Motorola X Phone may come in over 20 colors
0. phoneArena 17 Apr 2013, 12:22 posted on
There have been persistent rumors that the Motorola X Phone would be offering hardware customizations, bolstered by Guy Kawasaki’s cryptic comments on the subject. Our source at Motorola has said that hardware customizations are unlikely, but it looks like there may be at least a bit of customization to look forward to with a variety of colors...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. MikeG77 (Posts: 401; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
That's nice to know but I want to know what are the specs in regards to internal storage options/SD card slot, battery size and if its internal/removable, screen size/resolution/type, type of camera but most importantly I want a release date and carrier availability.
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2696; Member since: 26 May 2011)
As we've said before, there most likely will not be an SD card slot. Google has been trying to kill those for years, and has removed some of the Android functionality for SD. So, don't expect that.
5. MikeG77 (Posts: 401; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
Michael if you look at my comment i also mentioned internal memory. If they offer 32/64/128 gb options then I would have no need for an SD card slot.
8. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2696; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Understood, but as I don't have any info on any of the other things you mention, I only commented on the one thing I did know.
10. MikeG77 (Posts: 401; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
Thats fine. I just wanted to make sure you didn't miss that part of my post.
29. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Why are you getting thumbs down?
21. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Im a fan of google but personally I think removing an sd slot and/or android funtionality of sd cards is a little stupid. For instance i have a note 10.1 with a 32gb micro sd card. the internal memory is 16gb,now alot of the big hit games like those from gameloft etc only use internal memory and many of those games up to 2gb in size.
This means with a few of these games the internal memory is full
Now i checked my other apps and games which dont feature large 'sd card obb data files' and if they were still able to use app2sd then up to 4 gb of my internal memory woulkd instantly be freed up with them storing 90%of the app size on external sd instead of internal allowing more installations of apps not needing 'obb file' downloads
23. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
SD cards would actually increase sales of digital products; why buy that app or that album or that movie if my phone is already full?
Cloud = irregular service.
If I sat on a couch, then the cloud makes sense. Give me 128GB flash built in and watch me spend no matter where I go.
3. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
after Core,Ram , design feature etc fight ot competition now its time for a color fight
6. torr310 (Posts: 752; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
huh...20 colors?? That means there will be at least over 15 colors I dislike. LOL
27. vincelongman (Posts: 3891; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I hope the are some with different materials as well. That way people could chose between metal unibody or plastic with removable back and battery.
7. mydi.maus (unregistered)
or rainbow color,just to have it all..
9. AndiAllDay (Posts: 14; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
I prefer better softwares that will make the phn user friendly and work effectively; colors do not make a better! that's why phn cases are for!
11. lyndon420 (Posts: 3660; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
And then someone slaps a case on it. It should only come in black..
with 20 different colored cases to choose from. It wouldn't hurt to try and promote protection even if just a color is what sells it.
12. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I only like it black or white.
14. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2696; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Is it wrong that my first thought on reading this was, "That's racist"?
15. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Hahahaha. Not at all! I was going more in the aspect that I don't like colored phones (not that "colored"). I will only buy a phone that's either white or black, nothing more.
Never intended on making it seem like a racist joke. Lol.
13. johnriii (Posts: 238; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
maybe I'm just old, but WHO buys a phone based on color? every smartphone I've had was married up with a case within 48 hours of me buying it, so I don't see the big deal. I guess if you don't care to protect your device from the inevitable drop, then I guess colors would excite you.
16. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
come with 20 colors and 20 ugly design..
17. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I have been waiting to see this phone.
gonna be an heavy weight boxer coming to the smartphone market.
18. Jurdiales (Posts: 132; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
If the Motorola phones come with their MAXXed batteries as spec-base, they can won the battery battle without doubts...
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well that would be more like shopping for a car than other other devices. o:
20. papss (unregistered)
if it's fragile it has to be a black phone so I can put a case on it...white is too famine for me.. if it's tough like a Nokia then it has to be red or cyan cause no case is needed.
22. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
20 colors means it will be plastic.
These will not anodized aluminum. As much as I hate that my Nexus 4 has a glass back, it looks nice, but ultimately it's pointless. The nexus 4 isn't a showroom kind of phone. I cover it with a case, and it's plastic.
24. belovedson (Posts: 974; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
probably plastic. customization will probably be internal memory. 16/32. camera will probably be a generic 12-14mp/led. most likely samoled. no microsd. no nexus badging.
it will probably be ordered online. software will probably be concentrated.
25. VJo003 (Posts: 356; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
20 colors surely can't be dubbed as a "game changer"
26. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is not important!
The important thing is the X Phone itself! :)
28. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Is that gonna come with a book of swatches? you know, so we can pick our colour before purchasing