Motorola cutting workforce by 20%, shutting down third of global offices
0. phoneArena posted on 13 Aug 2012, 04:07
The Google-Motorola deal might seem like last year’s news, but in actuality it only closed a couple of months ago and now the first changes for Motorola under Google management are starting…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 13 Aug 2012, 04:19 3
Noo this actually sounds like good news! I bet we are gonna be pleased with the new management when we start to see the future products and updates that come along with it.....
11. Droid_X_Doug posted on 13 Aug 2012, 07:16 1
If Moto handsets and tablets are sold through carriers, partners (like Best Buy) and the Play store, cutting the footprint is probably a good idea. Cutting the VPs is another good idea - time to cut the overhead numbers.
4. myindia posted on 13 Aug 2012, 04:51 1
its time they get their acts straight ... always wondered why motorola still exists india as they do not compete here much ! Never been on my buying list !
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 13 Aug 2012, 04:53 1
I think they're gonna have some major improvements with a bit of google management behind desk and its going to be something to behold! Cant wait to see what they got in store
6. darktranquillity posted on 13 Aug 2012, 04:58 1
No need to cut motorola's presence in india. Retail shops don carry motorola phones, even if they do no one needs it. Motorola's presence is limited to online shopping sites. Its all about samsung, nokia, and sony.
10. tedkord posted on 13 Aug 2012, 06:11 2
I don't think having an office in Sunnydale is a good idea. It's on a Hellmouth, with all kinds of vampires and demons.
16. remixfa posted on 13 Aug 2012, 08:07 3
Trim the fat, streamline the process, reduce and focus products to make them better. Looks like google is gonna be a good business make over artist.
31. remixfa posted on 13 Aug 2012, 12:13 1
its not a nightmare. The company shrank, the workforce needs to shrink with it. When the company grows, they will add jobs back. Jobs come and go, nothing lasts forever.
19. MicroNokia posted on 13 Aug 2012, 09:27 1
I was eagerly waiting for Moto Razr HD Maxx
21. Sniggly posted on 13 Aug 2012, 10:02 1
It's not that they won't sell there anymore. They are just cutting corporate offices.
40. BattleBrat posted on 13 Aug 2012, 14:09 1
Hmmm, cutting 40% of the vice presidents, sounds like Google is trimming the fat!
I for one am giddy as a kid at Christmas waiting for that "V" kevlar backed RAZR HD to arrive, but I might skip it and wait for a Quad core offering...
43. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 13 Aug 2012, 21:47 1
why they will cut motorola's presence in Asia?!! i like Motorola than samsung!!!! i dont want to use smsung device!