Motorola Moto X retail prices revealed: starting from $299
0. phoneArena 23 Jul 2013, 05:39 posted on
The Motorola Moto X will indeed be the affordable device we all anticipated. Prices will start at the extremely affordable $299 off contract for a 16GB Moto X…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Gulenkov (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 May 2013)
It's too much for Moto... It's perfect, but not so high price...
10. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
if there is a 32GB version i'm willing to pay $400 for it, otherwise i'll be waiting to see what G2 , N5 and Honami going to offer.
42. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Well the article states that the 32 gig version is $349 so you're in luck.
44. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
that's what i'm waiting for is a 32GB hope theres a 64GB option too.
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Tell you what, if battery life will be okay and the camera excellent on promise, I might not even wait for the Nexus 5.
7. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
looks like it's designed for battery life
30. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
True. But if they plan to sell it on Play Store, then you might see Nexus 5 before Moto X actually ships to your house.
3. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
How about those non-google play countries? It will be the same just like the nexus 4, in my country it costs $570
5. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 126; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Yeah, here in Philippines Nexus 4 cost 555usd i thought it will be just like 200-300usd >.
15. tadaa (Posts: 267; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
what if i told you that you could get it at 390 usd in the Philippines?
31. kalloud (Posts: 144; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
What if I told you that you can't get it here in tunisia?
47. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
Yeah, you can. But these units are gray market devices. No warranty from manufacturer.
17. pellegrini (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
I don't think Motorola will subsidized this phone on play store, they need to make profits from this phone.
For a dual-core S4 pro and with 4,7" screen phone, $299 is a good price.
The problem for some countries will be the taxes.
Here in Brazil it will be a miracle if this phone arrives for less than $500 (16GB version).
50. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
The nexus 4 costs nearly a grand there for the 16gb version doesn't it?
19. boosook (Posts: 1276; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
This is Motorola, it's not a Google subsidized phone, so the price is the standard retail price. The Google Devices store is not involved either. It's up to Motorola to distribute the phone, and the countries where it will be available might differ from those where the Devices store is open.
51. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Google doesn't subsidize their nexus devices at all, i tell you what, smartphones only cost $200 or so to be made, it's just oems that make them expensive due to excessive mark-up, Google however doesn't do this thus they are cheap
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
That's a pretty decent price, and i like the back cover's look. The front is just weird because there is more top bezel than bottom bezel.
6. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Really good price. I think this may give real competition to samsung devices. Right phone at the right time. This is what HTC, Sony, and others should be doing, offering good solid devices with impressive prices.
9. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
The specs are a year old...and for 300 it's a rip.
12. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
those specs can get you through any task you throw at it , unless you are only buying the phone to compete in Antutu benchmarks world championship.
14. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
The specs are similar to S3, and S3 costs about ~$500 without a contract. So this is a really good price. If everything is good as advertised, this is going to be a big seller. Of course, if S3 price is lowered to 300, then I'd get the S3.
20. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
exactly, plus for the benchmark freaks : the S3 score 12,000 on average the Moto X is in the 17,000.
38. cwiley5045 (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 May 2010)
I'm really trying to understand how you feel with the processor additional senors 4.7 720p screen coming in at $299 is a rip. That's incredible. Next thing is carriers need to adjust there monthly prices plans since you own your phone from the start. This might change this flagship race because this phone will give you everything you need.
49. mrmessma (Posts: 123; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I wish Verizon would make a non subsidized monthly plan for those of us that own our own phone outright, that know better than to care about benchmarks and having the latest phone, that know what real world performance is, but they're beholden to their investors and ever increasing profit numbers.
11. Genersis (Posts: 217; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Wow, that's really good even if it comes out here in a pound to dollar ratio of 1/1.(which I doubt)
16. gazmatic (Posts: 631; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
no playstore in my country so it will probably cost about $600
18. diamondflurry (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
But will Google sell an off-contract Moto X that works on Verizon for $299.99? That'd be a dream come true form me. I fear Google's off-contract offerings will always be for ATT and T-Mobile only...
40. cwiley5045 (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 May 2010)
From articles that I've read, AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint are signed up. T Mobile is the only one that is still at the negotiation table. I'm hoping they don't allow the carriers the increase the price. This I believe will change everything. People will start to understand just how much there over paying for these phones. This will make it much easier on the pocket. Yes it may not be the most powerful but your not using that power anyways.
22. Klamba92 (Posts: 209; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
What will this mean for the nexus phones, are they going to be discontinued?
29. justapotato2 (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
hopefully Google has a surprise up its sleeve. If not i could see the LG G2 or a Sony being the next nexus. I know there has been talks of a pure google xperia Z...but that talk was stopped about 2 days after it started. so maybe its going to be it!
41. cwiley5045 (Posts: 16; Member since: 07 May 2010)
I'm wondering if they place the latest tech in the Nexus phone like Qualcomm Snap 800 top of the line cameras. Have the Nexus be Google top of the line product. Even with Samsung S4 and HTC One Google Editions its still built for there software like Sense, and TouchWiz
23. valapsp (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
$50 for 16GB? I dont get it. Same thing with N7.
28. justapotato2 (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
some "other" phones are charging $100 for 16gb. I know internal mem cost more but a 16gb card is around $10. They should be charging no more than $25 for 16gb internal.
24. valapsp (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
So much disappointment from Motorola with that 2200mAh battery.
25. Bedz81 (Posts: 71; Member since: 30 Dec 2012)
More disappointed with the lack of an expansion slot
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Phew was hoping their will be a 32GB VERSION please let their be a 64GB Moto
27. justapotato2 (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
seriously??? The N4 still has slightly better specs. I was hoping it would be $250/$300 OR 32gb $300 and $350 for 64gb. I really hope the Nexus 5 (if there is one) has a 64gb version. I would pay around $450 for it...
33. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
$299 for a phone with 2011 specs? I don't care if its "always on". $300 is too much for this phone. What a shame!
36. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
its supposed to be acheap phone most phones off contract cost 600+ this phone is also said to be 99- on contract plus it did great on the benchmarks
45. kalloud (Posts: 144; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Windows Phone 8 devices run very smoothly on dual core processor with 1GB of RAM, maybe google wants to proove that even android can do that..
48. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Where the heck are people getting "2011 specs" from? Because it has a dual core? Nevermind that it's the fastest dual core ever in a phone and the GPU is identical to the current flagships. If it's not a quad core, it's crap, eh?
34. google-apple (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
Nice pricing MOTOROLA & of course GOOGLE... Just like nexus...
Hope it gets a better review than nexus 4...!!!
35. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
And people are still going to complain smh.......i have last years motorola photon q which has a dual core 1.5ghz snapdragon s4 with adreno 225 and this phone handles everything you throw at it VERY well. So im positive the moto x having a dual core s4 pro will do even better!
We got to let go of the spec wars and embrace innovation and things such as a smooth user experience. And for $300 the moto X is looking to give us that for one hell of a price
43. google-apple (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
Dual Core s4 pro... More than sufficient...
It will be one hell of a phone...!!!
37. taikucing (unregistered)
YES! This will be my next phone.
39. Sakeem (Posts: 377; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Cant wait to see video reviews of this phone. August 1st cant get here soon enough.
52. trickster_qc (Posts: 86; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
I wonder how much it will be to have it personnalized?
54. Jillxz (Posts: 148; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
What a god awful ugly piece of junk. Every thing Google makes is just plain ugly. Moto phones , Nexus devices all so unattractive. Google needs to hire new design personel.