Motorola Droid RAZR HD vs Samsung Galaxy S III vs Droid RAZR MAXX HD vs Droid RAZR M: spec comparison
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:21
The Motorola Droid RAZR HD has just arrived with a splash and it's the monster Android phone that everyone expected it'd be featuring a large high-res Super AMOLED display and a long-lasting battery...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
7. The_Innovation posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:41 13 8
Specs wise SIII is King. But the real King right now is the LG Optimus G.
Quad Core Snapdragon S4
1500 MHz Krait, Adreno 320
13 MP camera
Non cheap glass back and front
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:43 8 6
dude the xperia line up beats the S3 in bench marks and they are dual core......so shut up with that....and yea the LG is gonna be King of all of them but im still going with the Xperia V hands down..
12. The_Innovation posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:51 1 2
I'm thinking of getting Sony myself. I'm debating between that LG or the Sony. The only thing that seems like will suck on the Sony is the battery.
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:54 1 2
not gonna say "suck" but yes they are not as beefy as these phones..... suck? naaa i doubt it....Also if you are really worrying about battery then get the TX because it has a removable battery! Sony FTW!
15. The_Innovation posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:58 0 0
Yea but if I remove it I'll only have to replace it with the same battery right? Same problem.
17. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:09 0 2
noo you can replace it with a LARGER battery wat are you talking about??
16. The_Innovation posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:59 0 0
Also do you mean the GX?
18. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:10 0 1
and no i mean the "TX" not the GX.... :)
36. The_Innovation posted on 05 Sep 2012, 18:39 0 0
I can't find a Xperia TX.
37. The_Innovation posted on 05 Sep 2012, 18:44 0 1
So I saw its benchmark scores. Pretty impressive. But when would it come out? And will it be available for AT&T?
22. TROLL posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:21 0 1
43. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 06 Sep 2012, 04:50 0 0
I find funny that last year for Sony fanboys benchmarks didn't mean anything, now the xperia line beats the S3? Just because you've seen benchmarks that aren't multi-threaded doesn't mean the Xperias are better, Lets see when the Antutu results come out. Have a nice day.
9. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:47 4 4
how is the SIII king here? xD
11. The_Innovation posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:50 2 1
Just according to technicalities.
19. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:12 0 1
23. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:27 3 5
More RAM, probably better camera. Thats basically it.
24. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:37 5 3
basically, vs. a much larger battery, Motorola build quality and radios, a nearly stock OS and the screen "technically" has a higher pixel density.
28. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:50 1 0
My point exactly. Seems like a pretty nice trade... lol
27. HäckeMáte posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:50 2 2
you know, Im gonna have to just trust that Moto engineers have their reasons for going with 1GB.
Sometimes specs can be used as a marketing gimmick.
29. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:51 2 1
I think because Motorola's skin doesn't really use up all that much memory, not nearly as much as TouchWiz. So, even though the GS3 has more RAM, the Razr series can probably be supported for as long as the GS3 can be.
31. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:55 1 0
especially since Motorola seems to be lightening up their UI with each update instead of the other way around like Samsung. Engadget had their hands on a MAXX HD w/ Jelly Bean and it has the stock Google on-screen navigation keys.
33. HäckeMáte posted on 05 Sep 2012, 17:01 0 0
I think you nailed it with the UI comment. Touchwiz certainly has a TON of features, but no doubt it takes a toll on RAM. Im all for a lighter UI. The closer to stock Android the better.
I still think the 2GB is overkill for todays technology. I really think they did it for marketing not because it was needed.
6. Berzerk000 posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:40 4 1
How exactly? The only thing the S3 has over the Razr HD is RAM. Camera too probably, but we haven't seen any samples from the Razr HD. And, the Razr has a bigger battery than the S3, and the UI is more close to stock than TouchWiz, so I'll take that any day...
That's seems like a fair trade; Camera and RAM for a stock-like UI and better battery life, and arguably better build quality. To each his own I suppose
10. HäckeMáte posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:50 1 2
not to mention the RAZRs are waterproof and TouchJiz repellant.
21. TROLL posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:20 0 1
All of the Motorola ranges are really let downed by 1GB Ram,
or else nice phones! but i still like the S3, even tho the really
ugly design, but the Exynos chips gave it away.
