Motorola PHOTON Q 4G LTE coming to Sprint August 19th?
0. phoneArena 08 Aug 2012, 20:23 posted on
With even Sprint CEO Dan Hesse confirming the existence of the device, the side sliding Motorola PHOTON Q 4G LTE is now expected to launch via Sprint on August 19th; following up on the surprisingly popular first model, the sequel includes a Motorola DROID 4 looking QWERTY...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Jasonhunterx (Posts: 111; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Eww Tegra 2 S4 or Omap would have been much better
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're one of those people who skims and automatically posts. Those are the specs from last years model.
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
that was the old photon.........This one will probably have the S4
9. ROYALLIST (banned) (Posts: 25; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
No. Omap4470 clocked at 1.8..... along with 2gb ram...
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
no, it'll be identical to the Atrix HD except it'll have a 4.3" qHD Display instead of a 4.5" HD Display.
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I'm seriously thinking about getting this phone, that keyboard could really replace on screen typing...
7. ROYALLIST (banned) (Posts: 25; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Me2, but let down by there specs always.
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
what is the let down by the specs?? in what area are the specs bad?
13. xXMAKESHIFTXx (Posts: 38; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Well to be honest the battery could be bigger. Honestly 2000 mAh should be a minimum standard in all Android phones with 4.x screen sizes. And as far as displays they could have done better. Other then that this should be a great phone.
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
If they would at least put it at 1800 then it would definitely "look" better for marketing.......but I really cant think of any phones that are 4.3 inches and have 2000 mAh or more battery except for the razr maxx but thats not the problem, the problem is not battery size for these phones, they just need to start making these phones with "removable" batteries that way people will have an option to increase the size it they want to, you got to give people "options" plain and simple....As for the display? the display is right where it needs to be....That screen is going to look really nice in your hands with the new color boost from Moto..
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Its no HD screen, but its a 4.3" qHD with ColorBoost technology.
8. sena7 (Posts: 29; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I really dig Motorola's approach to ICS.
It's about the best skin of the big 4 (HTC, Motorola, Samsung, Sony) for Android 4.x.
Unfortunately, the hardware as of late hasn't really been up to par. Hopefully this offering will satisfy those Sprint customers who prefer a phone with a physical keyboard.
11. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Good to know the bootloader is unlocked, hopefully all of Moto's new devices will have this feature.
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
moto says they're gonna unlock the boot loader for all their new phones from here on out...
21. ateo (Posts: 14; Member since: 09 Jul 2008)
they also said that some other models from the past will be unlockable. we'll see...
17. Yankchef (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
200 dollar pricepoint for this one doesnt seem right... I mean at&t is offering the atrix hd for 99 and it has a 300ppi+ screen. If this comes out at 200 on contract the evo and siii are going to outsell the hell out of it. physical keyboard isnt that big of a selling point
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
I think people are gonna find there way back to the keyboard on this one becuase the specs are right and the build is nice.....just my opinion though
19. falconsndawgs (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
You'd be surprise at how many people are sitting on their samsung galaxy s epic's still because they don't have the options of upgrading to something new with a slide out keyboard. I see this thing launching with a $199.99 price tag and shortly there after having a $50 mail in rebate added to it.
20. ateo (Posts: 14; Member since: 09 Jul 2008)
Such a shame Motorola will probably not produce a Europe bound variant for this phone. Since the Milestone 2 (Droid 2 in US), they haven't produced another qwerty slider for Europe. I had both the OG Milestone and the Milestone 2 and want to replace them with this. Sadly, I belive it's a long shot...
22. MrInterista (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
This phone make me crazy ! , I really want it .
any chance to release it in Europe or Asia :(
23. Amber (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
Unlocked bootloader is the best thing about this phone... I really hope they unlock all the other bootloaders too!!http://www.motoask dot com