Motorola XT890, rumored to pack 2GHz Intel processor, breaks bread with the FCC
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Sep 2012, 00:15
The Motorola XT890 has taken a trip to visit the FCC; this is rumored to be a version of the Motorola RAZR M for the global market expected to be powered by Intel Inside; speaking of what's inside, a 2GHz CPU is purportedly running the show...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Yummy posted on 14 Sep 2012, 00:19 7 1
2ghz? Pshaw my pentium 1 is like 3mhz.....oh wait...
6. Contreramanjaro posted on 14 Sep 2012, 00:31 4 1
My Pentium 166 can play Roller Coaster Tycoon. Beat that.
9. 305Bucko posted on 14 Sep 2012, 00:58 9 0
my 386 is on that 66mhz status while pushin 64mb of RAM
Runs the original Prince of Persia at 2fps ;)
3. No_Nonsense posted on 14 Sep 2012, 00:21 3 0
Why will a phone with such a high-speed processor feature a low res-screen. Something's not right.
13. Contreramanjaro posted on 14 Sep 2012, 01:24 4 0
I imagine that both companies are trying to keep risks and costs low at first as Intel enters (fairly) uncharted territory and they work out the kinks in the system. With introducing an entirely new, and by the looks of it, very unique processor, there is a lot on the back end to get done. My guess is taking it easy until they are more confident with the hardware/software combo, first impressions with a phone that lags big time will be no good.
4. Dr.Phil posted on 14 Sep 2012, 00:22 0 0
Well, this is interesting considering the previous Intel devices that were benchmarked were clocked at 1.6 Ghz. I am still hoping that this turns out to be a dual-core CPU. If a single-core Intel processor is able to keep up with dual-core TIs, then I can only imagine a dual-core processor (clocked higher, mind you) could definitely keep up with the new quad-core processors being released.
5. Lawliet posted on 14 Sep 2012, 00:27 3 0
Must be qHD with some cut for on-screen buttons
7. Dr.Phil posted on 14 Sep 2012, 00:47 4 0
That's actually exactly what it is, as you can see by the picture. The XT890 is just the global version of the RAZR M which we have already seen this past week.
12. Wiki_jaan posted on 14 Sep 2012, 01:12 1 0
mine very first PC had 1.7gh only with 256mb of ram
14. kanagadeepan posted on 14 Sep 2012, 02:36 4 0
The PC I first worked is 80286 with 20MB HDD (Yes, HardDisk and NOT RAM) That 20MB HDD is partitioned to 2 Drives and that 10MB second drive is used for Backup...
15. Ragnarockd posted on 14 Sep 2012, 03:03 1 0
would be great to see the day when intel comes out with a quad core cpu with turbo boosting tech and hyper threading and producing a beast of a smartphone. Well they are keeping it safe and slow atm.....
16. darac posted on 14 Sep 2012, 04:24 2 0
This is the same Medfield they already have in phones, just clocked higher. Possibly with a newer PowerVR GPU.
Interesting..can't wait for the battery test