Motorola ic902 is hi-tech iDEN-CDMA hybrid phone

Posted: , by Nanko R.

Motorola ic902 is hi-tech iDEN-CDMA hybrid phone
Motorola ic902
Motorola ic902
Motorola ic902

Motorola ic902

The FCC approved Sprint’s upcoming Motorola ic902. “ic” stands for iDEN-CDMA while the model number “902” shows its superior to previous 402 and 502 phones, which are already available. The FCC images show that the clamshell has dedicated camera and music keys on one of its sides. We got preliminary information that the phone has stereo speakers and two color displays, with the internal one a QVGA with 2.2” size. The camera has 2-megapixel resolution and the memory is expanded with microSD cards. Data speed is delivered through EV-DO while iDEN allows for PTT Walkie-Talkie experience.

Expect more information when the phone is officially announced by either Motorola or Sprint Nextel, who will offer it once it happens.

posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:41

1. argonnj (unregistered)

Ugly, just like all other iden phones. And since its Motorola, I'm sure it will be a POS as all of their phones are.

posted on 12 Nov 2008, 06:33

40. TheGeek (unregistered)

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I personally feel the IC series is awesome. They work better than any phone I have had in the past. I recently switched to a i880 and didn't keep it a day! Told them to switch me back to an older phone or kill my service all together. IC-902 Rocks!

posted on 30 Nov 2008, 08:17

hey i just saw your comment about the ic902, i have the sprint samsung z400 phone with qchat which hasnt made it to my area yet and probably wont for awhile now. im thinkin about buying a ic902 for a replacement phone because i want my push to talk back. i have heard that the 902 doesnt roam, if you can tell me how bad the roam is that would be great. my phone roams all the way but im sure that whoever im roamning on is probably 1900 and not 850 or whatever it is. you can email me at at whiteyva@aol.com if you dont mind and put subject line somethin with ic902 so i dont delete it like i do all the other crap email i get. thanks matt

posted on 22 Feb 2007, 19:07

2. NASCAR20FAN (unregistered)

I've been waiting sine the merger for this phone... Bring it on...

posted on 24 Feb 2007, 10:11

These phones would be the best if they roamed on cdma 850. Only has cdma 1900 and iden 800 for ptt only. Sprint coverage is cut in half with this phone. Great looking but lacks the coverage! Try again Sprint/Nextel

posted on 24 Feb 2007, 16:58

"Sprint coverage is cut in half" -Try again buddy.

posted on 24 Feb 2007, 21:22

Dude you can't roam on 850 with this phone! Sprint Runs all 1900pcs cdma. Any 850 is roaming agreements with other carriers. Look at the map regular vs. hybrid coverage. No 850 roaming with this phone. So, you try again buddy!

posted on 24 Feb 2007, 21:25

Sprints roaming coverage is huge. If you can't roam 850 cdma than this phone is a waste of money. You will get no service unless you roam on the very few 1900 roaming agreements.

posted on 31 Aug 2008, 12:05

39. rembrandt (unregistered)

I have the sprint simply everything plan, so my roming is unlimited the phone does lock up and without insurance you'ld be in trouble if you didn't have it. I have gone through 5 phones from locking up, other then that, the kicks butt for me, I have never dropped a call through out the state of michigan. Rembrandt

posted on 24 Feb 2007, 21:29

Why doesn't sprint put both cdma bands in the phone?

posted on 24 Feb 2007, 23:36

Sprints Native Coverage is fairly small. The dark green on their map is their actual pcs network. All other is digital roaming or analog. You need a dual band to get the most out of the network. The dark green is very choppy. 1900 only phones won't get you the most for your money.

posted on 02 Mar 2007, 10:05

9. JAMES (unregistered)

THE BIG QUESTION IS,IS THIS PHONE BLUETHOOTH

posted on 02 Mar 2007, 20:19

10. jake (unregistered)

It has bluetooth but who cares if your service is no good. 1900 is no good for inside buildings. Sprint is known for bad service indoors. 1900 doesn't penitrate like 850. This phone is cdma voice1900 only. The 800 is only iden ptt. Single band---keep it! Wait for the dual band cdma to come out.

posted on 04 Mar 2007, 19:44

11. bryan (unregistered)

How does this argonnj character feel this phone is ugly? Going further, who really cares what it looks like?? It is a PHONE, designed to perform PHONE functions, not to impress people! By the way, I've used four Motorola iDEN phones, and none of them are a POS. They work...they make phone calls! What more do you want? Come on folks.....

