Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX getting Jelly Bean pushed by Verizon now
Wait no more, grab your device and go to Settings>>About Phone>>System Upates and see if you can pull the update. If you are not able to, wait a little while before you try again. You might also receive a notification pushed to you.
From the looks of things, Motorola (Google) has removed almost all the Motorola related bloatware allowing users to enjoy Android in a near-stock environment. Motorola had been paring back the old “Moto” themed user experience for a while now, so this move is not too unexpected. If you are running Android 4.0 ICS, expect the download file to be about 338MB.
The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean rollout began in phases a couple days ago, but not everyone has been getting the notification. RAZR and RAZR MAXX owners should be able to query and “pull” the update manually.
source: Droid Life
Droid RAZR Jelly Bean update
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
pretty soon we'll all be getting stock 4.2 builds. ;)
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Bro i soo hope that phone comes out asap! 4 inch 720 p android 4.2 and a 2000 mAh battery!? Bring it on
Finnally, someone is making a 4 inch HD quadcore phone!
18. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4015; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Pretty soon as in half a year to a year later?
2. wumberpeb (Posts: 443; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Those poor saps were still stuck on ICS all this time? Goodness, Verizon makes their customers suffer for software updates...
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the One X just recently got JB and it was HTC's 2012 Flagship device. this was Motorola's last 2011 Flagship...
14. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Hey were you able to update and keep root?
If so, how?
23. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i don't have the Razr anymore. right now i'm back and forth between the DNA and the MAXX HD.
you should be able to keep root with OTA Rootkeeper though. o:
28. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4103; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The international One X got it back in November. I don't know what AT&T was doing, delaying an update for 4 months? That's ridiculous. 1-2 months, sure, but not 4.
Anyways, Motorola is in a good position for doing this, considering the U.S GS2 variants haven't gotten their 4.1 updates yet. It's not every day you can beat Samsung to the punch with updates.
17. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4015; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
In this case, I wouldn't pin it all on Verizon.
3. Sniggly (Posts: 7177; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Now hopefully a certain someone on here will shut the F.UCK up about Motorola continuing to not follow through on promises.
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4015; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Hopefully a certain someone will get over themselves and stop being so dramatic. Jellybean is six months old now.
5. BattleBrat (Posts: 1147; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
"Check for update is not available at this time, please try again later" SON OF A!!!
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
i hope moto updates my photon q to jellybean soon :(
10. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Motorola said by the end of last year and thanks to Verizon it was delayed until now. Verizon really sucks at pushing updates to their phones.
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What great news for Moto users, JB™
12. Twashbush (Posts: 47; Member since: 08 Jun 2011)
Has anyone tested to see if foxfi or the new PDAnet/foxfi works post update now? i was one of the few that got the early update on my razr maxx which caused said apps tethering functions to not work. and if this update does again cause them to not work i don't want the update( aka will wait for Moto X, and see if my tethering works on it ).
13. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Pulled mine and installed it a little after lunch yesterday. I don't know how I feel about it yet. It added some stuff and took away some stuff. I personally love the integration of Motocast into Moto music player. I found the Moto gallery 100x better then the stock Android one that we now have. I do find the phone runs smoother. The Moto music player was also a lot more feature rich then Play Music. I was able to play internet radio with it, and it's scroll lyrics as I played the song just seem cool to me. I think Google should have adapted Moto music/gallery into their stock android apps. I find my phone runs hot now and it seems I'm getting a little bit less of a connection then when I was on ICS. So, after being excited about getting JB update...I feel a little let down now. I have not be able to use Google Now to it full extent yet, but it seem to work well...I prefer how the old voice action would just pop up and was ready to listen when I used to hold down the search key, now , I hold down the search key, then have to press the mic in the search field. It does understand me a lot better thou. So, I don't know if I consider this an "upgrade". More like they just swap some features out for some other ones. It might grow on me as I use it thou. Think I will roll with it for some weeks then look into rooting and flashing a JB rom onto it.
22. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
I didn't use the stock Gallery on ICS because it didn't order my folders in alphabetical order. Drove me nuts. I use QuickPic, lot better
19. Beholder88 (Posts: 81; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Way to go phonearena. I only sent in a pic of my RAZR updating a WEEK ago... Guess that' not reliable unless it comes right from Verizon.
20. networkdood (Posts: 6309; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have been happy with JellyCore on my RAZR, for the last few months...
21. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Mine downloaded and installed at dinner last night - so far I like it, transitions smoother, theme is nicer - I'm just hoping that the battery life kicks ass on this version. My MAXX's battery has pretty much sucked since ICS was rolled out. Would be nice to get a day and a half out of this puppy. Also looking forward to playing with Google Now.
24. music_man185 (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I have a razr maxx (non droid, non verizon). What do you mean we should be able to "query and pull the update manually"? Do you mean download the file ourselves and side load it?
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
no, they mean just prompting it manually and even if you could side load it you couldn't use it on your international Razr MAXX.
26. music_man185 (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I don't think I have an international version. It's just a non verizon model sold through my local carrier. (cdma)
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this update still isn't for you. it's only for the Droid Razr/MAXX.
29. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Yea, this update is being pushed by Verizon to thier Droid Razr/Maxx. Your local carrier would have to push the update to you.
30. dragonstkdgirl (Posts: 144; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Only bad thing I've noticed so far: If you have note widgets in use, BACK UP YOUR TEXT!
JB doesn't have this feature, I lost pages of information, I used the widget as sort of a catch-all note taker. Didn't notice this till a day later when I went to use it and everything is gone.
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5633; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you should use Evernote. extremely useful note keeping app. o: