Motorola DROID RAZR announced!
0. phoneArena 18 Oct 2011, 11:42 posted on
Motorola today finally announced the hot smartphone we've been hearing about lately - the Motorola DROID RAZR! But is there something to make this device special, besides its epic name? You bet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
47. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
This is the phone I've been waitting for. I cant wait to hold it in my hands. Best moto phone out in a long long time. Thank God I retuned the Bionic in time
18. Snapdude (Posts: 128; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
tested this device last week, its amazing, i expect big things from this handset but the price is steep :/ 4g battery life was much less than the 12.5 3g time but was not worse than current 4g handsets
53. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
if 4G battery life is at least as good as the Bionic, then I think we have a winner on our hands.
60. Snapdude (Posts: 128; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
its slightly better (not by much) but the scrfeen is better than bionic :)
64. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Considering the whole point of the Pentile display on the Bionic is to save battery, then I'd say Motorola did some fantastic work on this phone. :)
20. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
Is it measured at the thinnest or thickest part? That is the question. The galaxy line had to change their ads in England for not using the thickest part to measure.
21. smdeezy (Posts: 66; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
I love my Photon but damn that's a nice phone.
22. Dwoogs (Posts: 20; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Such a good time to have an upgrade available.
33. Allday28 (Posts: 283; Member since: 19 Nov 2010)
I have one available as well. Couldnt be a better time than right now.. Now the question is Vigor,Razr or Nexus???
36. roldefol (Posts: 4312; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm leaning toward the Nexus, but will have to hold all three and see which one fits me the best. It is a great time to upgrade. :D
25. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
I guess it's not but if it is, I don't think it's a big of a deal.
26. Mastertwiz (Posts: 15; Member since: 10 Dec 2009)
No. It's Super AMOLED "Advanced". According to Moto, with more vibrant colors than most LCD HD TVs
30. roldefol (Posts: 4312; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
AMOLED by definition is more vibrant than LCD, but that doesn't mean it's not PenTile.
78. roldefol (Posts: 4312; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I wonder if "Advanced" is just their way of saying qHD.
29. roldefol (Posts: 4312; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Super AMOLED Pentile. So same resolution as the Bionic, but I think the PenTile defects are easier to deal with when it's at least an AMOLED screen.
28. Mastertwiz (Posts: 15; Member since: 10 Dec 2009)
I was nearly certain I'd be burning my upgrade on the Galaxy Nexus. At this point, especially considering the compatibility with MotoActive, I might going with the Razr... I did have the flip phone. I loved that thing.
Unanswered question though... Bootloader: Locked or Unlocked???
31. roldefol (Posts: 4312; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Motorola has little to gain financially from pleasing the small minority of Android users who care about an unlocked bootloader.
37. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
yeah, motorola has a record of encrypting bootloaders on some of their devices.
35. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 468; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
OUCH!!!!. Beautiful phone, awesome specs.... A lot of manufacturer's are going to have to step up there game to contend with this baby. The Holiday lineup for VW is going to be great. Razr, Nexus Prime with ICS, HTC with Beats audio---looking real good....I guess I will have to be content with my Bionic....
43. Mastertwiz (Posts: 15; Member since: 10 Dec 2009)
Yeah don't worry. You can upgrade to the Galaxy S3, I'll still be rocking my Droid Razr or Galaxy Nexus
42. gtrxman (Posts: 122; Member since: 10 Sep 2011)
I am so on this phone. So much functionality. Encryption. Rugged. No way it doesn't get ICS. Fantastic. Who needs Siri? Nexus Prime needs to absolutely kill for me to consider it.
44. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
The first droid ouside US! Did I just died? Hope It's worth it
45. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
very nice phone!! only if it was gsm i would get it!
46. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
O_O it's the thinnest phone AND it's LTE!? my god. what the hell is a Galaxy S II?
62. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Samsung Galaxy S II is over half a year old & it has still a better processor. The Exynos is still just too beast of a chip.
83. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
oh you can bet i remember that but with everything else aside from probably the camera the RAZR is superior and it has a higher clocked OMAP (we still don't even know if it's a 4430 or a 4460) so the trade offs for Exynos are there and don't forget the U.S. is only just now starting to push the Galaxy S II so naturally it'll be pitted up against this.