Motorola DVX to come with 4.5" screen, dual SIM support and $250 full retail price?
0. phoneArena 08 Oct 2013, 04:24 posted on
The Motorola DVX, an affordable handset that looks much like the Moto X, will feature a 4.5” display and cost merely $250 off contract…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1893; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
as for the holidays around the corner,.. i'd buy one for a christmas gift..
2. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I think this is for Non-nexus markets.
Otherwise why would anyone buy this when you can get way better phone for $300-$350?
4. boosook (Posts: 1395; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Expect a higher price than the nexus 4 for the new nexus 5... it already happened with the nexus 7, and Google cannot continue subsidizing phones and tablets forever...
Also, many people could be perfectly OK with this DVX, it still has features that the nexus does not have (like the always-on speech recognition) and will be silghtly cheaper. A good Motorola phone for eur 200-250 could sell very well in Europe, too, and could mark the return of Motorola to Europe.
5. NexusPhan (Posts: 600; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Cost of the Nexus 4 was estimated at $139. So even at the discounted $199 someone was still making money. At the original $299 price they were at over 50% profit margins on the Nexus 4!!
If they can make an LTE 7" high resolution tablet with 32GB of memory for $350, I would certainly think they can make a phone for $350 and still make money. The screen is, after all, the most expensive part of a phone or tablet.
10. boosook (Posts: 1395; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I don't understand why every time a new phone comes out there's someone who calculates its cost merely by summing up the cost of the components: there are other costs, like software devolpement, marketing, design, thousands of employees to pay (software developers, engineers, customer support...), and so on which contribute to the cost of the final product maybe even more than the cost of its parts.
12. zeropants (Posts: 29; Member since: 31 May 2012)
That is always overlooked. The cost of one device's hardware doesn't cover the cost of creation, development, marketing, employees, and facilities.
15. NexusPhan (Posts: 600; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Business 101. Those aren't included margin calculations. Those are a part of SGA and are completely separate.
17. NexusPhan (Posts: 600; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Because that how it works in the finance world. Take your argument to FASB.
19. Diazene (Posts: 129; Member since: 01 May 2013)
because for nexus phones, google uses stock android, which is free, they don't really market them, design is usually done by another company...
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3690; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sell Moto X for $200 and $250 off contract with dual SIM version instead of Moto DVX.
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3690; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I mean to say, sell Moto X (including Dual SIM option) with the same price of DVX.
9. NexusPhan (Posts: 600; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Oh. Ha. Not a chance you'll see anything like that. They like their 300% profit margins too much to do that. It's too bad we let the industry get away with this.
11. kanagadeepan (Posts: 863; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I Doubt that... BigRed already have MotoX, DroidUltra, DroidMini, DroidMAXX all with almost same functionality (core x8 computing, 2 dedicated cores for natural lang processing, always listening Google Now, sensors esp for camera activations, etc..)
14. bnick25 (Posts: 38; Member since: 05 May 2013)
Dual sim phones are mostly always bound asia area
16. Sadman_Hossain (Posts: 18; Member since: 01 Oct 2013)
If the price range is such, count me in. I'd be eager to give this phone a go, as long as it has decent hardware specs.
18. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Expandable memory + removable battery is where its at! If HTC made phones like this they wouldn't have reported a $101.3 million Q3 loss...Not a bad price for this user friendly phone...