banned, neither should the Android devices and services. Let the people have the devices that they want.
39. andro. (Posts: 1998; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This is the moment ernest encounters taco50
44. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lololololol. love a good ernest movie. that made me actually laugh andro, good job :)
50. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Lolol omg I haven't seen that movie in so long. Made my day. maybe next time taco trolls we should just get our milk filled super soakers hahaha.
79. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
taco gets 122 thumbs down in 78 comments.
3. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Companies should cut this already and move on with agreements of share and trade. But I guess that what goes around comes around. I said before companies are just showing two can play the same game
5. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Motorola started the lawsuits first in this case btw.
8. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
As far as I remember apple sued HTC the Motorola entered the game I could be wrong tho. Either way this is not helpful for the consumer. Companies add what the customer demands its why you see a certain patent on how devices work. People like certain things over another overall.
Companies should be working together to make a leap no seal themselves under their patent shields. A great idea leads to other greater ones, companies add on ideas like a deck of cards.
10. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You're wrong. Motorola sued Apple before any of Apple's recent lawsuits.
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I'll research this again but I think it was like that