Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX sweeps battery test
0. phoneArena 02 Jul 2012, 00:56 posted on
With bigger batteries on some of the newer flagship handsets, how have these phones fared on some new battery tests? The champion remains the 3300mAh battery powered Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX which swept the tests again...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mas11 (Posts: 1011; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Damn! Idk why more manufacturer's don't put 3300 mAh batteries in their phones. The battery isn't even twice the size of the DROID RAZR's but probably lasts 3x longer for video playback. And this phone still manages to be thinner than the iPhone.
10. Birds (Posts: 918; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Yeah I think it is a move that everyone should make. I wonder what Motorola has planned for the future. I wouldn't be surprised if they launched an Ultra slim 4.6 inch HD device with a huge 4400 Miliamp hour battery. I'd say that's innovation.
15. sam_tek (Posts: 60; Member since: 18 Feb 2011)
yeah, i think that's a tad wishful. don't think that's happening anytime soon.
But I'd still take that battery at twice that thickness! :)
2. CellieCell (Posts: 82; Member since: 14 Apr 2010)
i'm surprised the iphone's not on the other two list. since it's the world most popular phone!
3. Hammerfest (Posts: 346; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Id love a 3300mah or more battery in my Galaxy Note w/o the added bulk...
Not that I mind the bulk.. but I have yet to find a good case to go with the extended battery... the Seidio Batt+Case combo is fugly (saw one locally) and honestly the case looks worse then my Otterbox Defender :(
Oh and OT: my roommates MAXX is pretty slick, I have to do the hard reset+ ICS update for him this week (he fubared it prior with his inexperianced rooting...)
5. BattleBrat (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
People ask if us RAZR owners are angry that they released the MAXX, I can't speak for others, but I am not angry, I love my RAZR, I get two to two and a half days battery life, and I love the thin profile. but I do sometimes wonder..
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you could always convert your Razr using parts from the cellphone repair shop. o:
6. bayusuputra (Posts: 939; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
i've been reading battery tests on GSMArena and your article is sooooo current..
7. mrbtree (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lg sucks at optimizing their software and i know this because i own an optimus black
8. AbhiD (Posts: 60; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Battery life test of gsmarena is much flawed at the moment...,
check the comments at gsmarena and most of the peole(including regular readers) don't believe on the results attained !!!
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET ON MOTO'S LEVEL! xD
imagine when Moto releases their new Superphones... o:
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5149; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I wonder if we will see JB on the RAZR HD at release date?
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
eh, i doubt it. i'm sure it'll be damn fine with ICS and i'm sure an update would be pushed within a couple of months so it really just comes down to where it'll make the wait, in customers hands or in a lab.
14. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Doug, i'd just wait for the Motorola Nexus!
With OMAP 5, JB, large HD screen and this kind of battery..likely the best phone to be released year!
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that would be ideal but as a rule of thumb i always try to do small upgrades throughout the year so i can always have something relevant to use to take the next step up with especially now that we unlimited customers have to go outright for phones and if it's the next Nexus wouldn't it be powered by Key Lime Pie? i have no honest idea what Google's Plans for the Fall are anymore.
17. Ohrules (Posts: 298; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
"While the latter came in with a video playback time of 4 hours and 14 minutes before the battery died,"
Actually, GSMArena stops the battery test for video playback at 10% since some smartphones do not play videos below that level.
19. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
burn! lg battery is 2150, i corrected gsmarena and correct you :P
check their site again if don't believe