posted on 06 Mar 2007, 15:21

12. ed (unregistered)

Sprint's CDMA spectrum was vastly increased with the merger, giving Sprint as huge range for thr future Q-chat phones. The CDMA of the ic 502/402/902 is broader than the older model Sprint phones. Sprint needs to ad the 1000 cell sites quicker.

posted on 07 Mar 2007, 17:54

Look at the hybrid map compared to the regular. You don't get the same service. Research it before you post what you don't know! All the ic phones don't roam on other networks. By the way verizon cdma is majority 850, so don't post what you don't know. Most of New York is 850mhz. Sprint chose to use only 1900pcs band. The reason they won't allow the hybrid phones to use 850 is because they don't want regular sprint customers to convert to hybrid due to direct connect wakie talkie. They want Nextel customers to merge slowly over to sprints network. With the ic phones you pay the same for far less coverage.....just look at the hybrid vs regular sprint map.

posted on 28 Jan 2009, 20:57

42. whiteyva (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)

let me cut to the chase on this phone, just bought a used to a week ago and has been activated for mmmm maybe a week now, i drive alot for my job and just yesturday i went out into the country side and guess what? made, received phone calls no problem, sent and received text messages. guess what? just went on sprints website and checked the coverage for where i was at, guess what? all white meaning no service right? well, go back and read what i just said, i even put in the 2 addresses that i went too and not a tower in site, for what i can see these phones go way beyond the coverage maps and someone else said on here (business owner) and someone else said the use alltell and verizon 850 towers as slaves, now i might be wrong but the way i see it im not if i was i wouldnt of been able to use my phone for the 3 hours i was out there, for all you sprint haters out there, dont hate the player, hate the game, at&t? damn, they suck, been there done that not goin back, this phone works well for what i can see, later haters.....

posted on 12 Mar 2007, 03:03

14. Carlos (unregistered)

That 1900 only sucks donkey balls. I tried setting the ic502 to roaming only right smack dab in the middle of the big city (San Francisco) and guess what: no signal. That's ridiculous. I understand the Sprint network is pretty good in the cities but once you get out to rural areas forget it. You won't be able to make a call.

posted on 17 Mar 2007, 11:35

15. rjac (unregistered)

Not everyone drives the same phone for the same reason or buys a Camera w/ a cell phone or for that matter a computer w/cellular svc around there neck. Oh but it needs to be cool and hot to impress everyone thats for sure. At least for now. Who cares if its simple and dependable with a proven track record.

posted on 17 Mar 2007, 16:29

your service sucks! Go with Verizon and get over it! Yeah the phones are dependable but if you can't get service what are you going to do look at you phone in your hand and say....boy this phone is strong....I wish it was on verizon's network! Sprint scamed everone putting 1900 only in these phones. What a joke! Give them sprints regualr service and i'll buy one! Till then go with sprints regular dual modes or verizon!

posted on 20 Mar 2007, 17:20

17. Dave (unregistered)

I have the ic502. It is by far the best cell phone coverage I have ever had.

posted on 21 Mar 2007, 18:12

Don't lie! The ic phones don't even compare. They only have 1900 voice. They don't use 850 at all so they can't have the best service. They run parallel to nextel service which was horrible. It may be good in your area but don't move 10 feet in any direction. Sprint 1900 only stinks. If you post different your just mad your stuck with that junky service. Manager of what?

posted on 23 Mar 2007, 16:49

19. elisabeth (unregistered)

I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL LIKE THIS PHONE.....

posted on 25 Mar 2007, 14:04

20. kyle (unregistered)

I recently purchase 6 ic502 for my business. My company is service in rural areas. These phones have way better reception of sprint home network than any other sprint phones.Its true that they lack roaming. But when they show 1 bar the reception excellant.Also these phones will talk way beyond the coverage maps.And 1900 is able to use other carriers towers as slaves with these phones to give you at least one to two bars of service. With all of that said they don,t lack much at all from regular sprint phones. If you travel in rural areas get a wilson signal boost amp and always have service with any phone

posted on 13 Apr 2007, 08:50

21. Kdizzo (unregistered)

I have had nextel for 7 years, i just swapped to the hybrid phone, and it gets the best service i have ever had, it even has out performed verizon in my area. which is Athens Ga.

