Motorola DROID RAZR HD tutorial videos leaked
0. phoneArena 19 Aug 2012, 14:37 posted on
Some new videos have made their way to YouTube which show the Motorola DROID RAZR HD in action; these tutorial videos are released by Motorola to more easily show the user of the device how to do certain functions on the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
89. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
My eyes can't handle the white text on black background. I had to buy a bunch of third party apps to re-configure ICS on my RAZR to get back to black text on white background. I hope Moto provides configuration options on the RAZR HD.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Good Job Moto....
34. MeoCao (unregistered)
Moto's done a much better job, the bezel looks thinner, and there's no bump, and no physical keys either.
3. Xperia42 (Posts: 60; Member since: 30 May 2012)
The Razor HD looks cool, I love on screen buttoms. This going to be a great phone
13. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I personally don't like onscreen buttons... but its all preference
17. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Onscreen buttons seem to take up real estate if you know what i mean.....
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
they take up the space that the buttons would've used anyway unless you're Samsung and you like to put them uncomfortably close to the bottom edge.
98. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Well it's not that... its just I like the ones on the Razr, how there's a space between both the screen and the edge of the device.
It sorda messes up with videos too, since a lot of developers don't hide the icons when in full screen mode... so you'll be seeing the buttons while watching a video. And then a 720p display doesn't actually have a 16:9 (or 9:16) aspect ratio because the buttons.
I just never really got used to them on Honeycomb (now ICS) on my GTab.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well, well, well, hello beautiful. I've seen both the Atrix HD and the Photon Q 4G LTE and was impressed with both of them but more so with the Photon. this should be a real Beast. can't wait to learn more about Specs and Special Features. :D
5. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
This is the one im waiting for. Atrix HD lacks NFC, Photon has sealed/locked Sim card. Im really hoping this RAZR HD is a world phone Cuz that would make it my ultimate device for this year.
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it definitely will be a world phone.
26. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Ive had upgrade eligibility for 8 months now, almost got a RAZR MAXX. But I think this will be worth the wait, especially since motorola said they will support bootloader unlocking on all future devices.
41. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
sure if you don't mind losing your unlimited data, go for it.
72. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Sadly I never got grandfathered in to that :( Verizon is my backup phone for when my Sprint phone doesnt have service (remember, I work at Sprint ;)
84. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
try out the Photon Q if it's easy to acquire one because of your job. maybe you'll have better luck with it. o:
86. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
NO im def getting this RAZR HD im set.
Photon Q.. no thanks, I only buy High-End. Im not a huge fan of sliders and I woulda made the exception but, the screen resolution does not meet my standards, and the locked/sealed SIM card is a Joke (defeats the whole purpose of having a SIM) The jury is still out on the Camera.
I already got to my training and tried one hands on. Bottom line: Photon Q is just better garbage than the original Photon. I'll pass.
I'll be in line at Verizon for the RAZR HD though cant wait.
87. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
huh, i liked the Photon Q for the few minutes i looked at it. xD
88. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Its not that bad actually, But I would still get a GS3 or EVO LTE over it... but I dont have my upgrade with Sprint yet. Im still on that Nexus status.
Im gonna use my verizon upgrade for the RZR HD and my Sprint upgrade for the new iPhone. (best of both worlds ;)
I forgot to add: no NFC on the Q either :(
97. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
The Evo lte has insane amount of anoying lag and drops data. the gs3 also has data bugs and touchwiz is ugly and its way more fragile than a motorola phone. The rzr hd will be better by far.
6. zeidof (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
cannot wait, i hope to have 4000mah battery instead of 2540,
also i wanna something like regular razor for display, anyone knows anything about screen?
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Should be a 4.6 inch 720p ColorBoost or S-Amoled
12. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I actually doubt it would be a Super AMOLED otherwise that would be disappointing.
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Why would it? Pentile really isn't that noticable with such high resoltuions. Though I have heard about there being a blue or yellow tint when viewing white colors on S-Amoled, so that may be a problem. They should use ColorBoost, that's what they used for the Atrix HD and Photon Q after all.
31. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
S-AMOLED is nice but After seeing the 2nd Gen S-LCD that HTCs been coming out with (made by samsung) leaves a lot to desire
regarding comment 6 Zeidof: 4000mah?!? are you planing a trip to a 3rd world country that doesnt have outlets? I mean were not talking about a tablet here.
32. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I thought the S-LCD2 panels were produced by Sony?
"Its most popular proponent is HTC, though Super LCD panels are actually produced by Sony."
38. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Here's a more reliable source:
You are partially correct, this technology was a joint venture between Sony and Samsung (50/50 ownership). But if you remember a while back, Sony sold their ownership to Samsung making them the Sole proprietor of S-LCD.
However, it was never 100% Sonys, but since all Sony phones have S-LCDs and Samsung uses AMOLED, I can see how that can be assumed.
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Looks nice... Man, it would be so disappointing if this were to only have an S4 and 1 GB of RAM. At least match it up with the GS3 Moto. Or let it come out with JB out of the box, that would be a nice trade-off I suppose.
29. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I wish it came with the above specs ....