Motorola Tao now the Droid for Verizon; device will not have MOTOBLUR
This article contains unofficial information.
1. CHEFJEFF (Posts: 136; Member since: 22 Sep 2009)
So this was the Sholes, then tao, now it's the droid? WTF? And what happened to MOTOBLUR?
2. Pitt4l (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
IS Motorblur- really that important? I have not used it, so maybe I will not be missing anything. I am over all pretty amped for this phone to come out!
3. rehnhart (Posts: 103; Member since: 27 Mar 2009)
Don't really care about Moto Blur... just interested in the phone and Android.
4. vulgar (Posts: 10; Member since: 04 Sep 2009)
yea i think i could do without my friends facebook and myspace and tweet all over my phone. Its insane how connected some people wanted to be with those social networks.
5. vzw fanman (Posts: 1968; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
well if you have 600 friends it's kinda fun to use facebook on the phone. :-)
9. Kiltlifter (Posts: 742; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
600 friends really aren't your friends... I would guess 20-50 tops, the others are fluff b/c you are a facebook/myspace friend whore. But that would be annoying... it would show that you have 800 unread messages every second as morons update their status every 5 minutes... it is a little rediculous. I think motoblur is cool, but who's to say that a ROM update won't have motoblur later. Or leave it to XDA to cook one up for you.
11. vzw fanman (Posts: 1968; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
hahaha 20-50??? don't forget kiltlifter, i'm not old, i'm still in college. :-)
13. Kiltlifter (Posts: 742; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
600 people are not your friends, they are just people you know. Friends would take a bullet for you.
6. LGVX1993 (Posts: 260; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)
Fail. I actually liked the Sholes name and now without MOTOBLUR im completely uninterested
14. VZWfangirl (Posts: 71; Member since: 25 Jul 2009)
MotoBlur was targeted for a younger audience. The Tao or MotoDroid is suppose to be an "adult" phone.
8. saneok (Posts: 76; Member since: 01 Oct 2009)
I am gald it won't have motoblur! and the new name actually suits the phone since its the first Android phone on Verizon... it makes sense... I just hope the phone doesn't look like in the recently posted photos. I really like it on the older photos from motofan.ru
10. MrSoandSo (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 Sep 2009)
I don't know if that info is completely accurate. I spoke with a VZW MOTO rep today, who told me that it will have MOTO blur, he had just come back from a MOTO conference in Chicago and everyone was given a gag order, so he couldn't show me the phone, but he did say MOTOBlur will be on this device. So it will be interesting to see who is right on this latest rumor.
12. whitman5115 (Posts: 28; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)
I don't want MOTOBLUR, the review for the moto cliq said that blur was a fail. It totally cluttered up the home page. Its cool to have some connection with facebook/twitter but there's an app for that. Disclaimer: not apple related.