Motorola Droid coming to Best Buy on 24 October?
This article contains unofficial information.
Motorola Droid A855 Preliminary Specifications
Thanks to our anonymous tipster!
1. rjt185 (Posts: 257; Member since: 11 Jun 2009)
At $599.99 my New Every Two discount that kicks-in October 29th won't even scratch the taxes & fees for this puppy. **FAIL**
10. hmcougar09 (Posts: 137; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Too bad they won't price it that much, you FAIL!
15. MR521 (Posts: 47; Member since: 12 Jun 2009)
im sure thats only if u want it without contract. Notice that there is no 2 yr. contract price?
3. jdfrye04 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Oct 2009)
As a former Best Buy Mobile employee I would like to you know that the in-stock date doesn't mean we will necessarily have the product by that date. Plus the product still has a code name in the system so that really doesn't mean anything unfortunately.
4. Sethdras (Posts: 61; Member since: 22 Jul 2009)
$599.99? thats way too high even for the newest best thing, i mean the iphone was cheaper!
7. bono30 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Aug 2009)
Are you serious people, that is not the price for the phone on contract. That is what the full retail price is if you don't buy it on contract. It will probably be around 199. I believe the iphone for full retail price is more expensive too.
9. ssjassassin (Posts: 108; Member since: 31 Aug 2009)
I was happy to see that one person chose to think before they speak. Bono30, thanks for restoring the small amount of faith in humanity that I felt i was loosing.
14. shimmyx20 (Posts: 280; Member since: 03 Mar 2009)
It looks like it will definitely be worth the wait. The Imagio is a great phone, but you'll be happy you waited for the Droid.
25. Kiltlifter (Posts: 742; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
no not necessarily... what are you looking for in a phone? Do you have an exchange activesync server and do you plan on viewing, editinga nd creating microsoft office documents on your phone? Do you have an Live/Hotmail/MSN account? if you do get the imagio! But If you want a phone that has an awesome internet browser, easily customized, and syncs perfectly with your gmail account, get the Droid!
8. rehnhart (Posts: 103; Member since: 27 Mar 2009)
So, is the $599 price for non-contract? If so, thats about average and I will probably do that since I can't upgrade until June 2010.
19. narley (Posts: 357; Member since: 14 May 2009)
HA HA HA awesome... all this debate and its right in the article. kudos.
16. C_H (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Oct 2009)
It'll be out in a couple weeks, wait it out for the Droid
18. jet4life (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Oct 2009)
I have tried the Imagio. It is WinMo junk. Slow, slow slow......
20. JC_Agga (Posts: 36; Member since: 24 Aug 2009)
musthavedroid, you are annoying. you ask that questoni everywhere i go that has to do with droid. seriously, get a life.
22. musthavdroid (Posts: 67; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
(((((some advice plz))))) . should i wait for the droid or upgrade to the imagio now???
17. jet4life (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Oct 2009)
This speculation is garbage. Yesterday at 3 of the Best Buy stores in Houston TX all of the verizon phones had been pulled. The rep stated " we no longer carry verizon phones or offer their wireless services". Not one, not two, but 3 best buy stores!!!! What gives PhoneArena??
23. VZWfangirl (Posts: 71; Member since: 25 Jul 2009)
Congratulations, the majority of you on here cannot read. Does $599 even sound like a price on contract?