Motorola Moto X hands-on
0. phoneArena 01 Aug 2013, 14:00 posted on
Hello Moto! We were just talking about you just last week, when Verizon introduced the world to its latest set of Motorola DROID branded smartphones. This time though, we’re getting a look at something that seems to have far more reach than its DROID siblings. In a very quiet affair...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Cinnamon (Posts: 87; Member since: 16 Jun 2011)
Holy S**T! Most of the rumors were right!
Also Moto maker is something that is so cool.
Want this phone now.
18. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I take my comment back..I don't want it no more..
38. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
That was funny, tell us why have changed your mind
43. valapsp (Posts: 557; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Most probably because of its contract price and off contract price. $199,$249-$580,$630
31. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
American assembly and labor ain't cheap. The public wants American-made products, and you got it. The higher price tag is a consequence for this decision... it's time to put the money where your mouth is, folks!
4. hkxm8 (Posts: 64; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Camera, software, hardware seem good. Design? NO.
6. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
the shakey wrist thing to open the camera is beyond dumb. However everything else is nice. Nothing special really. Great, and possibly the best mid range out there though. Would get it but i want the HTC One / LG G2 instead sorry motoooo
8. Thomas5.3 (Posts: 37; Member since: 30 Oct 2011)
same price on contract as the galaxy s4.. NEXT
10. fanboylemonkiller (Posts: 16; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
over hyped. but like the moto maker and the backside idea!
11. scott5626 (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
I'll pass, no interest at all now. HTC one any day over this.
13. jimjam (Posts: 257; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
$199 with a contract- no thank you.
AT&T initial exclusivity - no thank you
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's on all four carriers, unless you're talking about Moto Maker.
20. Commentator (Posts: 3692; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Yeah, but that's really the only thing it has going for it isn't it? Unless you're dead-set on the new software features.
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No. I love my notification light. Can't buy a Android phone without it.
14. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 232; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Are these phones missing the big "MOTOROLA" logo on its top bezel? Will that be the case for the phones when sold? Of all the phone manufacturers around, MOTOROLA with its very rich history, especially its contribution to AMERICA'S WORLD WAR 2 Victory, makes me proud to have that familiar "MOTOROLA" logo on its bezel...Phone looks kinda naked without it...
15. jimjam (Posts: 257; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
"touch each other, not phones"
So it really is the XXX
17. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Honestly, the price killed this phone imo. I dont know what the off-contract price is but for $199 with contract, i can't see moto x going far...
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Looks great, but AT&T exclusive Moto Maker? Come on. That's probably the best thing about this phone. Maybe it's just a carrier exclusive, and so the unlocked version is unaffected by it. Also, $200 on contract isn't good, that $300 off contract price doesn't look so believable now.
24. sergiobr (Posts: 709; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Nice job Moto ! It´s a whisper for those that still look to a wp. But the phones now are too overpriced ! Make something cheaper and break the market !
25. Avenger337 (Posts: 81; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
The strength of the new Motorola mobile is customization which incidentally is great (eye with wooden back cover). Another important point is that even though your hardware is not in itself surprising will be talking about. I look to see how behaves crave compared to Qualcomm s600 and 800.
26. Sakeem (Posts: 476; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Well, i dont like At&t exclusive moto maker option. That should have been across the board from the jump. Also, where is the off contract option? No way do i want to sign up through a carrier, in my case Verizon, and lose my unlimited data in the process. Looks like i have to wait some more. Maybe all the way until Nexus 5 is shown,,,,,,,,whenever that is.
30. scott5626 (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
When Verizon gets there hands on it it'll be BOA (bloat on arrival)
29. fistigons (Posts: 330; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I'm currently stationed in the UK and was wondering how google now does in the uk? Does it have all of the same features that it has in the US?
32. c.sanchez (Posts: 16; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
I want it too. Kinda jealous because of the backs you can make..
33. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Everyone always forgets about WIRELESS AC. It's important for me
34. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I don't get it. Will this not be available off contract?
35. roscuthiii (Posts: 2217; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Moto Maker exclusivity with AT&T is just a really boneheaded move. That needs to dissolve immediately.
$199 on contract isn't too stellar either, but it appears they are all trying to slide the high end handsets into the $299 price tag range, naturally pulling the mid range phones to $199.
If the off contract price of a 32GB Google Play Edition isn't too exorbitant, I *might* still consider one.
37. fistigons (Posts: 330; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I love that navy blue color Not sure if anybody here reads comics but Atomic Robo has a kickstarter going on. It's pretty cool. I like gadgets and comics and hopefully everybody does too.
39. GeekMovement (Posts: 2156; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Ok so I just noticed this, but why does the front of the device look like it has a case on it? It ruined the design for me. I know it might be some measures to protect the screen, but talk about ugly! And that's why cases exist too!
40. ANANDALTER (Posts: 124; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
As for Moto Maker-"YOU CAN JUST ASK YOUR FRIEND TO MAKE ONE FOR YOU--- SIMPLE!!!!" He can have a At&t account and create it for everyone.
41. onlyoneooch (Posts: 2; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
720p and amoled screen killed it for me. The phone is really sexy, but those hardware features are a deal breaker.
42. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Nice ergonomic and overall a perfect phone, I want it.
45. yapsta56 (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Aug 2013)
If I manage to squire one of these, will it work on UK networks?