Motorola XOOM finally getting LTE upgrade... in September
0. phoneArena 26 Jul 2011, 13:36 posted on
It looks like Motorola XOOM users on Verizon can finally have something solid to look forward to as a leaked memo has confirmed that the LTE upgrades will begin in September. Of course, there's no word on if Verizon has shortened the estimated week long process...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. downphoenix (Posts: 1988; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
good fail motorola. This tablet's will have been out for 7 months or so by the time september comes. They originally promised within 2 months.
2. cellularchloe (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Nov 2010)
So I'm going to actually have to start CHECKING and READING my Gmail? Aaaarggghhh.
3. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know better late than never! WEAK!
4. baitandswitch (unregistered)
The advertising and promotion behind the xoom stated ninety days with Motorola's website specifically stating before the end of Q2. Has there been any litigation started? I would like to join
5. Sniggly (Posts: 6199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
You guys need to relax. Would you rather have them run into issues and then rush the update and half ass it anyway?
8. baitandswitch (unregistered)
If a vendor , Motorola in this case, promotes sales based on a specific timeframe of events then it should have been a fully baked upgrade. Instead they misrepresented their product with the full support of Verizon, with no appologies.
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Total miss on Motorola's part. This is a good example of why they struggle. They rushed a half baked product to market that was missing a bunch of advertised features.
7. Sniggly (Posts: 6199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
And now it has those features. And it's less expensive than the most comparable iPad 2. Not a bad deal, wouldn't you say?
9. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
If you like android at this point the price is reasonable, but I don't think anyone cares about the Xoom anymore. I think it's too late to turn the sales numbers around. Maybe the next generation.
10. Rob (unregistered)
September is almost over. Anyone want to bet that the upgrade isn't coming? I don't just mean in September, I mean ever.