34. lsutigers posted on 05 Sep 2012, 17:57 1 1
Owning both the GS3 and HTC EVO 4G LTE, and with HTC's latest update, IMO the EVO / One X is king of currently available phones. Except for maybe the RAZR HD MAXX with that massive battery. I'll definitely be checking out these Motorola Droids though, they look great.
38. jroc74 posted on 05 Sep 2012, 20:58 0 0
By 1Gig of ram......and .6 extra MP for the Front cam. Its a narrow victory.
39. 305Bucko posted on 05 Sep 2012, 21:46 0 1
How bout factoring in: waterproofing, better radios, kevlar& aluminum (as opposed to flimsy plastics), bigger/better battery... The victory you speak of quickly turns into sudden death when all aspects are taken into account
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:33 2 2
The razr m is 4.3 inches and has a 2000 mAh battery! wow now that is really rare...
25. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:39 1 1
yeah, it just goes to show what genius engineers Motorola has. this is just 100mAh shy of being the same size battery that's in the ginormous SIII.
14. itreday posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:56 5 1
Motorola outdid themselves this time. I'm an iPhone guy but the droid razr m is one phone that makes me think about going back to android. 4.3 inches is the perfect size screen for me, not to mention its not much bigger then then the iPhone. And the build quality is excellent.
20. HäckeMáte posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:19 4 0
finally an unbiased opinion. I commend you on your reasonably down to earth comment.
26. Klamba92 posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:49 0 0
I have a SGS3 absolutely love it, but i got to hand it to Motorola and Google with the 3 RAZR's with amazing batteries and specs that are pretty much even in all devices,even the RAZR M which has an almost edge to edge display 4.3" with the same form as
30. HäckeMáte posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:55 0 0
Even except for a few factors: Motorola's build quality, Waterproofing and their promise to provide quick updates (and if they dont; $100 off a newer model)
Lets not forget Motorola phones have arguably the best radios for best reception.
^that tips the scale for me^
32. KingKurogiii posted on 05 Sep 2012, 16:59 0 0
i'll bet that if Google and Motorola find themselves not meeting their time frame that they'll just start pushing Vanilla Builds from then on.
35. willywill_evo posted on 05 Sep 2012, 18:01 1 3
The S3 will be King for a while thanks to all the hard xda developers
40. onggeo posted on 05 Sep 2012, 22:52 0 0
The Razr M looks very tempting. Hope the price for the international version wouldn't be too high.
41. Nookie4u posted on 06 Sep 2012, 00:00 1 1
I'd choose RAZR MAXX HD thank you very much. Specs aren't everything here.
42. DOGIEFRESH posted on 06 Sep 2012, 01:28 0 1
Samsung is easy to do bussiness without copy, look what Motorola and Nokia has done..........yes you can........!!!!!!
44. spinz posted on 06 Sep 2012, 11:39 1 0
I would pick the gs3 cause I don't like onscreen buttons on the razr.
45. Klamba92 posted on 06 Sep 2012, 18:07 0 0
Why do people dislike or hate on screen soft keys? I think they are great mainly because you actually get more screen real estate when watching videos and viewing pictures, then with a phone with buttons as they disappear unlike the physical buttons. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, i just wanted to know why people have a problem with on screen soft keys?
48. AndroidFreud posted on 11 Oct 2012, 01:29 0 0
I'm not a big fan of the soft keys cos there have been SO many occasions on my Desire HD, Galaxy S2 and S3 when the phone sort of hung while using some random thrid party app or something or the other was going on with and the screen was unresponsive and the good old hard key for the Home button would get me out of it in a second, if all else fails!
Has happened on so many occasions!
49. AndroidFreud posted on 11 Oct 2012, 01:32 0 0
Does anyone have any inside information if the Razr Maxx HD will have an international unlocked version available?
I saw early reports at the time of release that it was exclusive to Verizon and I think Rogers as well. But later on in the year, I kept seeing info that there would be an international unlocked version available somewhere around 500-600 USD? Is there any truth in this?
I'm not asking about the price - just want to know if an international version will be coming out or not so I can decide if I should wait for it or not bother.