Motorola RAZR i unveiled: first phone with 2GHz processor, Intel inside
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:17
Motorola has just unveiled its first Intel-based smartphone, the Motorola RAZR i with a whopping 2GHz Intel processor…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pokharkarsaga posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:20 21
superb phone ever made.this is what i was waiting for.perfomance phone and not specs phone.
12. cepcamba posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:48 5
there's air-craft grade aluminum and it's making my knees week.
24. sid07desai posted on 18 Sep 2012, 07:12 1
quick question, which is better? a quad-core/dual core 1.5 GHz or a 2GHz single core? Is having more cores better for multitasking?
33. rallyguy posted on 19 Sep 2012, 06:59 0
How I understand it, typically yes. Each core can perform a task. How I understand it is like this. Assuming you are doing an action that one core can't handle. Texting does not require as much resources as playing a game.
27. Captain_Doug posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:42 0
That pentile screen is killing me. It's stopping me from putting it on the "next" list.
29. sid07desai posted on 18 Sep 2012, 13:37 0
it is laggy bro. check the hands on on youtube. clearly noticeable lag. but it may improve after JB update.
32. gragonHDfones (unregistered) posted on 18 Sep 2012, 20:48 0
Although the specs is not bad at all...
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:49 5
this is definitely the international version of the razr m
15. Ray.S posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:52 4
Not really. This one will be available in select markets only, including the U.K., France, Germany, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico.
17. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:56 1
o.....well that could mean us too then right?
3. Evil_SaNz posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:25 6
Damn...let's see battery performance VS Arm, else it's a no brainer
9. kanagadeepan posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:43 3
Exactly my thoughts... Battery Life/Heating issues are to be seen keenly as the processor is OC...
19. Evil_SaNz posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:59 2
S4 PRO Adreno 320 benchmarks are out, will be a match even for the iphone 5 :D
4. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:29 3
dual core? LTE? 2000mAh only? i think motorola can make it better! i was looking forward for 3000mAh!
i wish a head to head comparison with optimus G!! and lets see who perform faster---qualcomm snapdragon or intel atom chips...
31. Jelly_Bean posted on 18 Sep 2012, 15:40 0
Moto just nailed this time....!!!
Very best of luck to Google & Moto mobility proud of you
7. darkskoliro posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:36 0
Is this supposed to be high-end cpu or mid-range?
8. Non_Sequitur posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:37 3
HOLY CRAP YES!!
HOLY CRAP NO!!
Not available in the States? Seriously?!
10. Berzerk000 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:44 1
Yay for Moto, if the single-core Intels are as powerful as current ARM dual-cores, then the dual-core Intels should be as powerful as quad-cores; the question is, when will we get dual-cores from Intel? And what about quad-cores?
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:57 0
if you check out the specs of the phone on here.....it reads dual core
21. yowanvista posted on 18 Sep 2012, 05:34 0
Because the chip features Intel Hyperthreading, so add up a 'virtual core'
11. aokde posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:46 4
I really hope that single core would beat the crap out of tge duals and quads! Just so people can see for their eyes that amount of cores isn't that important! Intel FTW!
28. cepcamba posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:44 1
Already proven by dual kraits against quads.
This intel chip sure can blast 1st gen duals (tegra2) but not new ones (kraits).
30. aokde posted on 18 Sep 2012, 14:39 0
i know it was (sony's xperia V is a dual, beat samsung's exynos 4 and nvidia's tegra 3) but it would be more awesome if a single core could do it :D
16. Veigald posted on 18 Sep 2012, 04:53 1
Single core on a droid? Thought droids needed at least five cores?
23. pemiwo posted on 18 Sep 2012, 06:00 3
I sense another apple lawsuit for the blatant use of the stand alone 'i' in the naming the phone. I think apple patented the letter 'i', didn't they? Lol.
25. McLTE posted on 18 Sep 2012, 07:57 0
phone looks great.. I don't think I could go back to the 960 resolution after having been at 1280 for a while, but if this is priced right.. a bit less than the super premium phones, I think it could do well.
I love the design! Edge to edge screen, looks very very good! :)
Hope the battery life is where we need it to be these days.. if it is, then Intel's next iteration on the smaller manufacturing process will definitely be good!
26. jael206 posted on 18 Sep 2012, 08:42 1
i love the team-up.. google + moto + intel.. FTW!
that's no iphone.. it's a RAZR i phone! gettit? \o/
34. Uncouthlyric547 posted on 05 Apr 2013, 18:51 0
sure it has a badass processor but why does motorola make their phones look ugly