Motorola DROID Bionic appears in Best Buy Buyer's Guide, still no price or launch date
0. phoneArena posted on 18 Aug 2011, 12:40
The upcoming Best Buy Buyer's Guide not only has a listing for the Motorola DROID Bionic, but also has a full page-ad for the magical, mysterious Motorola-manufactured handset; and while we get to see specs that have been confirmed over and over, we still have no set launch date or price...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Droider posted on 18 Aug 2011, 13:45 2 2
how sick would it be if the final surprise about this phone is that it came with a keyboard?
2. Rich (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 14:23 0 1
i dont like keyboards...
I love android... but i meen by the time this thing finally comes out i feel its gonna be outdated. this thing is like 8 months delayed.
3. wack (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 14:30 0 3
Am I missing something here? Why are people so hyped up about this phone? I guess internally it's got power, but the aesthetics of the Bionic are sub-par at best. To me, this phone looks too similar to the Droid 3. I think Motorola needs to fire their industrial design team. Just my opinion though. What do you guys think?
8. bossmt_2 posted on 18 Aug 2011, 14:55 1 1
I can't speak for everyone, but for me the most important thing for a phone to do is make calls, not crash, and give me as many features as possible.
4. fleanote posted on 18 Aug 2011, 14:35 0 2
It is something different. The first dual-core 4G LTE phone from Verizon. If it had a keyboard ike the LG ENV line (not the crappy tight Droid 3 one), I'd buy it in an instant. You'd think with the proliferation of texting/surfing, and the attempts to get the 30+ crowd onboard with smartphones, there'd be more QWERTY keyboard models on the market.
22. Thump3rDX17 posted on 18 Aug 2011, 20:29 0 0
the enV's was bigger because it had a clam shell form factor. we don't want that on an Android phone and besides the Droid 3's is perfectly spacious. you'd realize that if you actually used one.
26. cr8tive007 posted on 25 Aug 2011, 02:44 0 0
You know what thump, you got a snotty no it all way of posting to people.... you sound like a girl... "you'd realize that if you actually used one" get a life.... you act like your the phone arena guru/authority on phones. I'm on you like glue
27. Thump3rDX17 posted on 25 Aug 2011, 08:34 0 0
what gives you the right to get all over my jock about how i post to people? there's those of us that are more actively involved and experienced with these things that our knowledge and opinions carry more weight in these Phone Arena discussions and some of us have different ways of replying to ignorant comments like what you've seen here. i'm more aggressive towards those with higher levels of ignorance myself. you should see Phone Arena's review of the Droid 3 or anybody else's for that manner. the Droid 3's keyboard is the best keyboard you can get on a phone aside from a Bold's if Blackberries are your thing. you'd either be a fool or you haven't seen one to think it was crappy. at least i suggested the former...
28. cr8tive007 posted on 27 Aug 2011, 05:16 0 0
ok ok im sorry
5. NEWGUY (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 14:41 0 1
6. Oudated? SubPar? (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 14:53 0 1
You guys are so retarded. How will it be outdated? When it comes out, there will be nothing better than it.
7. The_Miz posted on 18 Aug 2011, 14:54 1 6
Lol, people still concerned about the Droid Bionic when it'll be a crappy phone upon release.
13. wassup posted on 18 Aug 2011, 15:30 2 2
outdated, just like the iCrap5.
kinda reminds me of the iCrap 5, people still waiting for features Android had 6ish months ago... god iSheep are stupid.
atleast the bionic will be able to make calls, unlike one phone i know( cough cough iCrap4)
21. darkkjedii posted on 18 Aug 2011, 20:21 1 0
Awwww shut up
10. readingthissh1t posted on 18 Aug 2011, 15:08 0 1
screw bionic, January was a long time ago, i want next gen android handsets
11. Immolate posted on 18 Aug 2011, 15:13 2 1
The good new is that if you don't like the Bionic, you get one of the other dual-core LTE handsets... oh wait.
12. darth8ball posted on 18 Aug 2011, 15:17 2 2
There are to be two bionic's as I understand it from the info at PA.
14. o (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 17:49 0 0
The 1Hz dual-core processor sounds badass
15. Aphex (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 18:14 0 0
Well its not posted here but another page of this compares the bionic to the other 4g phones out there and lists it as dual band plus lte just like thunderbolt and charge. Starting to think global might have been a wrong assumption...
16. vzw_employee (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 18:32 0 1
I work for Verizon Wireless, We got a email today with the price map for sep and oct According to the map the Droid Bionic will be release the 8th of sep with a price tag of $299, the samsung galaxy s 2 will also be release the 8th also for $299, the thunderbolt will drop $50 the 14th and the x2 will drop $50 at the end of sep.
finally the waiting is almost over!!!!!!!
17. vzw_employee (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 18:38 0 0
Still no news from Iphone 5, but even know the Iphone will do better than droid or galaxy, I don't think apple wants to put it head to head, my guess is that we will see the iphone in oct
18. christianqwerty posted on 18 Aug 2011, 18:52 0 1
This phone looks like every droid that has been released in the past 4 years...... change it up!!!! take notes from samsung who create their own phone designs... oh wait.. nevermind....
24. wassup posted on 19 Aug 2011, 07:13 0 0
kinda reminds you of apple doesn't it ?
samsung just made black and white slabs, don't see that as copying, even apple thought so because they skewed the proportions of the galaxy tab 10.1 to make it look like an iPad, which it doesn't
19. phonephone (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 19:33 0 0
this phone is being delayed too much. its going to suck.
20. mathwiz (unregistered) posted on 18 Aug 2011, 19:58 0 0
How many phones let you upgrade to inductive charging?
A short while after, other good phones will be released, but not with that feature.
23. AngusNG12345 posted on 18 Aug 2011, 23:33 0 0
"...or the 1Hz dual-core processor"