Motorola Droid 4 is codenamed Maserati, to feature LTE and full QWERTY keyboard
0. phoneArena 28 Sep 2011, 03:32 posted on
Most of you probably could already guess that a Motorola Droid 4 is coming sometime in the future, but little was known about what the actual device would be. Now, prototypes seem to be floating…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
Blur is long gone right? and I hope better battery life.
12. jogutier (Posts: 324; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
I hope the screen size is bigger than 3.7.
13. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Um, I doubt they would make it smaller than the Droid 3.
20. wakingup (Posts: 51; Member since: 13 Aug 2011)
As long as it runs ICS (4.0) then motoblur would just be something extra. It would not be detrimental to the phone had it come with motoblur. (more widgets), and most probably if it came with motoblur on ICS, then would motoblur be custom for ICS? This made just for ICS.
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3101; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The name is, sure but the skin remains. It has improved a lot but I still want stock or ics
5. Goldeneye (Posts: 418; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
That's why I want the Prime, because besides Sense no other skin is worth having it IMO, not even Touch Wiz
6. Big B 33 (unregistered)
I was gonna get the Bionic but decided to wait to see what the Droid HD (which is probably the Droid RAZR) will look like. I work for Sprint & have the Epic & the Super AMOLED display is amazing! The Droid RAZR is said to have a qHD Super AMOLED so I'll be saving my upgrade for that.
7. snowgator (Posts: 3515; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Be really, really interested to see if they get a keyboard, dual core, and a 4" screen on a LTE capable device and make it all work. I will have upgraded in November or December, long before this guy sees the light of day. If Verizon doesn't get a better Windows Phone option, the Droid 3 is still high on my list. Have decided if the screen is smaller than 4.3", I want a keyboard. I will not get an Android without dual core due to the ICS update. LTE is not availble to me. But if this guy had all three, I would be up on grabbing it. The Vigor (or HTC Droid Incredible HD, or whatever) is the leader in the Verizon clubhouse for me right now, though.
8. superguy (Posts: 283; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
That's encouraging that it appears Moto got the message about PenTile screens sucking. I wish they would have figured that out for the Bionic.
9. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yeah, but if the leaks about the RAZR are true, they're trading Pentile RGBW LCD screens (D3, X2, Bionic) for Pentile RGBG SAMOLED. They're still looking to take advantage of the power savings of Pentile, just switching suppliers and technologies.
I've seen a lot more complaints about Moto's PenTile qHD screens than Samsung's Galaxy S screens, so if it's true I say Moto is moving in the right direction.
10. dariuslamonte' (unregistered)
11. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
this'll probably be my next phone if i decide to stick with Android.
14. cthunder (Posts: 105; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
This will be my next phone. My upgrade is available in the middle of Nov. And I was already planning on getting the Droid 3. I guess I can stick with my OG Droid for a few months longer.
16. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it'll probably be more than a few months, i'd say this thing will come out late Spring.
15. Jerry209 (Posts: 42; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
Was about to get the Droid 3 but I think ill wait D2 is still taking care of business
18. asdasfasfas (unregistered)
They should just call this the Droid 3.1
It's not even a big update, it's like saying the US version of the GS2 is actually the GS3.
19. jayallan (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
I'm excited about the droid4: I've got the D2 now. Its OK but I feel the 4 will will retake the lead, the 3 really sucked, I wondered why it was released. The 4 should be the most powerful, even out doing the bionic. Come on Motorola!