Motorola DROID and HTC DROID ERIS now for sale
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Nov 2009, 23:36
The highly anticipated Motorola DROID and HTC DROID ERIS have been officially released by Verizon Wireless...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JasonLegend00 posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:44 0 0
Why is it not showing up in the upgrade area on verizon website?!!!!
2. icu812 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 00:29 0 0
I'm dealing with the same thing. I've already bought the accessories for it but just waiting for the phone to come available.
4. JasonLegend00 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 00:40 0 0
It'll let you buy it new but when you click to upgrade then it throws you back to select a phone and the Droid is gone, WTF?!
5. gueeto posted on 06 Nov 2009, 00:40 0 0
Is everyone having this issue where it doesn't show Droid or eris in upgrade screen?
6. JasonLegend00 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 00:41 0 0
I guess i'm not the only one. My brother is experiencing the same thing. We are getting angry...
43. iphonehackeer97 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 06:57 0 0
hey if you want to get the droid you can order it off this website DROID ERIShttps://shop.acnwireless.com/s
pecialoffer.aspx?cid=34655_babor DROID https://shop.acnwireless.com/s a329fcce74f75b068100494468164 pecialoffer.aspx?cid=34655_babUSE THIS REP ID# 01985368 i work for this company and i just ordered my droid eris the phones are also cheaper on this site it is with the contract the only difference is at the end of the month the bill has a litle ACN stamp but you are still being billed by verizon there are custom rates to if you have any questions email me at email@example.com a329fcce74f75b068100494468164
46. emvxl posted on 06 Nov 2009, 08:00 0 0
It's about 9am EST and am on the VZW website. Can upgrade to Motorola Droid for $99 and HTC Droid Eris for Free (all on 2 year contract).
49. Hector posted on 06 Nov 2009, 16:46 0 0
Does this work even though im not eligible for upgrade?
52. akararules posted on 06 Nov 2009, 19:52 0 0
i have an upgrade to get a new phone and the eris shows up but the price doesnt change
53. Dood posted on 06 Nov 2009, 21:41 0 0
I love how many Bakersfield ACN reps get thier upgrades in my store as they don't want to wait for the mail. Does it take forever or something? They give up valuable points cause they are just as impatient as the rest of the world! :D
3. MegaManVZW posted on 06 Nov 2009, 00:34 0 0
I believe the VZW website shows that it has 512 MB ROM and 288 MB DDR RAM... HTC's website confirms this too
8. BigmoManOfSteel posted on 06 Nov 2009, 00:50 0 0
Ok so i guess Big Red dosen't want to sell this phone online.
9. Shadz posted on 06 Nov 2009, 00:52 0 0
So annoying.... that it won't show up in the upgrade area....
11. JasonLegend00 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 00:56 0 0
I agree, we are very annoyed. The suspense is unreal!!!
12. Shadz posted on 06 Nov 2009, 00:57 0 0
I even tried to fool the computer by going to phones and plans and it shows up there, but then you go to upgrade and it disappears again :(
13. JasonLegend00 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 00:59 0 0
Yup, I tried all that. I went to the store and they already had one available to play with. And after messing with it, I just have to have it. VZW needs to get their act together cause it wants to come hometo me already!!
14. Shadz posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:03 0 0
Yeah I'm an employee and have been playing with one for like 3 weeks and I want it NOW...
15. JasonLegend00 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:04 0 0
Ok, i'm getting tired of trying back and forth and no luck upgrading to The Droid. Maybe I should just settle for the subpar Chocolate Touch.
17. BigmoManOfSteel posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:06 0 0
NOOOO!!!! DON'T DO IT!!!! ARE YOU MAD!!!!!
19. JasonLegend00 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:08 0 0
You're right, I am not thinking straight. Whats gotten into me?!!!
20. BigmoManOfSteel posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:11 0 0
So has anyone tossed Verizon a line and told them about this.
22. JasonLegend00 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:16 0 0
Chocolate Touch.......Chocolate Touch.......
21. Shadz posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:16 0 0
Dunno but im about ready to go to bed and check it at like 6:30 AM when I head out to work, this is ridiculous
24. JasonLegend00 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:17 0 0
Yup, might have to try at day break just to find out that its been sold out :-(
25. BigmoManOfSteel posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:18 0 0
Yes me too I'm with you on that one bro I'm going to bed to and dream me up a Droid.
23. Shadz posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:17 0 0
I'm sure they're aware, now it's not showing up anywhere.... wth
26. ChineseMuscle posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:18 0 0
Got my Droid for $99. The ordering process didn't work for me until I closed out Internet explorer browser and logged in to my VZW acct. using Fire Fox browser.
