Motorola Moto X vs Apple iPhone 5 first look
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2013, 14:15 posted on
We just got a very intimate look at the just announced Moto X, a flagship device from Motorola. Needless to say, it’s going to be fighting against some of the greats in the space, and with that in mind, people are going to wonder if it’ll have enough power in its punch to dethrone the mighty...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8717; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's take both. Best of both worlds. :')
4. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Moto x isn't the best of android though...imo
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8717; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Android and iOS.
People on this site need to go back to school.
15. Johnnokia (Posts: 528; Member since: 27 May 2012)
I really don't like Apple, but Iphone 5 is much better than this over hyped MOTO.
17. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
in what way? it been over-hyped is thanks to fans etc but the device itself can still prove itself
i dont see how the iphone is ''much better'' its comparable
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8717; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The iPhone IS better than the Moto X to some users. I'm in the middle ground.
39. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
true, as every device may be better to some users over others
but his ''much better'' comment is based on nothing in the context he used it
Moto's key feature for the general public though is customization they need to shove that down the public's throat to get there name back
10. Dr.Phil (Posts: 916; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I will say I was highly disappointed in the $200 on-contract price with no off-contract option. I don't think many people will go for it considering other offerings. I think they should've offered a $299 off-contract price in addition to the on-contract price. I think the device is still better than the iPhone 5, but it has lost some of it's appeal to consumers by having no cheap off-contract pricing. I also know there are many people out there that hate carrier exclusives as well. Here's to looking forward to other manufacturers in the hopes that I am not going to be disappointed with them either.
6. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Don't care about screen size on a phone...got the new nexus 7 and its awesome.
Also, nobody makes you buy it.. if its too much for your budget then move on...its simple
7. Commentator (Posts: 2437; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
No, no it's not! People NEED to complain about this stuff! Otherwise, how will anyone know their opinions on matters that don't apply to them whatsoever?!?
8. scott5626 (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
I wouldn't trade my iphone 5 for this...HTC One sure! Not this. Phonearena please go with a higher res upload your vids are blurry. :)
12. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1629; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
sorry apple loving my new macbook air but iOS 6 isnt my bag but maybe in september i would reconsider but for now....hello moto
25. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Why does this reviewer constantly talk about the premium build of the iPhone's aluminum, then shoes pictures of it covered in skins? If it's so premium, why the need to cover it?
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 12019; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ip5 is last years phone with last years tech, The Moto X is this years phone with last years tech. I expected more from Moto, and I'm quite frankly disappointed.
30. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6599; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Yet the IPhone still the puniest smallest phone out of SAMSUNG/HTC/SONY/MOTOROLA. ha
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 12019; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Haven't you realized yet, that no one takes you serious, looks at you as a techie, or cares for your opinion? We know your really, really, really hate apple. Ok believe me, we get it. Now go get ready for bed, mommy just made you a nice warm glass of milk.
40. ashkan (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
Moto with Android is better than an iPhone with iOS.