Motorola Occam and Manta shown running Android 4.2 with benchmarks
0. phoneArena 07 Oct 2012, 14:07 posted on
The Occam (think Occam's Razor - or RAZR) smartphone is now listed in the AnTuTu Benchmark database of tested devices. It received an overall score of 9817, but shows a CPU frequency of 1512 MHz. Some speculation is that it could be using a quad-core processor to achieve that score, as well as a CPU Integer rating of 3670, or it could still be using the current Snapdragon S4 processor that is in the Motorola DROID RAZR M, and those scores higher show how much faster Android 4.2 is over the current Android 4.1 JB and 4.0 ICS.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I am still not done exploring JB completely and they are releasing a new version already? I know I always said google let me down but after using JB I think android is lovely! It's so smooth. Google is doing a great job! If only apple could do the same like when we had ios 4, we got 5 different updates with new AirPlay features and now after Steve is gone we got two updates and then a direct jump to ios 6. I hope ios 6.1 comes sooner than later. 'Nuff said.
20. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Yummy yummy Key Lime Pie!
I just llooovvveeeee PIES :)
21. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
I think its fake and is just a build.prop tweek..
22. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
That still doesn't change the fact that We all just llooovvveeee PIES! :)
2. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
currently running JB on my sensation and my nexus 7 and the NOTE (1)
i love it cant wait for 4.2
3. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
What's awesome is that key lime pie is gonna be even faster and it will have more fast animations.
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4103; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
And it will have better battery life, don't forget that!
4. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4103; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This Motorola Occam is interesting, and I will be following it until it's launched. A Motorola Razr Nexus with Project Roadrunner and Butter, no custom UI, immediate updates, a huge battery, Kevlar, and the Motorola antennae is bound for success. Hurry up with the Nexus event Google, we're all waiting!
6. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5494; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You also forget about great GPS module. :)
Whe only one problem talking about Motorola, especially sad thing for me is that Motorola sticked to OLED based screens. :(
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4103; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They might use their LCD ColorBoost display for the Nexus like they used on the Atrix HD and Photon Q.
7. Seymur (unregistered)
9. jan25 (Posts: 416; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
how could Motorola announce a new flagship when they haven't released the Razr HD yet! i think this Occam device might be Nexus. i certainly hope so.
11. jan25 (Posts: 416; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i know, but it's being tested meaning it is 3 month away (i am being generous) from being announced. besides, they are testing an android version that isn't released yet. this only happens with Nexus devices.
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4103; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Because it's a Nexus. Manufacturers always make Nexus regardless of their own device announcements. Remember, even though Google bought Motorola, Motorola will still release its own independent devices. So the Razr HD will be Motorola's flagship, and the Motorola Nexus will be Google's flagship, two different devices for two different intentions.
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6678; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'm pretty sure it's only made for Verizon while everyone else with Motorola phones stucks on 2.3 Gingerbread. RAZRS gets the stupid upgrade while we're stuck on 2.3 and this new phone is probably only made for verizon
17. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Hey Samsung, I'd be nice to get some jellybean love for the s3 already
18. kanagadeepan (Posts: 710; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
If this is NOT a nexus device or NOT coming with unlockable bootloader (NOT AS THAT CR@PPY DEV EDITION PHONES), I am NOT buying it even if it comes with 3300mAh battery and world's best build and radios...
19. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 438; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
D'oh! I haven't experienced JB yet.. But still, GO ANDROID!!