Motorola PHOTON 4G sequel for Sprint this year?
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2012, 22:48 posted on
A source for PocketNow says that Sprint customers will be getting a shot at a sequel to the popular Motorola PHOTON 4G; the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE could offer the same diamond-cut corners as the original and a 720p HD display...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
with ICS and an S4 or better the EVO 4G LTE will be in for some trouble. xD
the EVO line sure is coming under fire from Motorola.
2. illuminatemyfate (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Looks like Sprint will have a nice trio of phones coming out this year with the EVO LTE, Photon 2 and Galaxy III (assuming it comes to Sprint as well). Choices, choices.
3. belovedson (Posts: 821; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
This is a first. I never knew Sprint considered the Photon the flagship model. Out of the trio I am positive it sold the least. In fact I have only seen a handful out in the wild, while I saw tons of Evo's and SG2's.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
they meant Moto's Flagship for Sprint which doesn't really say a lot...
13. lsutigers (Posts: 622; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
The Photon is an excellent phone, dual core Tegra 2, 1GB RAM, 16GB storage, 4G, international / world phone, qHD display, 8MP camera with HD video, noise cancelling mic's, awesome Motorola radios, oh and a kickstand. It is on par with the HTC EVO 3D and the Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch, the flagships at that time.
What made the Photon great were the Moto accessories. When I bought my Photon my local Sprint store could not keep the lapdocks, HD docks and car docks in stock. I still have my Photon which is hard to believe because I switch phones every 6 months or so.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i know it's a good phone. what i meant by "that's not saying a lot" is that there's barely any Motorola phones on Sprint so in turn being the Flagship does not say a lot.
5. ceepyou (Posts: 33; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Excited to see this continue. We have the Droid lineup (Mostly Motorola except for the Charge) for VZW, the Atrix selection for AT&T, and now the Photons for Sprint. Powerful flagship Android devices for each carrier. You have to hand it to Motorola for making their presence of mid to high tier devices known on each carrier in the last year in an arena of smartphones seemingly dominated by Samsung, HTC, and Apple.
7. kshell1 (Posts: 1120; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Moto also has mid range covered on sprint with the admiral
6. toobad (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
IDK kind of gotten tired of MOTO phones. I used to own to OG droid but after that they kind of went down hill.
8. theBankRobber (Posts: 640; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Wow if they release a Photon 2, im going to have to work some overtime and upgrade my OG Photon 4G.
9. Litch420 (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I have the Photon and it is one of the best phones I have had in my hands. I researched every single phone possible at the time of the Photon's release and I have not any a single problem with it. My next phone will be the Photon Q
10. snowgator (Posts: 3149; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Motorola seems to be a "love them or hate them" manufacturer, with few in-between. I really like Moto handsets, and liked the Photon a ton. Here's hoping the Google purchase just means better Android offerings, and the Photon 2 is a great phone.
11. adrian1559 (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
Ok sprint is getting 4g lte but there 3G speeds are slow as hell ok there really stupid they should be workin on there 3G speeds first then move up to 4g then 4g lte
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
or they could do an aggressive roll out for LTE like Verizon is doing.
14. lsutigers (Posts: 622; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Sprint IS working on their 3G speeds, they are upgrading all of their towers with Network Vision to use a faster 3G standard and they are adding LTE nationwide.
KingKurogiii, they are aggressively deploying LTE, by the end of this year their LTE network will cover 130 miilion POPs. By next year their LTE Network will be everywhere you have 3G service.
Within a year Sprint will have the strongest Network next to Verizon, and in some aspects it will be better than VZW's with HD Voice and advanced Rev. LTE and 3G.
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
what the hell is with you Sprint Fanboys always assuming that Verizon and the other carriers are going to be sitting around twiddling their thumbs while Sprint is improving?
17. ncstu (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
They should give it a behemoth battery. A 4g phone that can last an entire day might have me reaching for my wallet.
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's likely that they'll MAXX this bad boy up.
19. 12013E12T (Posts: 37; Member since: 08 Sep 2009)
Give this phone a qwerty keyboard and I'm sold!