Motorola DROID X is treated to a new software update bringing improvements and bug fixes
In fact, the v4.5.621.MB810 update is being sent out to owners right about now, so you should be seeing that notification. Looking at the changelog, it seems as though it’s packing an extensive listing, but overall, it doesn’t really change any of the visuals with the handset’s interface. Specifically, it features the following items.
- Prevents lockups or resets after the Over the Air (OTA) update.
- OTA update notice screen displays the correct estimated update time.
- Improved browser security with the Google Security Patch from Android 2.3.6.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
- Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
- Reduced Out of Memory errors.
- WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Improved stability of Music Player reduces resets.
- Shortcuts to applications remain on the device even after applications are moved to the SD card.
- Improved connectivity with 3G Mobile Hotspot data connectivity.
- Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
- Corrected errors where Yahoo! mail notifications were not displayed properly.
- Reduced duplicate message errors.
- Improved ability to access and receive Gmail when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Sorted contact groups.
- Device recognizes Multimedia ringtones after purchase.
- Button background lighting turns off while in the desktop cradle.
We bet that you weren’t expecting so much out of this update, but we have to give kudos to Moto for continuing to refine and perfect the experience on the aging DROID X. Well folks, this is simply as good as it gets for this beloved smartphone, especially when it’s unlikely that it’ll receive an official update to Ice Cream Sandwich .
via Android Central
2. torr310 (Posts: 374; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Thank you! Droid X is the hottest phone at its age!
3. Sniggly (Posts: 7033; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Gar. I wish they had released this update before I sent my X to my dad. Granted, the phone works fine anyway, but I know I'm going to get a grumpy call from him about it if he gets the notification.
4. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Lol I gave my dad my X too Haha. he's constantly asking how to do sh*t. Like how to take apps off the screen ;)
5. lamaboy (Posts: 6; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Ever since I got this update, my phone randomly locks up, reboots, and freezes. Not necessarily in that order either. It sucks. >8(
Is anyone else having this problem?