Motorola DROID RAZR boots up with ICS
0. phoneArena 13 Dec 2011, 11:11 posted on
It's definitely not much more than a proof-of-concept right now, but the first video of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich running on a Motorola DROID RAZR has popped up on the interwebs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Ha, don' update the phone with that version :) But that's cool. Excited to see phones being update to ICS.
3. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1718; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
XDA has one for the EVO, its not great but once they bang out the Hardware Acceleration issue it should be usable
4. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Now all we need is the 4.5 screen razr with ICS and the extended battery and this would be the phone! IMO
5. Vzw_employee (Posts: 42; Member since: 01 Sep 2011)
I am already running ICS on my Charge , so is my girlfriend on her sprint's galaxy S 2
I got it from a cousin that works for Google, the face to unlock and android beam are the only features that don't work , everything else works wonderful, I specially like the people app,
6. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Just like there was a grip of versions of the old Razr I'm sure there will be many versions of the Droid Razr. A quad core, ICS, 4.5 inch, 720p, 12mp, dual flash Razr will come to be next year.
7. sgogeta4 (Posts: 394; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Besides the quad core, they have everything you just mentioned in China's RAZR already.
8. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have ice cream running on my captivate - runs very well....wonder which RAZR they are showing as I doubt it is the Verizon DROID RAZR.
10. whiteninjazx6r (Posts: 32; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Well, I can answer your question just by looking at the screen shot for the video above. The phone in hand, has the VZW logo on the front...right where it should be. Why would you doubt it???
11. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
lol, you are right - I will wait until the boot loader is unlocked, though.
9. ericino (Posts: 4; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
It's nice to see more and more devices running ICS ports :)
Perhaps it would be nice to do an article on these developments combined?