Motorola DROID RAZR HD specs preview
0. phoneArena 23 Aug 2012, 05:24 posted on
10 months after the unveiling of the Motorola DROID RAZR we are now anticipating the announcement of the next generation RAZR – the Motorola DROID RAZR HD, as it is being referred to, which will be bigger, faster, and, in a nutshell, more awesome than its predecessor. Now, keep in mind that the smartphone has not been unveiled yet, so virtually all the information that surrounds it is strictly unofficial. However, that doesn't stop us from going over what the rumor mill has been busy providing us with – spy photos, hardware specifications, and the likes. Care to join us?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Galaxy s3 killer
7. megaSUNNY (Posts: 79; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
not so, but the build quality will surely be better than that
19. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
I'm selling my S3 as soon as I get the chance. The thing is so slippery and that home button is so awkwardly placed. I'm used to OtterBox cases but the one for the S3 make it too big for me. I'm just excited to have Moto builds back on the shelves.
30. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
In my opinion, it definitely will be! But right now, there are too many Samsung fan boys to support you on that..
2. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4271; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I really hope it's an S4 Pro and 2 GB RAM. Would be a bit disappointing to see anything less than that, just by matching the GS3. And with Android 4.1 out of the box, this thing would be the phone to get, especially with Moto's very stock-like UI. Looking forward to when they unveil this, don't disappoint Motorola.
4. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Well we know the build quality will be better.........
10. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I too am hoping for those higher specs. You already know they will have excellent build quality. Im more concerned with the camera quality.
On a personal level, I hope more than anything this is a world phone. I need to ditch my iPhone 4S but I need it when I travel.
Im buying this on launch date if its the real deal. We'll know on Sept 5th!
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4271; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Hopefully Moto works on their cameras, they really need some work.
This will most definitely be a world phone, I would be absolutely amazed if it isn't.
23. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Very true, Moto has always put their camera quality on the back burner. I owned the photon and my 3MP 3GS had a better camera.
Only reason I have my doubts is because the PA specs dont show GSM radios yet, but that could just be because its uncomfirmed.
Im really excited bout this device, cant wait.
3. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
I wonder how long this will be out before a better comes along
15. troutsy (Posts: 310; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Yeah, I hate when technology gets better too.
5. zeidof (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
I'm waiting for a Ui more integrated to fb, such as what we had on GB,
With 2mb ram it will be SGS3 killer exactly
11. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
2mb of ram will come in useful when launching his Atari emulator lol
idk why it bothers me so much when ppl cant get their Ghz/Mhz Mb/Gb right. Its the difference between being a thousandaire and a millionaire.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
did you mean to do that? xD
6. kamil (Posts: 118; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
'10 months from now",sorry man but at that time I will be holding a Sony TX in my hands and if I'm lucky I might have a windows 8 device so too late... Moto u still rock better than samsung
12. androidornothing (Posts: 143; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
You people all think that just because this phone will have better build quality it will be a GS3 KILLER! Well think again because once the GS3 gets JB IT WILL SMOKE ALL PHONES IN PERFORMANCE AND SOFTWARE. The only phone that will smoke the GS3 will be the Samsung Galaxy S4. And maybe the next nexus devices but they wont smoke they might just be better in a couple of things.
24. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
the tutorial videos show it running on JB, and it very likely will launch with JB. But that doesnt even matter, the fact that it will have better battery life, worldphone radios and Moto build quality ALONE will make the GS3 seem like a disposable goPhone.
27. brandnew234 (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
Calm down, it's just cellphones. The iPhone will also have better benchmarks, and the HTC 1080p phablet will also smoke the SGS3, that's what happens with tech, it becomes irreverent. Or at least not cutting edge.
13. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Moto won't give you 2 gigs because they don't have to. S III has 1 gig and people buy it.
Moto doesn't want to be first for some reason. They want to be competetive.
The main drawback of their current situation is that they are terribly late.
16. Rejeimha (Posts: 18; Member since: 29 Jul 2010)
Considering this phone mostly because Motorola is finally bringing the fight to Apple.
17. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I feel like this phone was made by the pre-Google Motorola. I bet the next Motorola flagship device will be the best smartphone out there.
18. torr310 (Posts: 775; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Moto, 8MP camera is good enough, but make sure your 8MP produce better picture quality than iPhone 4S and Galaxy SIII. Camera has been your weakest point..
20. huypaulha94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I hope it comes to T-mobile... Like seriously when's the last time you've seen a high-end Motorola phone on T-mobile...
21. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Chrome isn't the default browser, it's just preloaded like it is on the Photon Q but i did notice some minor differences in it's build of ICS like the App Drawer included a Favorites Tab and the Text Messaging Icon is the same as on the Razrs.
26. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
New month, new phone. Nice spec but, of course the specs are nice for this late bloomer. What excites me the most is how awesome that Kevlar is going to get in my hand and the on-screen buttons. It would be very nice to see this device with vanilla android jelly bean out the box though I doubt that will happen. I'm sure they'll throw some Moto Blur in the mix. The powerful battery life is also a major plus. Motorola is known for supporting device rooting so I feel like this: if you like flashing roms this is probably the right device for you.
28. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
yes their LONG 1 week history of supporting unlockable bootloaders for 2 devices is great support. #heavySarcasm.
Im jk ;) though. But youre right about the nice specs and also the "Late Bloomer" part. Motorola likes to release their flagship right before the year ends to claim victory over the other manufacturers that launched throughout the year
29. meloth1991 (Posts: 37; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
built wise defintly a big thumbs up fr motto!!!! but i still love my s3!!!