Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD comes with "ridiculously long battery life" and extra memory
0. phoneArena 05 Sep 2012, 13:49 posted on
The Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD will sport the same 4.7" screen as its non-Maxx version, but will sport a huge battery, that will allow it the impressive 21 hours of talk time, 10 hours of streaming video and 27 hours of streaming music over Verizon's LTE network...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sakeem (Posts: 393; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
So now do i sell my Maxx and wait for the Maxx HD??? Hmmmmm. The M is not too bad either and at a good price point.
3. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 965; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
This definitely is a great device fro 2012 to have. I bet the radio, and battery in this is superior to anything on the market right now. Glad to see Moto back on its game.
25. buccob (Posts: 2239; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Not only that... This IS the phone to keep without cases...
Love the sides and complete kevlar back
26. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Yeah but I don't think I'll be getting it now since int. version will come with no LTE which simply means NO S4,Moto just screwed my day:(
5. Sniggly (Posts: 7296; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Wait, 32 gigs WITH an SD card slot as WELL?
AND insane battery life?!?!
I'll take one now please.
11. Sniggly (Posts: 7296; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Still on contract with AT&T, and AT&T has coverage where my friends need it.
However, I have the option of opening an employee plan with Verizon. I may just do so.
I WANT THIS PHONE.
27. gallitoking (Posts: 4717; Member since: 17 May 2011)
Sniggly I may be back as well,.. but not for me but for my girl
16. SGSatlantis (Posts: 222; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
If only they made a international version.
19. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
My thoughts exactly.
I freaking love this phone.
6. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 943; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
So it has a metal and kevlar body, plus a huge 3300mAh batt, a big 4.7inch display, 8MP CAMERA, 32gb built-in mem PLUS a SD slot YET it manages to be BOTH thinner AND lighter than the brick Lumia920?
Excellent job MOTO, THAT is innovation, value for money and a great mix of functionality in one, Nokia should take some pointers from Moto. :)
32. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4210; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
At least it's promised by the end of this year or you get $100
9. Sakeem (Posts: 393; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I wish it came with 2GB of RAM. Why they left it at 1GB is a mystery to me.
12. Carlitos (Posts: 446; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I asked myself that too, but the fact that there is no custom skin on top (there is but extremely little) not much ram might be used except for all that vzw bloatware
13. Sakeem (Posts: 393; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Good point. Maybe i am just being greedy. :)
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the list of pre-loaded applications was actually quite tiny.
17. kanagadeepan (Posts: 802; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I Agree that the custom skin is almost NIL... But just imagine about the dozens (out of 4 dozens that came with this phone) of BigRed's bloats running in background... Further the 1280x720 display RAM is shared with the 1GB DDR3 RAM only...
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the MAXX HD is the clear choice here and i see it does actually have a HDSA Display, that's a little surprising but it's good to keep the same display type going for the Razr Enthusiasts. now the only question for me is Black or White...
14. Sakeem (Posts: 393; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
I would sell my maxx right now if the Maxx HD had 2GB of Ram and JB out of the box.
18. kanagadeepan (Posts: 802; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
RazrMAXX-HD is a good device without a doubt... But it is NOT a irresistible upgrade for we OG MAXX users..
And reg RAM and JB (NO chance for custom JB ROM due to Military-grade ENCRYPTED bootloader) out of box, I completely agree with you here...
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you can flash CM10 on it if you so desire you know... xD
30. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
The dealbreaker for this phone to me is the locked bootloader. Yes, there are some ROMs such as the UNofficial CM10, but it's a pain in the @ss to perform the installation and the amount of customization (not to mention modding community) is highly limited. That, the non-removable battery, and the delay for the Maxx HD version makes me glad I got the GN when it came out. With custom ROMs and kernels, my power consumption is even better than the Razr (divide the total battery life by the mAh value). Besides, I have a secondary battery that gives me more overall battery life if I need it.
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5690; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I don't see how. I have a Razr and a GN and the process for flashing ROM's is really not so different. I know how far flashing new kernels can go but you can have a fully functional Jelly Bean ROM, it's not impossible. there's a lot of exaggerating that goes on when it comes to locked bootloaders.
20. w-t-f (Posts: 42; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
..all this and 2GB RAM,name it NEXXXUS and it's a unicorn among phones :)
22. Sakeem (Posts: 393; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Well......now i wait for those hands on videos and reviews to start rolling in.
23. mike91t (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Any word if razr maxx hd or razr hd will come with webtop?
24. Sakeem (Posts: 393; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
It has begun
28. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Well, still on contract for 13 more months... which, if my math is correct, should put me right in line for the Razr Maxx HD 2.