Motorola DROID RAZR M 4G LTE press shot and specs leaked
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2012, 21:30 posted on
Just the other day we introduced you to a new mid-range Motorola DROID device called the Motorola DROID M and while we strill expect September 5th to be about the Motorola DROID RAZR HD, we also expect to see this model introduced as well...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
lol advanced gorila glass? How advanced will it be compare to other gorila glass?
3. nyuvo (Posts: 72; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Super Amoled Advanced screen. Gorilla glass 2 glass to protect it.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
oops... My mistake again... Sorry :D
13. Sparhawk (Posts: 75; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
If Gorilla glass is evolving, will it become human glass in a few million years?
40. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5954; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The only advancement is the name. They do that only to sell more units even if the previous gorilla glass wasn't that much different.
2. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Hold up, I need some clarification. I thought the "ColorBoost" name was specifying a special type of lcd that has amoled type colors? Yet, they say its a Super Amoled Advanced display in this phone?
15. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I think colorboost is just firmware/software that tweeks the colors making them look better. The Photon Q for Sprint has this same exact Screen type.
I think since many ppl that purchased previous Motorola handsets were complaining about the color quality on the screens, they came up with this term to assure the consumer that they have addressed this issue.
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
If this is the "mid-range" Razr, I can only imagine what the Razr HD will be...
16. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I am going to assume that the HD will OBVIOUSLY have a better screen and more memory (ram/storage)
If it looks like identical to this design, I will be very pleased.
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yes, HD display is obvious and 2 GB RAM is a must. From this, they should be putting in an S4 Pro to the Razr HD. They wouldn't put the processor their mid-range has in their flagship, would they?
27. Mittal (Posts: 491; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
"that would seem to indicate a price for the Motorola DROID RAZR HD at $199.99., matching the Samsung Galaxy S III"
They better have the S4 Pro inside with a bigger screen if they wanna stay relevant!
50. doubleD (Posts: 78; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
I really like my RAZR MAXX, however I think Motorola making so many phones off of the same RAZR design is a big mistake. Motorola did the same thing with the original flip-phone RAZR. All of their following flip phones were based off of the same RAZR design. In my opinion, this is what led to Motorola's downfall in the cell phone industry which was eventually reignited by the DROID. It looks like they are repeating the same mistakes now by being stuck in the DROID RAZR design for their plethora of subsequent phones.
9. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
@Wendygarett i have a very out of topic question. Is the person in ur pic yourself or someone else?
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
28. tedkord (Posts: 6781; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
So it's not a picture of yourself or of someone else?
48. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Unless wendygarett is vietnamese and has a blog it's not her picture. It's Elly Tran Ha.
47. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
It's the picture of a cute and famous vietnamese blogger:
Elly Tran Ha
51. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
She only looks good on thumbnail sized pics, no thanks to the real thing or larger pics.
52. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1304; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Seriously, check again
I think in normal pics she also looks good.
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
pretty much what i thought it would be.
i'm really surprised by the 3MP front facing camera. o:
25. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I agree. For a second I thought you were expecting better. 3mp sounds great for FFC
btw did u notice, no HDMI? Not to say the HD version wont have one, but having an HDMI port is not a big deal.
Personally I hope the HD doesnt have one. Thats one less hole to cover (or one less hole your case will have)
29. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i thought something was missing but i couldn't quite put my finger on it. this like the Atrix HD probably doesn't have support for Webtop but i'm sure the HD will. it's even been pictured with it's HDMI out port. i'm like you, i don't like holes but that HDMI out port is pretty convenient. o:
33. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
The way the Moto Rep made it seem like to me was that they werent to thrilled about the webtop response. It didnt quite take off. We'll see
On another note: I like the Chasis design on this a lot! Im not a fan of the camera hump (almost bought the RAZR MAXX to avoid that hump)
I hope the HD isnt too different from this design. Looks great.
34. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it wasn't that great to start off with but with the ICS update came Webtop 3.0 which completely revamped the platform. it's like using an ICS Tablet now. it's pretty nice.
i do too, i wouldn't be too disappointed if i ended up with one of these somehow especially since it's supposedly coming in white. o:
i especially like the torque screws. nice industrial Moto touch that i like on my Xyboard 8.2 as well.
36. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Engadget has an extra screenshot that shows that it will include expandable SD card. I am asuming its located on the USB port side, tucked under that long tab at the top. Maybe the Micro Sim is there too.
38. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, probably just like the Razr/MAXX.
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
something else i've noticed is that this phone has teeeeeny bezels which is good because that means it won't be nearly as wide as the Razr. o:
45. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I just noticed that, the bezel is very small... That's really the only thing I had against the Razr, the extra large bezel. The Razr is nearly the size of the GS3, and it has a display that's half an inch smaller. Hopefully the Razr HD follows the same design elements as this.
46. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, me too, in fact i wouldn't mind if it were just a larger version of this. xD
39. shnibz (Posts: 168; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Beautiful phone :) I love Motorolas! I want a Moto Nexus to happen!