Motorola DROID BIONIC will be full of beans, Jelly Beans that is, starting April 15th
The Android 4.1.2 update includes Project Butter, which makes the phone free from lags, and Google Now pushes out cards with information you need, when you need it. Actionable notifications allow you to return calls, view pictures and video directly from the notifications shade. Also being added to the phone is Voice Search, which allows Google to offer some Siri-esque capabilities. And the Smart Keyboard has a more accurate dictionary allowing the keyboard to guess the next word before you type it.
The update will be sent out OTA and it will take 10 to 15 minutes to download and 5 to 10 minutes to install. During the latter process, you will not be able to make or receive any calls. You can also try to manually coax the update out of your phone by manually checking for it. To do this, go to the Home Screen and tap Settings > About Phones > Systems Update > Download.
source: Verizon (1), (2) via AndroidGuys
Motorola DROID BIONIC Android 4.1.2 update
1. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6399; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Who cares bouts the Bionic. Motorola only cares bout their verizon customers. Not us who owns motorola atrix/photon that will never recieved jelly bean so im done with theme.
3. JC557 (Posts: 1037; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
It appears a lot of the Motorola devices not updated either have the Tegra 2 chipset or were not very popular models.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6399; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
The bionic have the same chip too & ram.
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5589; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
no it does not. the Atrix/Photon are powered by Nvidia's Tegra II w/ 1GB of single channel memory and the Bionic is powered by Texas Instrument's OMAP4 w/ 1GB of dual channel memory. give it a rest guy. you're becoming a real troll.
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6399; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
my point is THEY WON'T support the models I just said and all the consumers that purchase those phones and got release before the RAZRS/BIONICS we should get Jelly Bean so I am done with MOTOROLA and I could care less bout the X PHONE.
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5589; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
and what everybody else tells you that's done some reading on this is that they CAN'T support the models you're so butthurt about. no OEM has with a Tegra II device. not even the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 which is powered by a Tegra II is getting JB and it sold like hot cakes.
6. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Those who still own the Bionic?
13. Shubham412302 (Posts: 298; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
even atrix 2 got a leak jb build.
no official word though.
15. johnnh (Posts: 37; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
no phone with the tegra 2 chipset AP20H because of incompatibility with "vital" functions on nvidia's drivers. If there were any phones that had received the update they were screwed with bugs like the samsung captivate glide which for example lost the slide-out keyboard backlight.
2. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 814; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
It seems Motorola is changing for the better, keep up the good work and make your phones sell worldwide, as i don't get any Motorola phone available for purchase in my country.
4. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Well it's about time. Probably the last update the Bionic will see.
10. lyndon420 (Posts: 1733; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Once again I have to agree with you. Damn you and your rationality lol. I'm probably one of the few Droiders that appreciates a major OS update even if it is limited to just once. I guess I'm still used to support from the old days where support was either technical or offered through a warranty.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5589; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's a good question. being that literally EVERY other Moto slated to receive the JB update has now gotten it it seems likely that Sprint is the cause of the delay.
14. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The hidden cost of getting a Motorola phone I'm afraid.
21. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
My name isn't troll, it's Mxyzptlk.
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5589; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
as far as i'm concerned your name is troll.
26. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I'm not concerned with your concerns.
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6399; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
if it wasn't for MOTOROLA that made the cell phone. we wouldn't have all these high tech gadgetry we have today. so quit ur trolling
25. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Pot calling the sweet kettle black
9. lyndon420 (Posts: 1733; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
It will be great to see what Google will bring to the table once they have cleared out Moto's previous devices that were in the pipeline before the buyout. Finally...Google will get some control over Android at least with one OEM.