Motorola DROID X to get its Gingerbread update on May 13th?
0. phoneArena 06 May 2011, 07:56 posted on
Motorola is said to be waiting for Verizon to sign off on the latest Gingerbread build for the Motorola DROID X; speculation now centers on May 13th as the possible date for the OTA upgrade to take place...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. cheetah2k (Posts: 696; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
How about the Atrix... This is turning out to be yet another Moto FAIL..
2. Sniggly (Posts: 6222; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Huh. Well, it'll be interesting to see if there's something new in the next build they didn't include in mine. I really hope they didn't change their minds about some things and pull them. However, waiting until the X2 is released to push out the update makes sense.
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4739; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I wonder if Moto is going to be giving any further updates to the Droid X after this one? Or, is this the goodbye kiss and then Moto is focused 100% on their new handsets?
3. bossmt_2 (Posts: 401; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme
4. Shanism (Posts: 19; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
It could just be a person with a rooted phone. FAIL!
5. Sniggly (Posts: 6222; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The update is real. I have it. It's just been a matter of when they release it.
And no, I've never rooted any phone.
6. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i hope they push it out to the Droid 2 at the same time.
7. Sniggly (Posts: 6222; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
If they follow this logic the 2phone won't get the update until the 3 is going to be released.
9. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
the 3 is likely to be released quite soon. Moto is not sending anymore shipments of either of the Droid 2 models.
10. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it's gonna be pretty interesting to see how "GingerBlur" is taken by the critics in the DX2 and the D3 reviews.
11. Sniggly (Posts: 6222; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
If they have any goddamned sense they'll love it to bits.
15. joey18 (Posts: 486; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
My droid x still have 2.1 froyo i need froyo 2.2
16. Sniggly (Posts: 6222; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Go to your settings and download it then.
22. kendall (unregistered)
where do you go in settings
23. justntym (unregistered)
go to "settings", then "about phone", then select "system updates" The phone will do the rest.
21. Traxxas246 (unregistered)
So does this mean that if my phone is rooted I will have to un root to install gingerbread. Then re root?