Motorola DROID Pro gets its Gingerbread update
Just this past weekend, Verizon's former flagship phone, the Motorola DROID X, was upgraded to Gingerbread as well. And as we reported, besides the two already upgraded handsets, the DROID 2 Global and the just launched Motorola DROID X2 are the remaining two Motorola produced DROID phones expected to receive Gingerbread. Owners of the original Motorola DROID are out of luck, although they can drown their sorrows in a Netflix streamed movie.
2. Sniggly posted on 01 Jun 2011, 02:03 0 0
The manual update will supposedly be available in the daytime today. I hope so, I think the fact that I have the leaked Gbread build on my phone is preventing me from getting the official update OTA.
7. trini.s2k (unregistered) posted on 01 Jun 2011, 07:16 0 0
will the droidx2 have the update to?
8. Sniggly posted on 01 Jun 2011, 07:29 0 0
No word on when it's coming out yet, but yes, the X2 will have Gingerbread. It already has new Blur, which by itself seemed to improve the performance of the phone.
14. trini.s2k (unregistered) posted on 01 Jun 2011, 11:18 2 0
is it better to run launcher pro on droidx2 or leave it stock?
15. Sniggly posted on 01 Jun 2011, 11:33 0 0
I've never rooted, to be honest. I don't know.
16. trini.s2k (unregistered) posted on 01 Jun 2011, 11:37 0 0
its not rooting , its in the market , its a different type of thing from motoblu , they also go go launcher, an adw or awd something like dat, is ginger bread good to leave the phone stock?
17. Thump3rDX17 posted on 01 Jun 2011, 11:57 0 0
i personally use GO Launcher EX on top of my Blur experience. it doesn't have the developer back bone that Launcher Pro has but it adds more functionality and they're always coming out with good updates for it.
20. protozeloz posted on 01 Jun 2011, 17:56 0 0
you can have launcherpro and most blur new features go check it herehttp://goo.gl/1LSMq
@Siggly you should try it it or ADW, gives your home a new life (they are pro unlock and adwex that add even more features to your home)
3. Whateverman posted on 01 Jun 2011, 03:31 0 0
Just did the manual update. Oh yeah...Daddy likes this a lot!
4. ltr (unregistered) posted on 01 Jun 2011, 04:03 0 0
Got the update on the X too. I waited until midnight.
6. Sniggly posted on 01 Jun 2011, 06:43 2 1
Okay, it took me most of the night, but I got my phone onto the final build of Gingerblur. :)
13. Sniggly posted on 01 Jun 2011, 09:51 1 0
Okay, so why did I get thumbed down? I had to revert my phone to Froyo because I was running a leaked build, then had to hard reset the phone because it started to bootloop, then had to set the phone up, activate it, restore accounts and information, download the Gingerbread update, install it, restart, and finish restoring data to my phone. I started around 2:30 and finished around five in the morning.
23. Gotoman (unregistered) posted on 03 Jun 2011, 17:07 0 0
I have the leaked version of the gingerbread, and prob will not recieve the over the air update either. Can you give me the steps on how to get the final build please?
9. sik-wit-it (unregistered) posted on 01 Jun 2011, 08:10 1 0
just did the manual check and gingerbread is was there, started the update now! YES!!!
10. sik-wit-it (unregistered) posted on 01 Jun 2011, 08:11 1 0
This is for the DROID X
19. ltr (unregistered) posted on 01 Jun 2011, 14:51 0 0
I notice the FM radio looks way better too
22. Sniggly posted on 02 Jun 2011, 09:26 0 0
Ain't happening. Sorry kid. You're up for an upgrade next month though. :)
24. evcard posted on 08 Jun 2011, 10:35 0 0
Keep looking every so often on my Droid Pro and still nothing as of yet, hopefully it will come sometime soon.
25. popogirl65 posted on 15 Jun 2011, 20:05 0 0
I just downloaded the new Ginerbread for my Droid X. I LOVE it but the only thing is that my "Contacts" are not opening. It says that my contacts are not installed on my phone? Helllp please