Motorola Droid Ultra goes official: thinner, more durable
0. phoneArena 23 Jul 2013, 11:18 posted on
The Motorola DROID Ultra has just arrived on Verizon Wireless and it is all about performance in an ‘ultra’ slim form factor…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5634; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
it's because of Verizon so blame them. X phone is prettier than Verizon version
2. Birds (Posts: 927; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I'm a bit dissapointed with the F2.4 stoppage..... Oh well, I'll just wait till camera samples come about.
3. smallworld (Posts: 371; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
But I'm curious to see this new octo-core processor.
11. smallworld (Posts: 371; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
There wasn't this precision on the Droid Maxx article.
8. fanboy1974 (Posts: 995; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
It's too early to tell but all Motorola is doing is adding up CPU ,GPU and 2 other cores just to say it has 8 cores. That's like calling my Note 2 a 8 core chip (4 core CPU+4 core GPU). And I'm reading that the ultra and Maxx still have 720p displays; not full 1080p. If this true heads should roll at Motorola. I'm so surprisd that spec's are still not concrete.
4. pwnarena (Posts: 709; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
It seems it's also waterproof. nanocoating mentioned on their website.
7. Commentator (Posts: 2178; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That's as cheap as any flagship on a two-year contract ever.
9. Os_Money (Posts: 19; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
not an android hater or even Motorola hater, but there are like 8-9 things on the front page about them and they're basically all the same content....
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5482; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
has anyone noticed how the icons look subtly more minimal and squared off versus the stock Android ones? i like it. i don't like the new look of the Circles widget though...
as far as if i want any of these. if it's true that the Moto X will start at $299 i don't think i'll want to pay twice as much (MAXX is confirmed to be $599 off contract) for the MAXX. i may consider the Ultra but i'll have to see it first and learn what it's off contract price is.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5482; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
*EDIT* actually the MAXX is $699 and the Ultra is $599.
fudat, i'll probably get a Moto X to begin with and then get a MAXX off of craigslist or something later if i decide i must have one.
14. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
You could say what you want, but that phone is really sexy. Except the Power and volume buttons, though.
16. Dj_Yawar (Posts: 24; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
This phone can record videos at 60 fps... that's awesome.. Wow the first phone with this fps recording capability
17. great (Posts: 39; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
once again verizon xclusive !........i wish these phones were sold unlocked
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5482; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
come back to the site on the 1st m8...
20. vananucho (Posts: 38; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
The Actual DROID lineup (All Motorolas since 1st gen Razr, DNA) and the Iphone 5 from verizon all come GSM unlocked.
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5482; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the DNA isn't even a Motorola...
24. vananucho (Posts: 38; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Verizon sells the DNA as a "Droid" phone, the Droid branding has nothing to do with the phone manufacturer itself until now, that Motorola and Verizon signed exclusivity for Droid phones. Verizon has had HTC "Droids" (Incredible, Eris, Incredible 2, etc.).
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5482; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i know that. the way you worded "All Motorolas since 1st gen Razr, DNA" sounds like you were grouping it with the Motos.
19. vananucho (Posts: 38; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
Meh, I was expecting a real game-changer from Motorola, but this is 2011-12 average at its most, guess I'm going to stick with the HTC One...
21. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Still baffled as to why people are calling an Adreno 320 GPU and 2 GB RAM (identical to the Nexus 4) "2011...average". But I guess there will never be any pleasing the spec fiends.
25. vananucho (Posts: 38; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
CPU and GPU wise, specs are Q2/Q3 2012 at its most (Thats why I also specified 12' in my past comment) Screen resolution is Q3 2011. For the price tag, they should have gone with S4 Pro Quad or S600 for it's "Homebrew" CPU thing and a 1080p display panel. Specs could be OK if we where talking about a 5'' mid/high-ranger, but NO, this things have a Flagship price tag and not-so flagship specs!
23. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
They shoulda kept the bigger battery from the Razr HD! I really do not need the Maxx's giant battery for that extra $100, i'm fine with the slightly awkward solution of an external battery pack, not like i'd use it much with 2530mah...
Well I still got at least 7 months before my next and last subsidized upgrade, guess we'll see how the battery life stacks up.
I'm slightly dissapointed by the lack of SD card storage too, but then after the SD card in my Bionic corrupted TWICE I just ditched it and haven't really needed more than the 16g onboard surprisingly so I can roll with that one.