Motorola RAZR to get ICS in early 2012
0. phoneArena posted on 19 Oct 2011, 11:25
A Motorola senior vice president has said that the newly announced Android superphone will be getting the update to Ice Cream Sandwich "at the start of 2012"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. arcq12 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 11:27 4 5
that's what I'm talking about.. so let's forget about the galaxy nexus then..
2. corporateJP posted on 19 Oct 2011, 11:29 5 2
I tend to easily forget about alot of things that say "Samsung" on them.
But, that's just me.
4. arcq12 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 11:35 6 2
haha.. same here sir, I'm just not into Samsung products..
14. Synack posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:32 4 4
And why are none of you into Samsung? Have you actually owned any of the Galaxy 1 or 2 devices? They are the best phones out there and until now with the RAZR no Moto phone could even compete. But of course now that a Moto phone has a SAMOLED display then it can compete. Except Motorola's UI completely blows.
19. arcq12 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:40 5 2
never owned one but most of my friends has samsung. all of them are having troubles as far as the receptions, hardware wearing out, and long array of software issues.
I also work for a major carrier and we receive countless complaints about their samsung device.
And personally, I don't like the designs and feel of any of the Galaxy products I've handed so far. And TouchWiz is crap.
40. bossmt_2 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 15:26 4 1
Synack I disagree, I don't think that the new Motoblur is bad at all. From the X on it got better. I actually hate Samsung's UI personally, especially when it's on Verizon with their crappy Bing add ons.
32. BWAAAHAHA posted on 19 Oct 2011, 14:03 0 4
Yeah I bet you "easily" forget about everything else in life too MORON!
39. arcq12 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 15:20 1 1
your comment is non sense. it shows how much space left in your brain.
31. BWAAAHAHA posted on 19 Oct 2011, 14:02 1 5
More like your poor a$$ can't afford samsung products so you just had to bash.
37. arcq12 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 15:18 5 2
you're kidding right? when I bought my HTC Desire HD it was more expensive than the Galaxy S.. Crapsungs are cheap as sh*t and you should know that..
3. ayephoner posted on 19 Oct 2011, 11:31 1 0
dont the physical buttons obviously point to it being developed for gingerbread?
i would think motorola will have a phone w/o buttons coming down the pike. ICS might make it quickly to the RAZR, but future updates will see it on the back burner to phones designed for the OS.
16. Synack posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:33 1 0
You can program the capacitative buttons to work instead of the OS buttons for phones with real buttons. All they have to do is remove the bottom navigation buttons from ICS for the particular type of phone.
5. remixfa posted on 19 Oct 2011, 11:50 1 0
he probably just means "designed for gingerbread" as in it has physical capacitive buttons instead of the all onscreen nature of the Nexus.
6. c.hack posted on 19 Oct 2011, 11:51 0 3
Lame. I wouldn't buy this phone anymore then getting a new PC with Windows Vista.
7. kshell1 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 11:59 4 0
FU this is the greatest phone build wise, spec wise (except for screen), and durability wise that has been released in a long time look for this thing to be a big seller
18. c.hack posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:39 2 4
Its a POS, a-hole. Overpriced DX2 with a different case. BS Moto-blur. This phone's for losers.
24. kshell1 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:50 5 1
lets see 1.2ghz dual core processor 7.1 mm thin super amo qhd screen, water spash screen, kevlar, steel core, best android phone yet
23. arcq12 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:49 1 0
doesnt mean it has kevlar it will survive a 5 foot drop.
50. mobileuser posted on 25 Jan 2012, 16:59 0 0
Neither will any samsung product like the SGS II nor the Nexus can survice a 5 foot frop either. your comment is nonsense.
8. Droid_X_Doug posted on 19 Oct 2011, 11:59 1 0
@c - Not sure what to make of your comment. Are you equating the RAZR to Vista? Or, Android v. 2.3? Spec-wise the phone hardware that counts (CPU, RAM, GPU) is identical between the two phones.
9. Droid_X_Doug posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:02 2 0
Is PA going to be getting an early look/review of the RAZR? Curiosity overwhelms regarding the call quality and camera performance of the RAZR.
10. Sniggly posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:22 1 0
Well, that clinches it. If I were still on Verizon I'd get the RAZR over the Nexus. Though I'd get the Razr even if it remained on Gingerbread. Hope to see ICS also land on the Atrix. :)
28. bolaG posted on 19 Oct 2011, 13:14 4 0
Come back to the dark side Siniggly...att blows and you know it :P
RAZR FTW. I love Moto call quality and Samsungs build quality doesn't compare with the Razrs. I've owned Samsung before and never been a big fan.
Honestly the only South Korean product I like is Blizzard :P The prime would have been my first Samsung android device had it completely out shined the razor
29. Sniggly posted on 19 Oct 2011, 13:33 1 0
Lol, and pay the ETFs and the cost of new phones for four lines? Not on your life. :P
Actually, here in St. Louis and the surrounding area, AT&T has a much stronger network than Verizon. I mean, big surprise, because they're kind of based here, but still. Also their plan is slightly less expensive, and comparable smartphones were WAY less expensive.
