Motorola DROID Bionic makes appearance in Best Buy ad
0. phoneArena posted on 06 Jul 2011, 15:23
A leaked Best Buy ad seems to reveal the Motorola DROID Bionic, one of the two most anticipated handsets awaiting launch in the States; the ad reveals nothing about pricing or a launch date for what will be Big Red's first dual-core 4G enabled handset...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. smeech (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 15:51 3 3
I want this phone, but what bugs me about this leaked "ad" (and being in the business of Marketing/POP Materials) is the use of word "Takeover". This seems to be used incorrectly. Takeover is a business term (i.e. company takeover), whereas--unless I'm wrong--this should say "Take over".
Video chat with dual cameras is an odd bullet point IMO. It IS Best Buy though ;)
I'm probably making too much of this though...
4. se7en11 posted on 06 Jul 2011, 15:57 2 2
Thank goodness there's no qwerty keyboard. I own the original Droid and have only used the keyboard a handful of times. If the Bionic came with one, that would be a deal breaker for me.
7. TreyTreyTaylor posted on 06 Jul 2011, 16:33 2 2
That's what the Droid 3 is for. Pretty decent new droid line up. Droid X2- DC/3G Droid 3-DC/KB/3G Droid Bionic-DC/4G. Im all over the Bionic.
6. Chakra posted on 06 Jul 2011, 16:29 2 2
Looks awesome. August would be perfect timing for me actually, as my contract is eligible for renewal. Let's do this.
17. Zx9-R east cages for breakfast (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 20:12 0 0
This is off topic, but is your icon from a Troy Lee disign for motorcycle Superbike World Champion Scott Russel?
10. Whateverman posted on 06 Jul 2011, 17:13 2 2
I like the Bionic, but I am really interested in seeing what HTC has in store for VZW next.
25. tedkord posted on 07 Jul 2011, 10:56 1 1
It will probably be the HTC ThreeHoursOfBatteryLife. Dual core, qhd TFT LCD screen, LTE. It will be the successor to the HTC ThreeAndAHalfHoursOfBatteryLife I'm using to type this. A major feature will be a 1200mah battery to replace the 1400mah. This will make it lighter.
13. StillStuckWithDroid (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 18:38 1 1
Considering it is not coming with a sd installed I have a hard time thinking anything above 199.00..... if it is droid charge expensive then I am waiting for SGII
14. Thump3rDX17 posted on 06 Jul 2011, 18:41 1 1
how do you know it's not coming with an SD Card?
15. Sniggly posted on 06 Jul 2011, 19:29 1 1
I'll keep on drooling until the launch date. Someone get me a bucket.
16. iosmaster posted on 06 Jul 2011, 19:36 1 1
there is an ansewer a drug from our god Steve Jobs its the iGlycopyrrolate it will help with ur drooling
18. TreyTreyTaylor posted on 06 Jul 2011, 20:24 1 1
iosmaster you are hilarious. Anyways i'm on the bionic boat too. when will we reach shore!
20. DroidFreak386 (unregistered) posted on 06 Jul 2011, 22:30 0 0
I have been waiting for the Droid Bionic for the longest time and have been checking the phone arena website for weeeeeksssss! If the Droid Bionic comes out August 4th I'll be at the store august 3rd waiting all night camping out just to finally get my hands on this dual core 4G piece of beauty
21. Sethdras posted on 07 Jul 2011, 07:33 0 0
i just hope it comes with 1g ram. I'm still on the original droid and maybe its just me, but its super slow. browsing is slow, switching between apps has a lag, and my launcher takes about 10 seconds about 5 times aday to load the screen, really frustrating. i need the bionic to have that ram upgrade to match the dual core and LTE. I actually use the physical keyboard allllll the time, way more than the screen, but i am willing to ditch it for more speed. my upgrade is available as of yesterday, cant wait!
27. timber (unregistered) posted on 08 Jul 2011, 09:00 0 0
Yeah, my OG Droid is slow as molasses for me now. Don't know if I can wait for the GSII to be announced and released if this thing finally hits. I guess it depends if it's straight Google or Moto'd out.
22. Sethdras posted on 07 Jul 2011, 07:35 0 0
i would also like to hear what HTC is planning for verizon, but i cant wait months longer, which is what it seems HTC is going to do...
23. Ace21 (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 07:36 0 0
Hm I just bought the Dx2 im pretty happy with and its fast, but this looks like a beast, i wont how much it will be out of contract? got the DX2 for 150. WIll bionic have updated motoblur? I know its daul core with 1gig of ram its almost a computer crazy....
24. CB2047 (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 10:41 0 0
I hope its smaller than 4.3 screen. 3.7 to 4" is perfect
26. AJ (unregistered) posted on 07 Jul 2011, 12:58 0 0
Will the Bionic be Global? That is the biggest deciding factor. LTE is nice but I can wait the extra 3.5 seconds to download. And for larger downloads I'll seek out WiFi.
Is it Global? that is all I want to know.