Motorola DROID RAZR HD specs leaked on NenaMark site
0. phoneArena 09 Jun 2012, 13:47 posted on
Thanks to the anonymous person who ran the Motorola DROID RAZR HD through the benchmark test on the NenaMark web site, we now know some more details about the upcoming Motorola DROID RAZR HD such as the dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm S4 CPU and the Adreno 225 GPU under the hood...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3017; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I hope the 1196 pixel height isn't true. That just doesn't make any sense. Why not go for the full 1280?
7. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
it is 1280, the 1196 is the height with the on-screen keys at the bottom. Same thing happens with the Nexus.
3. Kevro_86 (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I think that's because it will have on-screen navigation buttons, which occupy 84 pixels in height. The display will be 1280 x 720.
6. exo2u (Posts: 25; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Witch will only make a difference for watching movies. Navigation is almost always at the bottom so count on 1196px of actual useable screen space.
47. kanagadeepan (Posts: 746; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
TRUE... But it will not affect movie experience much as the background of on-screen navigation buttons are semi-transparent.....
4. Carlitos (Posts: 371; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
I was hoping for the new Ti-omap, but S4 is still great.
Well the S4 will most likely do awesome since, the UI is not all that intrusive. So if it works flawless with sense 4 should work like a dream on the upcoming Moto. UI
5. AnukulVcool (unregistered)
xperia gx is a competitor here
8. jove39 (Posts: 1385; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Nicely speced...hopefully with fat battery...just wondering...where is TI 5x...I expected next razr to show up with TI's 5x cpu...but s4 will do :)
9. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
SIII who? haha jk the SGSIII is an amazing phone but it seems like Moto's next flagship device will have a better camera and a longer battery life.
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, it would be great if they could match the SIII with 2GB of RAM.
15. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Agreed. I don't care that my phone was designed by a yoga instructor, I just want to have a UI with no gimmicks, a Battery that will last for a full day of heavy use, and a great screen.
As far as competition goes, they are going to need to match most of the specs of the SGSIII in areas like ram, cpu and the like in order to keep up. Where they don't match the battery and stock ICS(ish) UI will pick up some of the slack I think. We'll better see what sort of fight they are preparing for in the weeks to come with more spec leaks.
I'm just glad their UI didn't go the same direction. I don't want bubbling brook sounds and twigs on my UI.
17. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Yep I think Moto is headed in the right direction with the whole stock ICS look. But I think the SIII is going to set the standard for high end devices.
18. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
agreed, this will be the obvious choice for me even if it only has 1GB of RAM.
19. 14545 (Posts: 1198; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I hope you don't want to do anything development wise with it.
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's not impossible to do anything development wise with a locked bootloader.
10. 14545 (Posts: 1198; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Locked BL, no thanks. The bionic isn't even a year old and the development has completely stopped for it. Heck, the D4 almost never had any development. Unless they start unlocking their BL's I won't be buying one anytime soon.
20. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4144; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That's not Moto's vault, it's Verizons
43. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
I call bulls**t the rezound and nexus are both unlockable so was the thunderbolt the droid x. its all motorola not verizon
45. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Droid X wasn't unlockable. we don't know Verizon's policies in this matter. evidence stacks against Verizon for sure though because AT&T's & Sprint's Flagship Motorola devices have unlockable bootloaders.
46. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4144; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Excuse me, I forgot to but a word in there, it's not ALL Moto's fault. And I'm pretty sure the Rezound has a locked bootloader, it's just easy to unlock
48. kanagadeepan (Posts: 746; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Whether the International versions comes without locked bootloaders????
But still with GOOGLE in scene, we can expect some good necessary change....
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
aw a Snapdragon? oh well, at least it's as powerful as everything else here in the States. i'll probably pick one up but i don't think i'll be in a hurry to.
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I might wait until winter to see what else is on the horizon. Things don't seem as compelling as the original RAZR (compared to my Droid X) was. The RAZR ran away and hid from the Droid X. This seems more of an incremental improvement over the RAZR. Kind of like how the iPhone 4S was an incremental improvement over the 4.
