Motorola DROID X now supports Netflix app
0. phoneArena posted on 15 Jun 2011, 20:44
Motorola DROID X owners didn't understand how owners of the Motorola DROID could have Netflix on their device before they did; all is forgiven since the one time Verizon flagship model now supports the movie and television streaming app...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Sniggly posted on 15 Jun 2011, 22:05 3
Yeehaw, thanks for lovin' on the X. Though I really don't know if I'll ever actually USE the service.
3. ltr (unregistered) posted on 15 Jun 2011, 22:46 0
I got the app. I am not sure if I am going to use it either. With the 2.3 update my battery is already taking a beating.
but I still watch HQ youtube vids
4. BigDogg795 (unregistered) posted on 16 Jun 2011, 00:34 0
What the hell? Droid X gets Netflix but the damn Thunderbolt doesn't? Seriously, who the hell dropped the ball on this one?
6. Sniggly posted on 16 Jun 2011, 02:07 2
Patience, rabbit. Seems with Verizon the older phones are getting the Netflix love first, followed by newer phones. The original Droid and the X were insanely popular phones, a lot of people have them.
9. BigDogg795 (unregistered) posted on 16 Jun 2011, 10:48 0
Patience of course...it's frustration venting out, that's all. Of course it makes sense to make offer Netflix to the lowest common denominator (in the case the Droid & X). It's the annoyance that here I upgraded to the Thunderbolt to find that not only 4G that will most likely take forever to manifest itself in an area just 35 miles East of NYC; but that there are no real other discernible advantages over the Incredible I upgraded from IMHO!
5. bossmt_2 posted on 16 Jun 2011, 01:29 0
I've had it for some time thanks to the Netflix app they hacked to avoid the device check. It's really fun, Streaming Mad Max over 3G was pretty cool.
7. sonyfiend (unregistered) posted on 16 Jun 2011, 08:09 0
What about the Play? It's got a gig processor, why can't I get netflix to it? Bastards....
14. sonyfiend (unregistered) posted on 23 Jun 2011, 15:01 0
yes, it has the same gig processor that the incredible 2 has
12. Maarek Stele posted on 19 Jun 2011, 11:38 0
Old news. I've been watching shows on my Droid for a month now. My daughter would sneak my phone to her room abd watch her movies when she should be sleeping. Like the article says, it'll only work on select phones. No HTC Incredible 2 yet. But since it works for one Moto droid, then it'll work on 2 & 3.
13. StillStuckWithDroid (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 05:16 0
I have had it too for awhile on my droid
but hey with tiered pricing on July 7th this app will be useless when people are forced into the tiered...... Netflix eats up a lot of data