Motorola DROID RAZR announcement: Live Coverage!
0. phoneArena 18 Oct 2011, 10:34 posted on
This is our Live Coverage article dedicated to Verizon and Motorola's event today, where the companies are believed to unveil the latest and greatest Android smartphone from Moto's camp - the DROID RAZR. Join us for all the latest info, delivered straight to you with our up-to-the-minute updates...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
24. gdbw (Posts: 17; Member since: 18 Dec 2009)
If its anything like the original RAZR, from what seems like years ago, stay away from it! The original RAZR was on eof the worst phones ever. At least on Verizon it was bad, I dont know about any of the other companies it sold on. We'll see though, Motorola has gotten better over the years. However the RAZR name has left a bad taste in my mouth.
3. Dragonkingamn (Posts: 12; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Just hope we dont wait a month til it comes out... My OG Droid is going nutz and 4G here in two days also.
21. Dwoogs (Posts: 20; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I agree I am sitting here with an OG Droid, an upgrade and $300 dollars burning a hole in my pocket. Want a new phone sooo bad.
4. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
Why can't this come to AT&T...........boooooooooo.......[face_cry]
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I'm crying too I feel like breaking my Atrix right now :(
5. acoers (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
13. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I'm crying too. I feel like breaking my Atrix right now.
6. iankellogg (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
IF motorola adds ANT+ support I will consider this phone.
7. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
crazy ! how they did to create this phone so fast !
9. gevorks21 (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
No 1 cares about the moto-actv stuff get to the phone already.
10. narbz (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
is everyone also stuck on the same pic for the last 5 min ?
11. PhoneArena Team (Posts: 240; Member since: 27 Jun 2006)
make sure Auto Refresh is ON. And hit refresh if it is still not updating.
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
That have to be the best Motorola phone ever created! THINNER than the CHARGE/iPhone 4S better battery life.4.3" of goodness SUPER AMOLED PLUS qHD. The only thing I dislike is the price of the 32GB and 16Gb. They should of just kept it simply with 32GB @ 199.00 BUT STILL I LOVE THIS PHone just wish I was on Verizon just to get the DROID RAZR. And I will be piss at APPLE sues Motorola on this phone. It makes my Atrix looks like SHT.
20. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
The screen said Super AMOLED "Advanced" qHD...not "+." What does this "Advanced" mean anyway?
Where did you see 32GB and 16GB flavors? Did you see the live version? I only saw $299 with no mention of flash-momory size.
15. fatexo (Posts: 205; Member since: 21 May 2010)
same here.. tried refreshing but still on 11:11.. auto refresh is 'on'.. tried closing the browser and starting again then coming back here after 5 mins but still no update after 11:11
16. acoers (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
go to to the website you can watch it for free and its live
17. acoers (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Man is anyone else ready to get rid of there phone and get this new droid razr
23. FAUguy (Posts: 78; Member since: 09 Apr 2008)
Haven't heard 100% yes or no, but people have said the Pentile issue with the Droid Bionic is not on the DROID RAZR. We'll keep you posted when we find out more.
22. vette21man (Posts: 351; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
All these "flashy" specs are underwhelming to me. So it has 1.2GHz dual-core processor...don't tell me the buzz word or that it's "2x faster." SHOW me how fast it is, tell me WHY I want it, and what it actually does for me. Their claims of battery life will be tested in the real world.
I feel like this "unveiling" was similar to that of the iPhone 4S. It's underwhelming. Give me a reason to upgrade. Tell me the "Advanced" part of the screen is that it's brighter, has richer accurate colors, and better resolution than anything out there. Tell me something that allows me to easily complete this sentence, "The DROID RAZR will definitely be my next phone because..." Wow me.
I appreciate knowing these specs/features as soon as they are presented from the manufacturer, but real-world use is just not the same as these controlled demos...which by they way they had technical difficulties.
Nothing really new was introduced. We already have dual-cores, cloud syncing, LTE speeds, 8MP cameras, 1080p video, "thin" devices...maybe it's just that we don't have all that in a thin, Kevlar, long-battery-life device?
Someone help, I'm fainting...