Motorola DROID RAZR is getting a new software update very soon bringing improvements and fixes
As much as we’d love to see this killer looking smartphone getting upgraded to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the software update that’s scheduled to roll out very soon only brings forth some marginal improvements. Specifically, it features the following:
- SIM error notification has been fixed
- Improved camera features and quality
- Improved stability of menu access, browser, phone dialer, video playback and music player to prevent force-close errors and lockups
- Updated group message notification in e-mail
- Improvement in 3G/4G data connectivity
- Maintain network connection upon completion of a voice call
- Background color has been adjusted to improve readability in Lapdock connection UI menu items.
Yes, there’s nothing major that sticks out amongst the bunch, but nevertheless, we’re certain that it’s going to appease some Motorola DROID RAZR owners out there. Still, we’ll have to wait until the new year for any word about that anticipated ICS update.
source: Verizon via Android Central
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5869; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
My RAZR has been pretty reliable with the LTE connection stability. I hope this upgrade doesn't downgrade my phone's LTE stability. (Fingers crossed)
3. i3izkit311 (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
yea a bit nervous with this one... I am pretty happy with the Razr...
2. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
cool cool hopefully the cam will be a bit faster.. not really a problem most of the time.. I had an emergency i was to take a pic of but the auto focus literally took the 45 seconds to take the pic.. i missed the issue i was trying to grab... other than that 3g 4g ive had bad battery life so if this helps with the connection awesome maybe that will help the battery and the sim error is pretty fun..
BTW I called Verizon to ask about 4g service being down in Pittsburgh pa... phone rep said that Pittsburgh region doesnt have 4g at all only Philly has it in pa.,. I love that lie.. then.. why normally am i getting 12 to 15 mbs on 4g.. here in ... well PITTSBURGH> she checked and there is on 4g lmao
I love the razr. I really do .. got the otterbox defender.. and now its about the same size as a wide Droid X and that be fine with me.
4. mctcm (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
The RAZR is a great phone. If it had a 720 screen, I would have kept it instead of swapping for the Nexus.
Battery life with the battery extender application thing is very good. i would easily get 36h of usage with occasional browsing, normal text/email usage.
5. networkdood (Posts: 6274; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Huh, I have no problems with my RAZR - I may decide to install a new ROM, but rather wait for ICS.
6. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
I have a friends Razr ive been toying with.. IT has a rom on it now. but im unsure what ill do. I want to try ICS but i also want the debloat of the custom roms
7. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I love my Razr but I've had some issues with getting locked out of 3g data the other day when I went out of town. In town however the recpetion and signal is awesome. Camera works very well; shutters in 2-3 seconds at the most.
8. ilani (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
WTF!!! They also force you to take on a Few Bloatware apps along with the update!
EverNote, Amazon Kindle, and the Trial version of Neen for Speed : Hot pursuit!