Motorola Moto X Android 4.4 update makes your pictures look better
But there is always room for improvement, and the recent KitKat update brought with it an enhanced touch to focus. Once the camera is open, you can swipe to the right to reveal the settings, and press on the image of the finger. The first time you do this, you will see an explanation on the screen of how it all works. The setting also will put up a green circle on the screen which you can move around with your finger.
When you tap to take the picture, the camera focuses on what is inside the circle. Even better, if you're not knowledgeable about photography, the camera will automatically set up for the best exposure using the light that it registers from inside the brackets. This should help your pictures come out looking a lot better than they did before.
Since this is the same camera found on the Motorola DROID Ultra, Motorola DROID MAXX and Motorola DROID Mini, all three should receive the same feature when they are updated to Android 4.4.
KitKat update brings enhanced touch to focus to Motorola Moto X
1. Swipe to the right to slide out the settings menu, and press on the finger
2. Move around the circle to the area you want to focus on
1. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
NIce, the camera update helped my MAXX, but hopefully Kit Kat will make it look even better.
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5612; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Only question is when - as in when does KK drop for the Droids (in particular, the Maxx)?
10. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I know I am dying to get mine!!! My fiance got her on the X and I am so jealous.
2. DaNTRoN (Posts: 135; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I've found photo quality on my N4 got better after KK. I took identical pictures within thirty minutes, only difference is os. In good light, mid light and no light plus flash all images came out slightly better. I asked a few people to compare and confirm this. All agreed that the photos taken after are better, with out knowing I up dated.
6. Razzu (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Nov 2013)
Would you mind posting some samples? before and after?
9. Razzu (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Nov 2013)
I really hope you don't forget, I really want to see the improvements to the image quality, it is a decising factor in buying the phone for me.
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5559; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm sure Sprint Moto X owners will have a break before the end of the month.
11. SupermanayrB (Posts: 151; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I've noticed the difference in the camera since breaking of a piece of Kit Kat. Low light images have definitely improved.