Motorola and Verizon to hold September 5th event possibly related to Motorola DROID RAZR HD
0. phoneArena 17 Aug 2012, 19:16 posted on
Motorola has sent us an invitation to an event in New York City for September 5th and on top of the invitation it is written "Motorola. On Display" which certainly appears to be a tease for the Motorola DROID RAZR HD...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tedkord (Posts: 10617; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
They should have released the RAZR HD over a month ago. Now that my SGS3 bootloader is unlocked, and the battery in the HD is said to be 2500mah, I don't want it any more.
9. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I agree with you completely. The specs of this phone don't have anything over the s3. And thats not me being a Samsung fanboy because I love Moto. I just feel that this device should have 2 gigs of ram and Jelly Bean to really make it's self stand out over the competition that is currently out.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if what we know is true it just rules out that specs won't be how it stands out and besides it's plenty powerful and has a nice sized battery, I'd take this over the similarly spec'd Galaxy S II because of the typical Motorola advantages that I've grown accustomed to.
34. Noble_One (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
I can definitely see your perspective. I just think this may be a tough sell for most. It's way late to the party considering it may not release until October. By then the quad core s4 phones may be coming out. I know people like the build quality of the recent Motorolas but I'd argue the one x on at&t and especially the EVO LTE on sprint can match this new razr spec for spec basically, have comparable build quality, and were released in the spring. Being released on Verizon gives the razr a bit of an advantage though since the s3 is the only real android competition. I'm interested to see how well this sells just because there are a lot of well informed consumers out there that will realize that there were phones exactly like this out months ago from different companies and carriers. And with some really more advanced stuff on the horizon.
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah, 2Gb of RAM + true LCD along with JB and the rest of the high end specs would have been a compelling value proposition if it had been released a month ago. But September? We don't even know if it will ship in September....
A day late and a dollar short, IMO.
23. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
If you want superior design and a near stock ICS OS with similar specs. This is the device for you. But Motorola still can't compete with Samsungs camera and I couldnt go without a removeable battery.
40. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
I thought the same thing about the removable battery until I got the Razr Maxx. I've had it for three months and it's only frozen once - and the force restart by pressing Pwr + Vol Dwn worked just fine. Now I don't mind it.
41. winthorpe (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
"I couldnt go without a removeable battery."
Seconded. I like Moto's build quality way better than Samsung's and prefer the closer-to-stock platform. But for me, no swappable battery (or complete power-down reboots), no $$$.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
o hells yea! lolz
3. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why not 2GB ram!
Why not 400ppi
Why not Quad-core clocked at 1.8Ghz
Was it asking to much?
Why not Jelly-bean?
Another let down by MOTO!
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lol your demand is quite high
The only thing I agree your statement is the jelly bean
6. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wendy its not high, its above standard. Just like when u buy a car you have options, when you buy a PC or a Labtop you can configure, but its a shame the mobile industy dosen't allow this....!
20. Brewski (Posts: 321; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
You should put that hot chick back as your avatar...
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
hahaha he's being sarcastic.........secretely saying people will never be satisfied.... :)
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Android users always looks for high-end specs....!
I have a S3 QC rooted and overclocked CPU at 1.8 along
with overclocked GPU and clocked voltage. But its still
11. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
If people aren't getting the picture from this guys name then the jokes on all of you.
Troll, you're being a troll.
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I'm looking forward to buying this when released.
But don't know what Chip will be for the European.
Will be selling the S2.
10. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
2 gigs and Jelly Bean are my only complaints. The display on it is great but there isn't much excuse to not ship with Jelly Bean and more ram.
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I agree with the 2 GB RAM and JB, but the 400 ppi and 1.8 GHz quad core is asking too much.
At MOST we might see a dual-core S4 Pro, and 2 GB RAM in the Razr HD, along with JB out of the box and a 720p display. That 1.8 GHz processor and 400 ppi would just kill battery life.
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
For MOTOROLA anything is possible for them. If they can produce 3500mah battery, why can't they make one with
4000mah, the public will be more than happy to thro that
extra £50 for the sake of it.
33. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
More cores, higher frequency less necessary if running the same tasks, it'll just be a battery vampire. Like how a V8 engine can rev to a lower speed and make as much, if not more, power than an engine of an I-4 configuration. (or any other metaphor you might understand)
36. Royal.Troll (banned) (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
But when browsing on the internet on the S3 it takes
15 seconds to load Phonearena website, now with those specs it would take around 7 to 9 seconds.
its all about browsing speed, not about the apps. And also everything on the phone will be loading super fast, which now it's zippy! A big major differences!!!!!
37. Royal.Troll (banned) (Posts: 5; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
Enjoy ur V8....While I and others wants to enjoy Super-Charged V8 Twin-Turbo!
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Is there any chance asking MOTO to make a custom phone with MPQ8064....
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's most certainly the Razr HD and we might even get to catch a glimpse of the Droid Razr 2 there. 5th circled! ;D
24. nicholassss (Posts: 368; Member since: 10 May 2012)
until they drop a nexus device, I'm not interested. This phone seems boring and like yesterday's news. Its just not quite good enough.(and I'd even qualify myself as a motor fan boy considering 4 of my last 5 devices were Motorola.)
26. nicholassss (Posts: 368; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I feel like it'd have more street cred.
27. Jillxz (Posts: 149; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I don't see why Motorola couldn't put 2GB of Ram instead of one. I will hold out for a Motorola to come along with the 2 GB of Ram , even if I have to wait a long long time.
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
so far the only phone that's gotten 2GB of RAM is the SIII and they only did that as a precaution for JB in case it was resource needy which wasn't the case. i wouldn't hold anybody to the 2GB standard just yet.
28. kanagadeepan (Posts: 916; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Moto its already late... Better come with S4-PRO and/or 2GB RAM... Since its from Verizon, we can't expect bootloader unlock for this phone.. So atleast bump-up the specs atleast...
30. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
why not? Verizon's XOOM is unlockable.
31. smartphone (Posts: 160; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
So when did google start fearing the windowsphone so that it try to steal the thunder of the wp8 event.
Niether Nokia nor Microsoft did that to any google event.
Google should throw the ' clean business ' mask and try to be less hypocrite.
39. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
when did windows phone become popular enough for them to care???
32. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Idk if this is the phone I want. I just really hope google is doing one of two things with moto.
1. Holding back to leave room for the RAZR NEXUS
2. Using their more recent minimum profit, 300$ off contract approach!
If either of these are their strategy, then a lower-speced-than-s3-highend-phone is logical IMO
35. McSteezy (Posts: 22; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
I am just hoping the 2530 battery has a typo! And the 8-Megapixel camera is better than the original Razr Maxx.
38. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
why not wait to see what they annouce then gripe on what they should have put in the phone to make it great??? It is only my opinion by the way.
I got a bionic and unlimited plan, Not giving up the unlimited for nothing better then what i got in terms of specs. right now i got my ICS leak on 1.2Ghz clocked normal and it runs great. Do i wish the display were better, Yes. Then i would have gotten a Razr but just the display wasnt enough to justify the jump. So like every other educated Droid consumer, its time to sit and wait. (if they unlock my bootloader well i going to have some fun)
42. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
fck VERIZON to get all the good battery life and design from MOTOROLA. what bout the rest of us? I don't want the ATRIX HD doesn't have the BIG BATTERY LIFE from Motorola