I am having some serious envy issues with the Razr now though. I want it so bad, I wish they had a version for AT&T. I'd save the money to blow on its full retail price.
42. Habib posted on 19 Oct 2011, 17:19 0 0
you mean the $5 on the 2gb data packages?
other thn that, there is no difference between the prices of the two companies
43. Sniggly posted on 19 Oct 2011, 18:24 0 0
Actually, the unlimited text bundle also gives you unlimited calling on cell phones no matter what the carrier, which is also big. And the coverage clinches it.
47. cheeseycheeser posted on 19 Oct 2011, 21:21 0 0
In Portland, Oregon, AT&T worked fantastic, and all over the suburbs and what not. I know there are carriers that work better in different places, but I actually really liked AT&T. Plus they had slightly cheaper plans, and much cheaper phones. But the coverage on the coast blew it for me. I lvoe Verizon, but the $300 thing is NOT ok, and they've been having a lot of network outages, and just weird things recently :/
11. Leodrade posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:25 1 0
Galaxy Nexus or Motorola RAZR? that's the question
25. arcq12 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:56 3 0
Nexus' advantage over RAZR is the screen but RAZR's screen is also a good one
ICS will come to RAZR so it's not a biggie. Design wise it's RAZR any day.
NFC isn't really that useful as it's not been implemented to a huge number of merchants as of now.
12. DROIDX0430 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:27 2 0
The ways phones are launching by Early 2012--we will be graced by something else----Razr want even be on our minds.....
26. arcq12 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:58 1 0
if you always think that way, you will grow old with your current phone.. take good care of it..
13. Thump3rDX17 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:29 1 0
don't forget the G.N. also has NFC which is about to become a whole lot more relevant. i like the Droid Razr more myself. the news of it's prompt update is also good news for us Droid 3 & Droid Bionic owners as Motorola proves once again they're on the ball when it comes to updates. ;D
15. DROIDX0430 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:33 0 0
This is Motorola's 3rd Droid phone (RAZR) in less than 3 months on Verizon alone--since July (Jul-Oct) 3 months....early 2012 is 3 months away----the way things are going--Are we really gonna be buying a RAZR in early 2012.. By then the RAZR2 will be ready for release
17. Synack posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:35 0 0
Lots of Moto lovers and Samsung haters in this topic.
20. Sniggly posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:41 2 0
Moto lover, not Samsung hater. Samsung makes fantastic devices. They didn't used to, but they've really stepped up their game in the past couple of years.
22. Synack posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:49 0 0
In my opinion they are exponentially increasing their game, and they are already at the top.
36. Thump3rDX17 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 15:00 1 0
yeah, Motorola only has a slight lead over Samsung for my fanboy loyalty at this point.
41. bolaG posted on 19 Oct 2011, 16:40 3 0
I'm not hatting. I'm going by experience with their devices. They are plasticky, they have worst call quality, and reception.
Their screens are amazing and their gpus are fantastic. I still dont feel like they're a phone I'll spend $300 for.
21. chuckyoo posted on 19 Oct 2011, 12:42 0 0
I love my samsung phone. I love my samsung phone. I love my samsung phone.
27. Hallucinator posted on 19 Oct 2011, 13:10 0 0
Hey, if Moto says it will get ics in early 2012 it has to be true. I mean look how smoothly the xoom got updated to lte.
30. Sniggly posted on 19 Oct 2011, 13:35 2 0
When Motorola gives a specific time frame they're usually pretty good about actually meeting it, unless there's an issue. Then they will revise the timeframe and let people know about it.
For instance, the Bionic was launched at the end of summer, exactly as Motorola said it would be after they had to redesign it.
33. Hallucinator posted on 19 Oct 2011, 14:05 4 0
On a serious note, both the razr and the Nexus are great looking phones.
34. Tmachaveli posted on 19 Oct 2011, 14:16 2 0
i like both company's but moto hit it big with the razr
35. henrickrw posted on 19 Oct 2011, 14:21 0 0
My sweet international GS2 is still in full command
38. dandirk posted on 19 Oct 2011, 15:18 1 0
Might be time to upgrade my OG Droid... Like its build quality... drop it all the time and no scratches where it counts.
Thought Nexus would be my next phone but the razr might be better for me.
4.3" screen... Don't think I really need the 4.65...
Larger battery, saw somewhere that the razr battery is a little bit bigger. (1800s vs 1700s)
Motorolla... I like their build quality... my droid is a tank (well accept for the batt door)
LTE on both!!!!
No ICS though... oh well
44. bolaG posted on 19 Oct 2011, 18:34 2 0
Same here. My OG Droid went through hell and back and still works and looks alright. I highly doubt the samsung could take close to the same abuse.
Thats why Razr FTW!
45. knights4life03 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 20:28 2 0
samsung probably wont because of plastic...... but definitely not apple and their iphone 4s!
46. Krishaun27 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 21:15 1 0
Samsung is to smartphones what Hyundai is to Imports ----Absolute crap and always has been...
49. ledbetterp3 posted on 19 Oct 2011, 23:51 1 0
That was my guess, now I am really angry at the people who disagreed with me...