Motorola introduces "new look" ICS RAZR and RAZR MAXX in official video
0. phoneArena 22 Jun 2012, 12:32 posted on
Motorola releases a promotional video for their ICS update to help build excitement for the update, as well as helping concerned users find resources to teach them about new features...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
best OEM ICS build out there. ;)
you guys are going to LOVE this. it's been nothing but a pleasure to use.
now i just need ICS for my Xyboard 8.2 then i'll be set FOR LIFE! ;D
2. Carlitos (Posts: 513; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I'm super impressed with Motorola. They came from being one of the worst in UI, and gave it a big step in the right direction with there latest UI. And this new UI in my opinion is one of the best out there. At the same time, keeping tons of ICS looks and feels.
15. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
This isn't new, this is just new for the RAZR. Had this for 7 months on my GNexus. And it's about to get better with Jelly Bean very soon. Cheers to not having to wait FOREVER for updates.
30. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Thumbs up for the thumbs downs for RAZR owners. I guess you guys have good battery life? Unless you have the regular RAZR then you're screwed.
35. BattleBrat (Posts: 1455; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
That's on my REGULAR RAZR, so no, we're not screwed, and now I have ICS, OH YEAH!
36. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I see you're using juice defender and smart actions, any other tips, besides the basic turn off radios you aren't using and turn down the brightness, for a longer battery life?
37. BattleBrat (Posts: 1455; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
autokiller, it is an app recommended by the guys at juice defender, its a great task killer.
38. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i still don't hold any weight on those battery screens.
23. MFJ (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Apr 2009)
but but but.....how is the phone secure if you can make calls take pictures and send text messages without unlocking the phone??
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the video was poorly worded. it's just lockscreen shortcuts.
29. Scyllax (unregistered)
After all, UI is indeed the core of ICS..
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
hold down the power + vol down keys and it'll capture your screen.
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
no, merely explaining how to do screenshots for the inquiring minds.
4. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I'm seeing some positive feedback about MotorBlur, which is is good thing. Motorola did step up their game since Gingerbread and this just might be well worth the wait.
Look forward to a side-by-side comparison of all the mfg OEM builds running ICS (and the stock build too).
6. skymitch89 (Posts: 1299; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Sad thing is that viewing desktop sites has always been possible on Android, but recently it has become more and more difficult because of more and more sites coming out with mobile versions of their sites. Also, tabbed browsing has been around for what seems like ever.
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Motorola has definitely recovered from the old Motoblur. A round of applause to Motorola, they really turned their UI around
8. danwatson (Posts: 117; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
Most everyone I know that went for the Razr did so because of the battery life and build quality. Take the hint htc & samsung.
9. iliketech (Posts: 72; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
I'm rooting for you.
I have Atrix 2 but hope all the good stuff you are baking into the ICS for Razr will be same as for Atrix 2...
I couldn't hold out and temporarily got a HTC One X and really don't like it...
So common Moto...
I'm hanging on to my Atrix 2 and hoping...
10. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
other than the late ics update(and besides its the exact same thing as stock ics with some icons in the framwork-res changed and some custom apps and a new launcher) being really really behind schedule(htc sense and touchwiz came faster than this) I really like this.
If only they would unlock the bootloader on the ics update or a permanant hole is revealed I will go buy one tommmorow
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I wish the update were actually available. No joy for me as yet.
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you can just flash the .211 build that's been available since it's actually the OTA.
14. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yep, I pretty much have the release with .211 - got 16 hrs of battery life with normal use recently. Even better when you use TiBu to delete the bloatware or when moto lets us unlock the bootloader, so that we do not have to use safestrap to download a custom ROM - that will be great.
19. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Ha! I knew it was going to be on the 23rd!
...... Just not of this month.....
At least we are getting it before most other phones.
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Official word per conversation with VZW tech support rep is that "ICS Commercial Availability is 6/23...."
Guess the web site folks jumped the gun on the software distribution people. Hopefully tomorrow brings the OTA edition of ICS.
22. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Yeah, I know. Why did you thumb me down?
28. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Not me. I didn't thumb you down. I will go and thumb you up.
25. BattleBrat (Posts: 1455; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
26. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I'm jealous! Moto better release ICS for DROID 4 owners the first week of Q3 since they are such similar devices. One of the reasons I picked my DROID 4 over the DROID RAZR was because it's newer, well it doesn't have the newer software!!!
33. cthunder (Posts: 106; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Yeah tell me about it. I hope we don't have to wait until the end of August or longer for the update to the Droid 4. Other than waiting for the update I love my Droid 4.
34. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I'm guessing it's only a few weeks away since the DROID 4 and the DROID RAZR are pretty much the same phone minus the keyboard and screen.
31. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I still cant update WAAAAAA lol it says my phone has no new updates ?
39. _PHug_ (Posts: 444; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Droid Razr MAXX
Salisbury N.C., USA
June 24, 2012 @ 9:50AM
STILL NO UPDATE!!!!!
41. s_tephanie (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Still waiting for my update, I've been checking every few hours for the past few days. I'm really looking forward to this update & it'd be nice if it would just update already! Lol.
42. Sweetie310 (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
hi is the ICS update for the unlocked/international/gsm version (motorola razr) as well?if it isn't when will it be available to update?pls anybody kindly inform me i really would appreciate that :)
43. branpute (Posts: 3; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I've had a page setup with my company website for a little while now, listing the manual steps to receive the ICS OTA official update. If you haven't yet received your scheduled OTA update and would like to get rolling with it now, check outhttp://ics.branpute.net .
44. MFJ (Posts: 18; Member since: 15 Apr 2009)
Finally about 1am last night my phone started dinging at me....nice timing as always Verizon, but....there it was....would you like to update now? Duh sure....wake up this morning all nice and updated! Yeaaaaaaa I'm in So Cal if you're keeping score. ICS looks nice so far. I need to go play now.