Motorola DROID software update page is posted by Verizon (new video)
0. phoneArena 07 Dec 2009, 16:00 posted on
The Motorola DROID will be updated with new software (ESD56) to fix several issues, but it isn't out just yet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. BrokenImaege (Posts: 173; Member since: 27 Jul 2009)
Some Droid users will get it before others starting tomorrow. Then by the 12th, all user will have it. It is going to push out slowly to not slow the network down or the google servers pushing it. Just a heads up
2. dave412_4 (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Dec 2009)
I seems that on androidforums.com some motorola droid owners are already receiving the update.
3. deschats (Posts: 193; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
is the unlock screen a slide screen still?
11. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
hahaha lol. that's the funniest thing you've ever said.
17. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
Yeah why, well my wife has one that we both share
19. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
ohhhh jw, are you a fan of verizon on there?
27. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
are you apart of the whole 15 fans for phonearena?
30. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
go on fb, search phonearena and become a fan of it. :-)
8. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
i wonder how verizon is going about picking droids for the update
9. johnolesen (Posts: 20; Member since: 17 Oct 2009)
it starts today (12-7) and will go out to users. then slowly trickle out by 200,000 users per 24 hours...
10. anberlin (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
I can't wait. Hopefully this improves battery life.
13. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
everyone with a android should check out the forums at droidforums.net
20. Trobes05 (Posts: 106; Member since: 01 Aug 2009)
I just checked it out and found out about Home++. It's a free theme app in its beta stage but it is really nice. It is supposed to have themes for download in the future but Home screen is cool and gives you 4 pages instead of three.
23. Trobes05 (Posts: 106; Member since: 01 Aug 2009)
make sure you download the update after the first download. I dont know why i had too but it fixes some force close problems I had.
24. anberlin (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
Open home gives you the ability to have seven pages. Except its a paid app.
25. Trobes05 (Posts: 106; Member since: 01 Aug 2009)
I had open home but I didn't like it. Made my phone too laggy. Home++ actually makes the home screen faster.
26. anberlin (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 Oct 2009)
I'm going to check out Home++. Thanks :) Btw Open Home works pretty good on my Droid.
18. WnnaFghtAboutIt (Posts: 149; Member since: 31 Aug 2009)
they need to hurry this up and roll it out....my droid is getting anxious....
28. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
I dont even think the droid needs it. Im happy, but it isnt the storm this phone is definatly doing well with out it!