34. JasonLegend00 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:34 0 0
Maspoot!!! Thats a bad comment vote for you!!!
35. ChineseMuscle posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:38 0 0
Well it worked for me using Fire Fox. Try WireFly.com
36. icu812 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:38 0 0
HEY EVERYONE....I THINK I GOT IT TO WORK......FROM FIREFOX, GO TO GOOGLE.COM AND TYPE IN "VERIZON WIRELESS". SELECT THE ESHOP.VERIZONWIRELESS SITE. IT LOOKS LIKE IT'S LETTING ME GO THROUGH WITH THE ORDER BUT NOT GIVING ME AN INSTANT REBATE. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED.
37. JasonLegend00 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:41 0 0
Well thats just sucks. But at least it sounds better then muscle
38. ChineseMuscle posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:51 0 0
This is why I suggested Fire Fox to you because it simply worked for me. Why do you put me down for trying to help ? I even suggested "WireFly.com" Trying to be helpful.
39. JasonLegend00 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 01:52 0 0
Ok, i'm going to sleep. Good luck to anyone still trying.
40. wasd posted on 06 Nov 2009, 02:01 0 0
@ everyone trying to UPGRADE -http://www.verizonwireless.com
/b2c/splash/droid.jsp?page=droYou can upgrade from there and its only $149.99 for existing customers! iddoes
41. PhoneLord posted on 06 Nov 2009, 02:09 0 0
Dude, that doesn't work! It takes you to the SAME upgrade page you'd normally get to if you went through your account at the normal VZW site, and the Droid doesn't show up in the PDA/Smartphones list. This is seriously ridiculous. I've checked both the forums on Verizon's website and HowardForums and NUMEROUS people are encountering this issue. Way to screw over your EXISTING customers, Verizon!
45. iphonehackeer97 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 07:01 0 0
buy the droid and droid eris at https://shop.acnwireless.com/s
pecialoffer.aspx?cid=34655_babhttps://shop.acnwireless.com/s a329fcce74f75b068100494468164 pecialoffer.aspx?cid=34655_babthe droid eris is ony 90$ wit a two year contract thre the droid is only 190$ any questions let me know 954-703-0023 THIS ONE AUCTUALLY WORKS ITS FROM THE COMPNAY ACN'S PAGE NOT VERIZONS YOU STILL GET BILLED BY VERIZON THOUGH IORDERED MINE THROUGH THEM I CANT WAIT a329fcce74f75b068100494468164
48. Hector posted on 06 Nov 2009, 16:31 0 0
Does this work even though im not eligible for an upgrade? I just upgraded my phone back in august.
42. steverunner posted on 06 Nov 2009, 03:56 0 0
I was going to order this online at midnight, but didn't want to wait for shipping...so I'm off to the local Verizon store this morning (they're opening at 8AM) to get my Droid. It's like Christmas morning! Cant' wait to unwrap mine!
44. iphonehackeer97 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 07:00 0 0
buy the droid and droid eris at https://shop.acnwireless.com/s
pecialoffer.aspx?cid=34655_babhttps://shop.acnwireless.com/s a329fcce74f75b068100494468164 pecialoffer.aspx?cid=34655_babthe droid eris is ony 90$ wit a two year contract thre the droid is only 190$ any questions let me know 954-703-0023 a329fcce74f75b068100494468164
47. vzw fanman posted on 06 Nov 2009, 09:25 0 0
ok! i waited till midnight and they still didn't update the website, so i got up at 6 and it was there!!!!!!!!!!!! i ordered my droid with free overnight shipping!!!!! very exciting
54. BigmoManOfSteel posted on 07 Nov 2009, 19:53 0 0
I ordered mine yesterday morning at 6 am got the overnite shipping and my Droid is not here yet WTF?!
50. RetailmanIA2.0 posted on 06 Nov 2009, 19:47 0 0
Why dont you cheap skates just go to the store and do your upgrades. give a retail worker the commission so that they can make a little for the holidays to justify their 60+ hour workweeks and neglected families, to do your customer service. I dont understand that mentality...you come into the store and waste someones time looking at the new products, only to go online to save $50 bucks and then bring the retail worker your technical/customer service issue to solve, on a phone that they earned no commission on. You want to save the money by buying online then go do your customer service online too.
51. akararules posted on 06 Nov 2009, 19:51 0 0
ok so the droid eris on verizon.com is $99 with the mail in rebate so i also have an upgrade discount for the new every two years thing and when i click the price with the upgrade discount it is still 99 dollars so im wondering why the price isnt changing???