Motorola Moto X+1 'near-final prototype' leaks out, poses for the camera
0. phoneArena 25 Jul 2014, 07:13 posted on
The Motorola Moto X arrived amidst high expectations in August of last year, and while it had a lot going for it including an always-on voice recognition system…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. spin9 (Posts: 222; Member since: 31 May 2014)
The Large Hadron Collider :) A CERN contribution
23. neops (Posts: 259; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
realy now it looks like an extra sensor or a flash
29. boosook (Posts: 1304; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Could it be a fingerprint sensor? Of course, it could simply be an infrared led or an ambient light sensor.
30. boosook (Posts: 1304; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I looked at the picture again and I think it's simply the 3,5mm jack. :)
48. SupermanayrB (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Finally someone with sense got it right. Headset jack next to what appears to be a SIM tray but what I hope is an SD card slot.
35. CyberFalcon (Posts: 193; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
does moto maker have a kevlar back plate???
43. Landmarkcm (Posts: 491; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Ya I'm not a fan of the wood back myself. But I'm sure of course there will be the other options.
2. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
X+1 is looking really good. I will go back to Motorola after my Xperia z1 dies.
5. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Lol you bought an Xperia Z1 hahaha XD. I am buying an Xperia Z2 tomorrow *applies cold water to the burned area* ;-)
7. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1100; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I'm pretty sure his Z1 will be useless just because you bought a Z2. /s
52. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
He got trolled by Sony who released an inferior flagship first and then released a much better version. That's what I meant.
51. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I'd rather wait for Motorola to launch Moto X+1, and when they do, I'll just buy LG G2 for really cheap price. It has got everything the Moto has, plus bigger battery, infrared remote and 13MP cam
3. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
This is really ugly. I expected better from Motorola. The lenovo influence I guess..... *sigh*
14. Adrian38 (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
Lenovo has nothing to do with Motorola at the moment. That purchase hasn't even been finalized yet. This is all Motorola and it will be for a while still.
37. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1062; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Thats an unfinished product, which is why the camera, headphone jack and USB port look all messed up...but I agree, because that curve is hideous.
8. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 190; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I doublt that dual flash set may create lense flare type effect or flat light layer which will turn down contrast and color.
9. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 7224; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
So they add sd card support to the Moto G but not the X+1?
Let's just hope the specs are better than the X. High expectations were given for the X only because of the secrecy and hype Motorola was generating.
38. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2776; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I was about to say "Wow, an article on Motorola and Myx isn't commenting" but luckily you saved me from that happening.
It's pretty sad how you make sure to come into every article and bash them. Did they punch your kitten or something?
45. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Why wouldn't the specs be better than the X? It's the successor. Obviously it's going to be better.
11. promise7 (Posts: 623; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I hope it has a removable back like the Moto G. The only thing I dislike is that HUGE curve in picture 3.
12. realjjj (Posts: 298; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
lol you guys are hilarious , you keep repeating that Lenovo bought Moto but the deal is yet to close, Lenovo has nothing to do with Moto for now.
44. Landmarkcm (Posts: 491; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
Doesn't look to bad to me. Considering if it's going to have front speakers. Motorola has been the best at packing larger screens into a smaller frame. Unlike HTC!
19. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
The front looks ugly compared to the moto X, bezels look bigger but as said this is prototype so still possible that in final version it will be slimmer. Looks like it's got metal sides.
54. rnagic (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Jul 2014)
You are not alone. I had high hopes for a compact phone. 4.7 inches was perfect for me, but I thought they would make up for it with thin bezels. If I cared about front firing speakers, I would have bought the m8 months ago.
20. emcdonald75 (Posts: 42; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
The Speakers are front-firing!!! YES!!!!!! Might be my next phone if Motorola puts in a Micro-SD slot.
22. emcdonald75 (Posts: 42; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Dang!!! I just read that there will not be a micro-sd slot. Maybe HTC will release a phone that can be perfect with front-firing speakers. Come on HTC, put in a decent camera this time and make it like the LG G3 that you can force hide the on-screen buttons in games and certain applications.
31. iampayne (Posts: 321; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Do you comment first and then read the article?
21. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 229; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
This SHOULD have been last year's super-hyped XPhone... It would have sold like crazy....
26. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I just wanna point out that the gray material is most likely not plastic, but a metal (looks kinda like brushed aluminum) because there's cut outs for antennas. Makes me excited for what customization options we'll find.
27. Taters (Posts: 5089; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That looks huge and chunky. I guess that's why they are failing in sales. Listening to what fanboys and fan editors want instead of what the majority of the population want.
No one is going to buy a phone that god damn thick. No matter what the I would give up thinness for a larger battery and premium materials minority says.
28. Taters (Posts: 5089; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks like it uses that really poorly thought out HTC pyramid design crap. Where they stack the parts from widest to narrowest to create the illusion of being really thin at the sides at the expense of using too much glue and basic engineering principles that keep your phone from overheating and having a long lifespan.
No one should ever copy Suck t c.
39. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2776; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
That actually makes it easier to hold. Your palm curves, it isn't flat, which is why I hate all these OEMS who come out with wide and thin phones with a flat back. It's like holding a large credit card. The curve is what makes it comfortable to hold, which is why a lot of reviewers like the feel in the hand of the X.
And as far as being huge and chunky, what other flagships don't have that? There isn't a single flagship device that doesn't have a 5"+ screen, which for many means two handed use.
40. JC557 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
The cool thing about that is some of those reviewers ended up buying a Moto X for themselves because they loved the package as a whole.
46. Taters (Posts: 5089; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Nexus 5 and the GS4 are perfectly comfortable to handle at 7.9mm and 8.9mm. Don't need these 9.9mm phones with 4mm edges.
5 inch screen is perfectly fine since the 4.7 inch screened Motorola wasn't much smaller overall. This thick monstrosity doesn't look fine though.
33. diehardnokian (Posts: 139; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
specs look normal..hope moto wows us on the software side!
36. CyberFalcon (Posts: 193; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
dude trust me...
If a motorola phone comes with that kind of specs trust me its gonna blow everything out there...
not sure about the camera though...
41. Aplusk (Posts: 116; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
It should come with snapdragon 801 or 805 chip, sd card support and android L out of box.
It will be a tuff decision for me in future to buy either moto x+1 or note 4.
42. Landmarkcm (Posts: 491; Member since: 11 Aug 2009)
I should be good to go with a phone for a while with this year's Moto X. Great deals running right now on ithttp://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Unlocked-Phone-Warranty/dp/B00E92B88I/ref=sr_
1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406320827&sr=and should have it tomorrow. I already loved the Moto G & Moto G LTE. I even went back to WP for a bit and already tried the HTC 610. (it's garbage see my review on amazon) Anyway. Kudos to Moto. They are actually the only Android brand I like at the moment. As they have really stepped up their game. 8-1&keywords=moto+x
50. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3683; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
That looks beautiful to be honest. White bezels look ugly but I'm sure it will look sleeker in black. And that aluminum frame is a win for me. And the front speaker is going to be the loudest for sure like my moto G.
53. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
It's a shame is not out now... definitely would be my phone