Motorola XT890, rumored to pack 2GHz Intel processor, breaks bread with the FCC
0. phoneArena 14 Sep 2012, 00:15 posted on
The Motorola XT890 has taken a trip to visit the FCC; this is rumored to be a version of the Motorola RAZR M for the global market expected to be powered by Intel Inside; speaking of what's inside, a 2GHz CPU is purportedly running the show...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Bye iPhone 5
Hello moto :D
2. Yummy (Posts: 117; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
2ghz? Pshaw my pentium 1 is like 3mhz.....oh wait...
6. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
My Pentium 166 can play Roller Coaster Tycoon. Beat that.
9. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
my 386 is on that 66mhz status while pushin 64mb of RAM
Runs the original Prince of Persia at 2fps ;)
3. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Why will a phone with such a high-speed processor feature a low res-screen. Something's not right.
13. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
I imagine that both companies are trying to keep risks and costs low at first as Intel enters (fairly) uncharted territory and they work out the kinks in the system. With introducing an entirely new, and by the looks of it, very unique processor, there is a lot on the back end to get done. My guess is taking it easy until they are more confident with the hardware/software combo, first impressions with a phone that lags big time will be no good.
4. Dr.Phil (Posts: 862; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Well, this is interesting considering the previous Intel devices that were benchmarked were clocked at 1.6 Ghz. I am still hoping that this turns out to be a dual-core CPU. If a single-core Intel processor is able to keep up with dual-core TIs, then I can only imagine a dual-core processor (clocked higher, mind you) could definitely keep up with the new quad-core processors being released.
5. Lawliet (Posts: 160; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Must be qHD with some cut for on-screen buttons
7. Dr.Phil (Posts: 862; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
That's actually exactly what it is, as you can see by the picture. The XT890 is just the global version of the RAZR M which we have already seen this past week.
12. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 700; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
mine very first PC had 1.7gh only with 256mb of ram
14. kanagadeepan (Posts: 631; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
The PC I first worked is 80286 with 20MB HDD (Yes, HardDisk and NOT RAM) That 20MB HDD is partitioned to 2 Drives and that 10MB second drive is used for Backup...
15. Ragnarockd (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
would be great to see the day when intel comes out with a quad core cpu with turbo boosting tech and hyper threading and producing a beast of a smartphone. Well they are keeping it safe and slow atm.....
16. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This is the same Medfield they already have in phones, just clocked higher. Possibly with a newer PowerVR GPU.
Interesting..can't wait for the battery test