Motorola Mobility drops ITC patent claim against Apple
0. phoneArena posted on 02 Oct 2012, 17:25
Motorola Mobility has dropped a patent claim against Apple with the U.S. International Trade Commission, although the wholly owned Google subsidiary retains the right to refile the claim at another date in the future; Motorola Mobility could have a few strategic reasons for its action...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Non_Sequitur posted on 02 Oct 2012, 17:26 0 2
Good. Less patent BS, more innovation.
Let's hope Apple does the same...
4. MATOZ posted on 02 Oct 2012, 17:43 5 0
Never gonna happen my friend...
Indeed, Their minds are blinded
Pray for a miracle, if you believe in... whatever!
5. PhenomFaz posted on 02 Oct 2012, 17:43 1 0
Take a cue Apple and if you still cant get it, well then Sammy, Moto and the team is always there to put you in your place!
29. PhenomFaz posted on 03 Oct 2012, 04:07 0 0
Exactly :) Sammy did replace Apple with the highest sales in smartphones and Apple responded by launcing an unfinished iPhone and iOS!
22. neutralguy posted on 02 Oct 2012, 21:52 0 0
Moto has really some bad luck when it comes to court hearings.
27. anywherehome posted on 03 Oct 2012, 00:13 0 0
what is good? that Apple can do it and no one else can???
r*tten, greedy Apple very probably pays to all the judges....
2. Mxyzptlk posted on 02 Oct 2012, 17:36 1 13
Well they probably wouldn't have gotten far on patents that are fair and reasonable.
6. Non_Sequitur posted on 02 Oct 2012, 17:45 4 1
Maybe you're right, I don't know.
All I know is that I want these stupid patent wars to stop.
8. joey_sfb posted on 02 Oct 2012, 17:54 2 0
lawsuits bring zero value to the consumer, hope to see less of it.
9. PhoneArenaUser posted on 02 Oct 2012, 18:04 2 0
"Well they probably wouldn't have gotten far on patents that are fair and reasonable."
I also don't think that Apple's "rounded corners" patent was "reasonable".
10. Sniggly posted on 02 Oct 2012, 18:05 3 0
Except the chapter of using FRAND patents is pretty much behind them.
You can keep living in the world as of several months ago though.
3. gallitoking posted on 02 Oct 2012, 17:41 2 15
good move by Moto.. they need to stop the Bs lawsuits and concentrate and putting a product that consumers can enjoy and not milk the RAZR brand..
11. Sniggly posted on 02 Oct 2012, 18:06 4 0
I don't mind them milking the RAZR branding as long as the phones are still awesome, which they have been thus far.
14. Mxyzptlk posted on 02 Oct 2012, 19:30 2 8
Until they pull another stunt like they did with the Atrix phones and not update them.
Awesome probably isn't a word I would use.
25. networkdood posted on 02 Oct 2012, 22:38 1 0
they are updated...even the atrix 4G received an update as well as the Droid RAZR..either way, who cares...go to XDA and grab the update there.
19. InspectorGadget80 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 20:17 0 0
DUMB MOVE BY Apple for NOT DROPPING the LAW SUIT against Samsung
24. networkdood posted on 02 Oct 2012, 22:37 1 0
lol, G-King talking about B.S. lawsuits in reference to Moto...perhaps, he should look at his true love - APPLE
26. gallitoking posted on 02 Oct 2012, 22:47 0 2
that makes me an expert and I call it as i see it
7. 305Bucko posted on 02 Oct 2012, 17:45 1 0
Great story... Butchered edit.
Please proof read before posting.
12. techguy22 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 18:24 9 0
they werent gonna win anyway.
Apple got the US government locked up.
shame to be an american :(
17. TROLL posted on 02 Oct 2012, 19:50 1 0
i was thinking the same to! Was just about to write that. I agree+1 from me.
13. theBankRobber posted on 02 Oct 2012, 19:27 2 0
Its all about the Google and Apple talks for the past few months. I think there are both coming to an agreement and will leave the courts out of it.
18. InspectorGadget80 posted on 02 Oct 2012, 20:10 1 1
If Motorola can drop a lawsuit can so the BIG GREEDY FRUIT
28. xfire99 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 00:35 0 0
Just beginning of the neverending paten war. Apple started roll the ball and now will get attacked from all sides. Moto/Google, HTC, Samsung, Kodak and later more will join to attack Apple. Alot of Davids vs Goliath.
But its gonna be very hard to win a battle vs Apple in US soil, since they are protected by that corrupted land and they will protect US trademark. There are sure alot of money involved with Apple stocks and those behind it wont see Apple fall. There are no way, Apple stocks can get so high without rich/powerful peoples behind it and Im sure the US goverment are involved too.
Apple get all the benefits, patents first given is already a proof and everything to keep Apple stocks high up.