Motorola DROID X is pictured in Verizon's Droid line-up
0. phoneArena 17 Jun 2010, 13:55 posted on
Verizon confirms that the massive, sexy beast of an Android phone, the Motorola DROID X, is coming soon in all its 4.3 inch glory...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rjt185 (Posts: 257; Member since: 11 Jun 2009)
First! It's between this and the Droid 2. :)
11. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
Careful, depending what article you read on PA the Droid 2 is the Droid x. Haha..
2. MalakiMills (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
I am just waiting, I am going to preorder the day of as to not miss the release date and get pushed back.
3. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
i want the droid X but i hope i won't miss the keyboard.
20. alc (Posts: 17; Member since: 19 May 2010)
you wont miss the keyboard. I went from the droid to the incredible. get swype.
4. Dark Asgard (Posts: 44; Member since: 01 Apr 2010)
SELLING MY HTC DROID INCREDIBLE WITH CASE 2GB SD CARD, 30-40 PAID APPLICATIONS LIKE DOODLE JUMP AND ASHPHALT 5 AND MOBILE OFFICE COMPLETE, ALSO WITH SCREEN PROTECTORS WILL BE ON EBAY TONIGHT.
5. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
it doesn't matter if they are paid. the moment that person logs into the phone with their gmail all your purchased apps will dissapear. each person's purchased apps are backed up on googles servers.
15. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
ppl say this dude is got 0 star on his account, beware!
6. techtechne (Posts: 14; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
At first they said the Droid X's screen was 720p which equals 1280 by 720 resolution , making the phone's screen 341 ppi. Now it says captures 720p. On the NFL Droid X advertisement, it says the phone has a 720 dpi screen. Again I was completely amazed, but then I read in Engadget that that only translates to 240 ppi. there's a lot of tricky stuff going on here
7. ILOVEIPHONE25 (unregistered)
I am getting the new iphone 4 but it doesn't matter...its a win for me and you...we are getting better and better phones! I am waiting for the phone that can turn into a hot playboy model and do me!
8. vzw fanman (Posts: 1974; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
now i know why you own a crapple iphone and are on the gayt&t network!
9. techtechne (Posts: 14; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
I'm pretty sure playboy models are girls.
12. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
This was one of the first respectable iPhone comments I've seen. You're VERY right, it is a win for you and everybody else. We are ALL getting better and better phones driven by competition. Finally someone who realizes one phone isn't right for everybody and multiple options drives competition and competitive pricing.
10. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3075; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Beautiful, large screen, fast processor, loads of memory, and on the best network there is. Couldn't ask for anything more. Thank god I didn't have to go to sprint to get the EVO. I can't wait for the vs comparison of this and the EVO.
13. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
I can't wait till we have an LTE Droid. Hopefully by then Droid will improve emailing, maybe resembling Blackberry email?
14. bucky (Posts: 2082; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
one thing that bugs me is soo many android phones coming out. they are eventually gonna become boring as they never seem to do anything new like sense or timescape. im on the milestone right now and love it but something worthwhile has gotta come out to make me upgrade. Simply putting a faster processor isnt gonna cut. This is the reason i sold my iphone in the first place.
17. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3075; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
If you don't like the current iphone or old iphones, you're tough out of luck. Going to have to wait a whole year and see if you like the next. With android phones, if you don't like one, wait a month for the next. They come in different sizes so there's an android phone for everyone. For example if you want a huge screen phone there's the EVO and now the Droid X, if you want a medium size there's the incredible and motorola droid. If you want a small, there's the droid eris, etc etc.
18. bucky (Posts: 2082; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
i definitely see what ur saying but you missed my main point. There arent enough differences in the software to make most upgrades worthwhile. Hardware wise, yeah there are tons of options. Software wise, companies have been given a gift with android and they never seem to make much more out of it than what is originially offered. Gimme some more options like "sense"!
16. MalakiMills (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Well I personally feel that the large amount of android phones that are out is a good thing. It gives everybody the choice of picking exactly what they want, even if it's something as small as one tenth of an inch on the screen.
19. Dark Asgard (Posts: 44; Member since: 01 Apr 2010)
Why did i get -3 im only trying to sell my phone and no the apps wont be erased because they are all on the s.d card.
22. bucky (Posts: 2082; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
il add to that -3 just because of that comment. :)