posted on 28 May 2007, 01:54

22. josh-1st party sprint rep (unregistered)

business owner is right.the hybrid phones carry way better reception than a lot of the older sprint phones.plus they will borrow verizon and alltel towers as slaves to get at least one bar.with 850 you need at least two sometimes three bars to get a crystal clear,non dropping phone call.with cdma 1900 you get twice as clear of a phone call and you only need 1 bar of service and you r highly unlikely to drop a call.no roaming is true but you can still get one to two bars if you r near a verizon or alltel tower.the cdma network gets cut in half and it allows you to get reception.neways, by the end of 2008 the majority of sprints towers WILL be 1900, which beats verizon to the bone.that isnt an opinion that is a fact.besides look on the bright side if you disagree with my FACTS, at least your not on gsm piece of shit technology that cingular has.thats the lowest quality phone call you can have. by the way 1900 signal towers go out almost twice as far as 850 towers in miles.so stop guessing and get the facts.hybrid phones r the best thing sprint has ever done and it is the future of nextel because the nextel calling system wont be available by 2010.

posted on 30 May 2007, 00:38

23. johnny (unregistered)

People are gonna buy this phone because if you were/are a nextel customer you know the horrible reception associated with the nextel network. For years I dealt with dropped calls and horrible reception and getting text messages minutes,hours late. I was about to go to Verizon but I heard about the hybrids coming out. I had gotten my wife a Razr on TMobile and she always has a full signal everywhere. I had to bend down,extend a foot and stick my finger in my ear to get reception at home and my area. When I got the ic502 I had full signal when I had no signal at all with the I860. I've been waiting for this phone and I'm definitely gonna buy it

posted on 10 Jun 2007, 23:33

24. josh again (unregistered)

its me again.i dont know why youll r stuck on this 800-850 cdma.thats the past thats what verizon and alltel use.thats old technology and 1900 is new and its all digital.if you read this trust me i am a cell phone god and 1900 is the clearest phone call and though technically you cant roam off of lower technology that verizon and alltel uses,you can still get one sometimes two bars of service from their towers.you actually get it because when cdma is cut in half you get a mid range frequency from these towers allowing you to get atleast one bar of service.sprint is the future and they r under the highest technology right now.verizon is a good network but they r getting ready to have to play catch up.sprint has more money to invest than verizon ever dreamed of hints "nextel cup."this is only on the hybrid phones anyway if you have regular sprint then you can roam off lower technology like verizon and alltel.sprint has the least dropped calls nationwide right now. why you ask?cdma 1900 so dont let these idiots tell you they arent good because they are.future of cell phones=sprint!

posted on 12 Jun 2007, 09:46

25. psmitty (unregistered)

I think that the ic902 is a very good phone, if this guy is so pissed about 850mhz then he needs to go to verison and stop trying to spray his hate juice on the rest of the sprint customers. I live in west palm beach, sprint is the bomb down here. I will be getting the phone. it is very good. besides verision ready link is very shitty any way. 1900mhz can roam also. The future is in 1900 mhz not 850 that the whole purpose of it. I'm buying it!

posted on 13 Jun 2007, 19:56

26. Dan (unregistered)

I also am planning on getting an ic902 but it would be a plus if it roams on 850 mhz. Folks are 100% on target 1900 mhz, however, there are many places where all that is available is 850 cdma. Since voice roaming is not available on iden, until the network builds out these phones will have some gaps. This is something I can live with because Sprint Nextel is building out, and our customer service experience has improved!!! This is the company to be with!!!

posted on 14 Jun 2007, 20:35

27. BJ (unregistered)

Motorola makes the worst products on the market I have a razr and it sucks maybe Samsung will get the next contract.

posted on 14 Jun 2007, 20:49

28. Rich (unregistered)

I read all these posts and was surprised. I have the ic502 and love the Service, I only roamed once on the 1900 roaming. I admit sometimes in buildings the service is diminished a little. But overall, I have had great service compared to my i850. I drive all over New England and have great service. If your area sucks then speak for yourselves, it works great here. I want the IC902 ;)

posted on 16 Jun 2007, 22:44

29. josh(sprint rep) (unregistered)

yea thats right me again.if some of you people only knew how old cdma 850 is you would be pissed that you have verizon or alltel if you know what alltel is.850 is half analog half digital look it up.1900 voice is the new era and sprint is the only one that has it right now.also there have been over 500 cell cits in the southeast region alone the past six months and the signal strength is already pretty good.give it another six months and it will be incredible.make a call on verizon and then make a call on a hybrid pghone that only uses 1900.its about 5x as clear of a call.plus the whole purpose of 1900 isnt just to have a clear call, but to be able to not drop calls even with just one bar.im not dissin verizon they got a great network but the future of cellular technology is 1900 which equals what-SPRINT

