Motorola DROID RAZR announced!
0. phoneArena 18 Oct 2011, 11:42 posted on
Motorola today finally announced the hot smartphone we've been hearing about lately - the Motorola DROID RAZR! But is there something to make this device special, besides its epic name? You bet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
50. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Looks nice. If i were to ever buy a Droid it would be now.
This phone looks amazing except for the back as usual. They were doing good but then Motorola did to much, Take off the fake carbonfiber back and smooth out the UGLY buldge in the back where the camera is and you have yourself an amazing phone.
i cant wait to get hands on for a review.
51. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
whoa..now this phone seems to just too good to be true.
A droid with supreme style(only one besides the xperia arc), top of the line specs, crafted out of premium materials!
If they actually make this thing work properly, it's hands down the best phone money can buy.
52. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Wow end of life for bionic already? It hasn't even been out 2 months lol. This will suck for bionic owners.
54. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
true dat but you know what? Verizon will be getting a call from a disgruntled Thump3r. >:P
56. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
This does look like a great phone overall. If I was an android user I'd be excited.
Of course with android specs and real life performance don't always match up.
72. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Gingerbread is really smooth though, and Motorola did a good job streamlining Blur.
75. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
i would be so pissed if i were a droid / moto user. A new phone every month would drive me crazy.
I would not even store my contacts.
57. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Does it suck any more for them than it does for anyone who bought the iPhone 4 a couple weeks before the 4S came out, or for those who bought the 3GS a couple of weeks before the 4 came out?
I'd much prefer Motorola hit it out of the park quickly than putter around and let someone else come out with something better first. The Bionic is still a good device, and it'll probably drop in price now (though we're already selling it for 230 bucks at our store), while Motorola gets the claim to fame of having a super thin LTE phone out way before anyone else.
The only trepidation I have is: will it live up to its specs, or will it have issues? This is make it or break it time for Motorola. If they f**k this up they'll lose entirely. I don't think they will though. It sounds like they worked on this until they could get it as perfect as possible.
61. Snapdude (Posts: 128; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
this has been in production since the first bionic at CES was scrapped, then again if they fail they are boned
63. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Yes it does suck more. Do you know why? The 3GS came out 2.5 years ago and the 4 came out 1.5 years ago. The Bionic has been out 40 days. I'd be pissed if I bought a brand new phone a few weeks ago and the same company releases a brand new better phone.
66. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I can see why it kinda sucks for owners of the Bionic, but still, it's not like the Bionic is a s**t sandwich stuffed with razor blades and the bones of hyena fetuses. It's still a great phone and still worth paying for.
I still think this was the right move for Motorola. They now have two great top line Android devices in Verizon's lineup.
85. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
most of us paid the $300 for the Bionic that the superior RAZR was going to cost in nearly a month.
84. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
that's different. the Bionic JUST came out. nobody had any reason to believe a sucessor was right around the corner especially to people that aren't in the know like you and i. people that buy iPhones pretty much have a system at this point because everybody knows they come once a year.
59. Dwoogs (Posts: 20; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I almost...ALMOST walked out of the Verizon store with a Bionic when they first came out. Sooo glad I talked myself out of it and decided to wait.
73. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
lmao. So true how the Bionic is already a thing of the past.
55. Cyd07 (Posts: 83; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
"Outside the US" ?
Somebody has information about an availability outside US ? Precisely, I'm in France...
I think this is THE phone Android missed. More than the Nexus Prime (design seems not so good in the leak), unless the NP has very good build quality and is not in cheap plastic. Android needs - well, needed - a real high-end phone, an attractive objet, a classy thing you want to have ! If in addition, it's the first Android phone with a great battery life...what to say ? Appart please bring this to France QUICKLY !!!
67. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I'm going to tell you once. I get your joke. It wasn't funny the first fifteen times either. I won't respond to another reposting of this again.
65. joaolx (Posts: 364; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Looks nice but way to thin. It would slip way from everyone's hands and break easily.
68. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
You did read the part about it being made out of materials like Kevlar, right?
70. saiki4116 (Posts: 375; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
the improved battery life is due to 2.3.5 update,i have seen it on gs2,the update improves battery life..
71. terabyteRouser (Posts: 457; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Why do they come out with so many phones, Droid X2, Droid 3, Droid Bionic, Droid Razr? come on!
74. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Different price points and consumer needs. Droid RAZR is top echelon, the Bionic will be bumped down to second tier, phones like the Stratosphere, Tbolt, and Charge are third tier, and Droid 3 and X2 are fourth tier.
87. snowgator (Posts: 3417; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Wow. Three little letters - LTE - and Droid X2 and the namesake of the whole revival Droid 3 are 4th tier in Sniggs World? The opportunity for ICS on those two dual core would put it ahead in my world of LTE with single core, but okay. That is that preference thang.
Bionic owner shouldn't hang their heads, but this guy is a He-Man among Verizon's universe. LOVE the bullet proof vest it comes with!
93. Sniggly (Posts: 7291; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Pricing wise, they are fourth tier. I know that they have dual core processors, but they're stuck on 3G connectivity, which, quite frankly, is slow. Also, the Thunderbolt has more RAM, the Charge has a better screen, the Stratosphere has a full keyboard-the only LTE phone that doesn't have anything over them is that bulls**t Huawei phone Verizon released.
79. roldefol (Posts: 3340; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It does appear the DROID name is only going to high end Motorolae for the foreseeable future. Both the Rezound and Nexus were rumored to be part of the Droid line, but neither will be. So at least we won't have 7 different Droids out at once.
80. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
So i guess this phone is already killing the Galaxy Nexus don't it?
82. roldefol (Posts: 3340; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
How do you figure? The Nexus will have a better screen and Ice Cream Sandwich.
86. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
this is a big day. i'll enjoy stacking up the RAZR and the new Nexus to see which one is better and which one is more exciting. either way though Verizon wins. ;)
88. snowgator (Posts: 3417; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I am lovin the Razr on paper over the Nexus Prime, but it is not like either is a large flop waiting to happen. We will play with them both, and the HTC Rezound (stupid name is already a strike against HTC though) and how much fun will the choice be?? Today is Razr day though.
89. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
they day's not over yet, that's the exciting part. ;D
90. hartville (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
ummm,i was wondering what audio, image and especially video formats can droid razr play??based from my experience motorola phones can play/run limited formats...samsung SII can almost run all formats.pls help!
94. InsearchOf (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
When Motorola Razr upgrades to ICS will it have the face recoginition unlock feature? Also, will it ever have NFC and the features it provides? I am leaning towards the Razr over the Galaxy, but those are nice features.