Motorola Mobility loses again in German court and faces another injunction
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2012, 10:56 posted on
Motorola Mobility, and by extension Google, has just lost a ruling in Munich I Regional Court to Microsoft; Presiding Judge Dr. Peter Guntz ruled that the Android OS infringes on a European version of a patent that Microsoft is suing Motorola for allegedly infringing in the states,,,
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. medicci37 (Posts: 614; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Then u hate MS. because they made billions from stealing Ideas from others.
8. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3310; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Android isn't entirely original since it borrowed ideas from Linux and Java.
9. antmiu2 (Posts: 197; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
are you retarded? android is based on linux/java
14. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Yep, Mxyz is retarded. Always commenting on crap he doesn't know.
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3942; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I would hope it borrowed some ideas from Linux, since it is Linux based... And what is your argument about iOS getting more and more like Android every year?
16. willard12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Does that include companies that infringe on LTE patents?
2. Veigald (Posts: 230; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Every other android manufacturer besides Motorola licensed the technology? Pretty bad signal to send from Google, Motorola's owner.
4. Ravail (Posts: 181; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
I'm getting sick of these patent lawsuits... Everyone needs to quit trolling and just out-innovate the other.. Only then can the customer win.
6. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 240; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Microsoft owns a lot patents. Microsoft will most likely end up licensing the stuff out to Google.
5. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Good for Motorola, because they wanted to banned the Xbox 360. Which was not mentioned in this article.
10. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
But wasn't that in response of Microsoft's attempt to sue every Android manufacture? I thought this was preemptive strike to defend against the lawsuit that was coming.
13. Cacharoes (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
From what I read Motorola was Advised to try and ban the Xbox 360, not actually tried to.
12. MartyK (Posts: 697; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Oh well, if I was Google I would let Motorola be a testing ground company any ways, because they brought the company for the patents (to force others to pay a fee).
Google Ban the XBox 360 and Xbox 720..
Microsoft will lose the Gaming Market to Sony and PS3..which will hurt them more :)