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4144; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, I was hoping for the OMAP5 too. Sad face
25. jroc74 (Posts: 5201; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Yea....it should have decent battery life tho, with LTE too.
16. android1234 (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Now add 2gg ram, and we have a good competitor for the Sgs3
34. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
what for? 2 gigs S III is meant only for korea.
36. Immolate (Posts: 292; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Not correct. The Verizon S3 will have 2G RAM.
21. GoBears (Posts: 401; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
98% of the users of this phone wouldn't be able to tell between 1gb and 2gb ram anyway. This would've been the first Moto I would have considered since owning my Nexus, except that damn locked bootloader. This phone would be super with vanilla android.
29. hung2900 (Posts: 829; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
1 GB of ram and you will have over 100 MB ram free only with S4 SoCS like HOX AT&T.
Qualcomm announced that 1.5GB RAM is at least to make the device work properly.
24. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
solid. looks nice. specs are good. i may just get one.
26. bokajay (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
2GB of RAM or bust for me. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if this is priced at $299 since it will be Droid branded and might have the 3300 MAH battery. I am currently a Droid Razr user (4.0.4 ICS leak). The 1GB RAM hold this phone back not the 1.2 TI CPU. Might get an S3 or hold out for the next VZW Nexus (if there is one) in Oct if this doesn't have 2 GB of ram. Plus this looks really wide (even wider than the Razr).
28. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I don't want the maxx battery
I want a spiritual successor to the original razr .
37. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
But original razr is thinner and looks better .
I don't mind having to charge every night .
I will be looking out for this .
My phone just got stolen :(
38. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"My phone just got stolen :("
What phone and how?
52. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
My white 2 year old Nokia n97 .
I went for tuition class and left my phone on the table came back it was gone .
And my parents are not buying me one , even my father is not giving me his s2 i9100G Ti Omar version .
So I will have to take a part time job but never mend its my own fault anyway
53. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Btw the way of you look at the Razr unlocked .
The maxx is thicker and more expensive that the normal one .
So I will pass .
It's Great for people that need that battery for me I don't
55. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Motorola RAZR MAXX is just +1.9 mm thicker and for me it is not a big problem. Only +1.9 mm and you will get 3300mAh battery, I think it is good deal. :)
57. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Yeah but higher price and less beautiful .
I am getting an android phone .
Now using my 6 year old Samsung feature phone .
Thinking about HTC OneX , ones , sensation , Motorola razr hd and asus pad fone
But when the time holiday arrive maybe new nexus are already here so I will get nexus
30. BattleBrat (Posts: 1215; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Qualcomm? Meh, I don't like qualcomm or their subpar radios, didn't MOTO make the processors for Apple before they went to intel? I'm waiting for the next OMAP or INTEL offering from moto, that and I'd like to have my RAZR (1 not MAXX) for at least a year before I replace it...
32. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 450; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
hmm, qualcomm is doing a great job with their snapdragon now. the S4 is now popular!
33. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, because they're LTE compatable, and that's about it. :P
35. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
why adreno 225? why not something better?????!! why snapdragon, not the newest opam chip?
39. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Im confused this article claims first US phone to launch with ics. Arent there several now including the nexus. and isnt the sgs3 comming july 9th. is this phone going to be out before then.
56. Alan01 (Posts: 236; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
If you read the story again, it says it is the first U.S. ICs flavored phone from Motorola!
41. saffant (Posts: 236; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Meh... the UI still blows compared to TouchWiz even. Thanks, but no thx... ill pass.
42. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
since you said that i know you haven't seem Moto's iteration of ICS.
44. tha.fox (Posts: 100; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
ive ported touch wiz from s3 to my nexus and have motoblur ics on my razr and motoblur blows touch wiz out of the water. I am a samsung fan but honestly touch wiz ruined ics and i used to hate motorola but honestly they are the only company moving in the right direction with ics.
49. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
them and LG i think. i like their new Optimus UI 3.0. o:
58. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Yeah considering old optimus ux was touchwiz ripoff
50. Hellosir (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
I have it so whatever its pretty good Not lying. I like the keyboard it lights up when you open it so its all good
51. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5657; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
aren't you talking about the Droid 4? o: