Motorola DROID software update page is posted by Verizon (new video)
This article contains unofficial information.
Thanks to David for sending this in!
Motorola DROID Review | Specifications
source: Verizon Wireless
We have also been told the Unlock Screen has now changed and the Android OS is listed as 2.01, so we'll have to wait a bit longer to see Android 2.1 on the DROID.
Here is a video posted to YouTube showing the Motorola DROID after the software update.
If you have some interesting info that you'd like to share with us, feel free to Tip Us!
1. BrokenImaege posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:44 0 0
Some Droid users will get it before others starting tomorrow. Then by the 12th, all user will have it. It is going to push out slowly to not slow the network down or the google servers pushing it. Just a heads up
2. dave412_4 posted on 07 Dec 2009, 16:14 0 0
I seems that on androidforums.com some motorola droid owners are already receiving the update.
11. vzw fanman posted on 07 Dec 2009, 19:03 0 0
hahaha lol. that's the funniest thing you've ever said.
27. vzw fanman posted on 07 Dec 2009, 23:39 0 0
are you apart of the whole 15 fans for phonearena?
30. vzw fanman posted on 08 Dec 2009, 17:39 0 0
go on fb, search phonearena and become a fan of it. :-)
8. vzwman posted on 07 Dec 2009, 17:34 0 0
i wonder how verizon is going about picking droids for the update
9. johnolesen posted on 07 Dec 2009, 17:55 0 0
it starts today (12-7) and will go out to users. then slowly trickle out by 200,000 users per 24 hours...
10. anberlin posted on 07 Dec 2009, 18:39 0 0
I can't wait. Hopefully this improves battery life.
13. vzwman posted on 07 Dec 2009, 19:15 0 0
everyone with a android should check out the forums at droidforums.net
20. Trobes05 posted on 07 Dec 2009, 22:23 0 0
I just checked it out and found out about Home++. It's a free theme app in its beta stage but it is really nice. It is supposed to have themes for download in the future but Home screen is cool and gives you 4 pages instead of three.
23. Trobes05 posted on 07 Dec 2009, 23:11 0 0
make sure you download the update after the first download. I dont know why i had too but it fixes some force close problems I had.
24. anberlin posted on 07 Dec 2009, 23:11 0 0
Open home gives you the ability to have seven pages. Except its a paid app.
25. Trobes05 posted on 07 Dec 2009, 23:21 0 0
I had open home but I didn't like it. Made my phone too laggy. Home++ actually makes the home screen faster.
26. anberlin posted on 07 Dec 2009, 23:37 0 0
I'm going to check out Home++. Thanks :) Btw Open Home works pretty good on my Droid.
18. WnnaFghtAboutIt posted on 07 Dec 2009, 20:38 0 0
they need to hurry this up and roll it out....my droid is getting anxious....
28. PapaJay224 posted on 08 Dec 2009, 11:35 0 0
I dont even think the droid needs it. Im happy, but it isnt the storm this phone is definatly doing well with out it!