posted on 18 Jun 2007, 14:14

30. sue (unregistered)

nextel suck the tower suck i had them i wish i was never go there and they was good just nextel whitout sprit that why a lot of ppl is getting out of here i am 1 of them

posted on 18 Jun 2007, 15:35

31. Al (unregistered)

I just orderd my ic902 today ,and cant wait for it to arive. the ic502 was ok, but coming from sprint to the hibrid side, this phone lacked allot the featurs I was used to i.e BT,camera,power vision and so on. Its a good phone(ic502) if your coming from the nextel side, but the the ic902 is the phone to have if your coming over from the sprint side

posted on 20 Jun 2007, 00:53

32. Duker (unregistered)

I work for Sprint, these powersource phones work very well, and the iden walkie talkie is still the best in the business (if you want WT). This 902 will do well.

posted on 23 Jun 2007, 21:13

33. rob (unregistered)

I have been with cingular, alltel, t-mobile, then finaly sprint and now sprint nextel. let me tell you I've gone from whittier california to washinton state crossed all the way to lima ohio to toledo ohio and down to baton rouge louisiana and the sprint and sprint nextel only stoped working in two places once in a small spot in wyoming and bfe hills of kentucy. Other than that I'm talking on my phone when others are talking to there phone ie bitching at it for no signal. cingular is the worse least drop calls no shit because how can you drop a call when you can't even place one. I have never tried verizon but I have herd it's even better than sprint but the cost for what i get has kept me away.

posted on 24 Jun 2007, 12:32

34. Duker (unregistered)

I agree about Cingular, don't know where they get their data on least dropped calls, but it has not been my experience!!!

posted on 27 Jun 2007, 10:36

35. Dear manager guy (unregistered)

The hybrid might have the best cell phone coverage you ever had if you previously were using a Nextel phone.

posted on 03 Jul 2007, 01:42

36. sprint rep (unregistered)

verizon is good but to be as established as they r u would think they would be all digital by now.cingular or at&t whatever the hell u wanna call it is the shittiest phone network available.gsm will NEVER EVER EVER be as good as cdma,as for alltel they have good southeast region coverage but they need to get bought out and become a nationwide company.sprint has the clearest calls and there network is expanding rapidly.wait about a year from now and verizon will be running for there money because sprint will be well established on cdma 1900 and they will still be on there outdated technology cdma 850.ic902's r bad ass and they have everything, not to ention the signal reception on them got rated even better than the ic502 due to thesignal retracting antenna they put in there. the only true underdog in cell phones in my opinion and the statistics we get is at&t.there pos.care system to cell phones to me stands for piece of shit.care.the only thing sprint needs to do is keep gettin all those towers up because they have 2 billion dollars invested in it it just takes time to put them up.so that and a little customer service will make them the best.my circle,rollover,nights starting at 7 and verizon????where u at verizon u gonna help out your customers.they just think way to highly of there company

posted on 08 Jul 2007, 15:22

37. James Turner (unregistered)

I've been waiting for this since Sprint & Nextel merged. I work outside in industrial construction in chem plants/refineries - got to have a tough phone (Mil Spec) and Motorola is the only one that delivers. Nextel walkie-talkie is superb, but their regular cell coverage always sucked. Sprint cell coverage is superb, but their woosy-assed phones die a quick death if they see any dust, sweet, humidity, droopped, submerged in water, etc. Only Motorola can take that kind of abuse (except for those dumb-ass pussy-whipped Razor phones - what a joke). As for 850 vs. 1900 - get real! What good is 850 roam if the quality sucks, you can't hear who your talking to, and the calls drop every 30 seconds. And when you work in tough environments like I do - who needs MP3, cameras, video, tv, and rap music ring tones? You need a phone that can take abuse, and a cell service that can deliver the call. Sprint/Nextel hybrid is IT. It's the future. Get with it or go watch anoth 12 hours of MTV.

posted on 27 Jul 2007, 13:39

38. N~ (unregistered)

I have this phone and it works all over for me...I work in a huge building with a convention centerand don't have a problem with service....I love it.

posted on 30 Oct 2010, 11:24

43. markping (unregistered)

It contains unofficial information,it has dedicated camera and music keys on one of its sides,and this offer is already available in the future.

************************

Mark

used cars

posted on 30 Oct 2010, 11:30

45. markping (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Oct 2010)

************************