Motorola Droid coming to Best Buy on 24 October?
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Oct 2009, 08:02
Pictures of internal documents reveal that a handset with pretty much the same specs like the Motorola Droid is to be released on 24 October by BestBuy…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rjt185 posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:44 0
At $599.99 my New Every Two discount that kicks-in October 29th won't even scratch the taxes & fees for this puppy. **FAIL**
10. hmcougar09 posted on 22 Oct 2009, 10:35 0
Too bad they won't price it that much, you FAIL!
15. MR521 posted on 22 Oct 2009, 11:23 0
im sure thats only if u want it without contract. Notice that there is no 2 yr. contract price?
3. jdfrye04 posted on 22 Oct 2009, 08:52 0
As a former Best Buy Mobile employee I would like to you know that the in-stock date doesn't mean we will necessarily have the product by that date. Plus the product still has a code name in the system so that really doesn't mean anything unfortunately.
4. Sethdras posted on 22 Oct 2009, 08:52 0
$599.99? thats way too high even for the newest best thing, i mean the iphone was cheaper!
7. bono30 posted on 22 Oct 2009, 09:19 0
Are you serious people, that is not the price for the phone on contract. That is what the full retail price is if you don't buy it on contract. It will probably be around 199. I believe the iphone for full retail price is more expensive too.
9. ssjassassin posted on 22 Oct 2009, 10:01 0
I was happy to see that one person chose to think before they speak. Bono30, thanks for restoring the small amount of faith in humanity that I felt i was loosing.
14. shimmyx20 posted on 22 Oct 2009, 10:55 0
It looks like it will definitely be worth the wait. The Imagio is a great phone, but you'll be happy you waited for the Droid.
25. Kiltlifter posted on 22 Oct 2009, 23:54 0
no not necessarily... what are you looking for in a phone? Do you have an exchange activesync server and do you plan on viewing, editinga nd creating microsoft office documents on your phone? Do you have an Live/Hotmail/MSN account? if you do get the imagio! But If you want a phone that has an awesome internet browser, easily customized, and syncs perfectly with your gmail account, get the Droid!
8. rehnhart posted on 22 Oct 2009, 09:19 0
So, is the $599 price for non-contract? If so, thats about average and I will probably do that since I can't upgrade until June 2010.
19. narley posted on 22 Oct 2009, 12:32 0
HA HA HA awesome... all this debate and its right in the article. kudos.
16. C_H posted on 22 Oct 2009, 11:48 0
It'll be out in a couple weeks, wait it out for the Droid
18. jet4life posted on 22 Oct 2009, 11:54 0
I have tried the Imagio. It is WinMo junk. Slow, slow slow......
20. JC_Agga posted on 22 Oct 2009, 15:57 0
musthavedroid, you are annoying. you ask that questoni everywhere i go that has to do with droid. seriously, get a life.
22. musthavdroid posted on 22 Oct 2009, 17:27 0
(((((some advice plz))))) . should i wait for the droid or upgrade to the imagio now???
17. jet4life posted on 22 Oct 2009, 11:53 0
This speculation is garbage. Yesterday at 3 of the Best Buy stores in Houston TX all of the verizon phones had been pulled. The rep stated " we no longer carry verizon phones or offer their wireless services". Not one, not two, but 3 best buy stores!!!! What gives PhoneArena??
23. VZWfangirl posted on 22 Oct 2009, 17:45 0
Congratulations, the majority of you on here cannot read. Does $599 even sound like a price on contract?