Motorola DROID BIONIC to "end the waiting" on Verizon's 4G LTE network with dual-core CPU
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Jan 2011, 18:27
Motorola just unveiled the Motorola DROID Bionic, one of the first Android handsets to rock Verizon's 4G LTE network with a powerful dual-core processor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. VZWX (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 18:29 1
So basically now i don't feel so bad beacuse we get att's MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G....YAYY....
34. KParks23 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 22:21 0
better up it to 1 gig RAM or ill pass some sites say 1 gig RAM and others say 512 i dont know who is right im not a fan of moto but if its got 1 gig RAM i may have to make a exception!!
41. Retard Hater (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2011, 14:01 0
You are a ra-tard
2. Zack (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 18:39 1
Im waiting for a droid 3 or 4g device w/ qwerty
3. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 18:42 0
if a good 4G, duel-core, qwerty packer by Motorola doesn't come along soon i might just have to trade up my Droid 2 for this. 0-0
39. Jrep (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2011, 11:14 0
dude have you tried one of these keyboards? no need for qwerty.
40. Thump3rDX17 posted on 06 Jan 2011, 11:38 0
yeah, my dad has the Droid X, i still prefer my physical qwerty.
42. Glue (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2011, 14:02 0
I bet you also prefer eating paint chips and drinking wood glue...
4. Precious (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 18:47 0
hmmm.... might have to use my upgrade for this bad boy and trade up from my Droid X.
5. Fella (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 18:57 2
Motorola site says 1 GB RAM
6. BarryK (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:05 1
The article is wrong it has 1 gig of ram per motorola site!
7. g (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:06 0
not really, it says 512mb ram
9. Bob (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:09 0
When does this phone come out?
10. CRICKETownz posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:11 0
Phone is a little thick...but atleast its LTE compatible. Not crazy about the design tho.
38. Junior posted on 06 Jan 2011, 02:21 0
I'm not too fond of the design either. Specs are outstanding but the fact that it doesn't come out until Q2 and it also isn't the most beautiful thing, just might push me to settle for the Thunderbolt.
14. BigD (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:14 0
Kick stand would be nice............but I wont complain. Anyone know how to get an upgrade any earlier than the 1 year mark?
18. BigD (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:28 1
The truth hurts.........damn it! I guess I could beg or play the" if I have to use this BB Bold one more day i'll blow my brains out" card
25. LionStone posted on 05 Jan 2011, 20:19 1
Yes...bring your nice girlfriend in to the phone store and have her sweet talk the manager (helps if its a guy) about how she already used the upgrade for a crappy phone but reeally wants the new one...blah, batting eyelashes, blah...worked for us! :o)
16. networkdood posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:24 0
512MB is ok, but hopefully it has 1GB - if the wife wants to bolt back to VERIZON for their supposed iphone, then I will get this phone...gotta have 1Gb RAM though....
17. Corpsemaker posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:27 1
During the official conference, Motorola showed a slide that said "512 MB of RAM"
19. mel74 (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:39 3
Just wish they would stick to 4 inch display screens.
27. LionStone posted on 05 Jan 2011, 20:27 0
Agreed...the 4" screen really is the perfect size for a cell phone...4.3" is just a tad cumbersome...I went back and forth between the Samsung Galaxy and the Droid Inc. I chose the Inc. for other reasons, but really liked the size of the Samsung.
37. LionStone posted on 05 Jan 2011, 23:03 0
correction: I went back and forth between the Samsung "Fascinate" and the Droid Inc.
20. Brent posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:47 0
With early upgrade and new phone every two years going away as of the 16th this month, I'm thinking this phone may not be one, I and others can get tell are old contacts are over. Bad Verizon, bad, bad, bad. Been with them for 12 years and this is how there going to treat me. BYBY Verizon....
P.S. Still want this phone, Darnit.
22. therygy posted on 05 Jan 2011, 19:56 0
nvm, and ps
NO ONE IS EXCITED.
--everyone is excited for AT&T they really pushed through. hopefully the new iPhone will be their first LTE phone, making AT&T the only carrier to have HSPA+ and LTE. taking down verizon.
26. Thump3rDX17 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 20:20 2
uhhh, you know Verizon isn't going to just give up on bettering their network in the 2 years it's going to take AT&T to get their LTE network up, they'll be at the same pace behind Verizon but both putting out faster speeds and spectrum efficiency and besides it's starting to look like Verzon is getting the iPhone much sooner than later and Verizon's "4G" Android announcements are going to be more abundant than AT&T's today then the only thing that'll be important is the network and need i say more? so in other words AT&T owns the day but tomorrow they'll suck again.
23. josuearisty posted on 05 Jan 2011, 20:06 0
wow, Moto is really getting in the fight with the most lovely OS in the world
24. luis_lopez_351 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 20:14 0
so far the only physical flaw is no kick stand(not really a flaw but its prefer with 1 now). cant wait for its performance stats :D
28. omarc26 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 20:27 0
so which phone is better this one or the atrix on at&t????
29. iHateBlur (unregistered) posted on 05 Jan 2011, 20:29 0
I will never buy another Motorola phone because I currently own a Droid 2 and I hate having MOTOBLUR. The first Droid was stock Android and I loved it. Never again Moto unless it doesn't have BLUR!!!
36. bkes216 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 22:56 0
Apparently this has a newer version of Blur than is on the Droid 2/X and so far places like Engadget have been impressed with it. Wait and see before you write things off.
32. Whateverman posted on 05 Jan 2011, 22:01 0
@ iHateBlur - I was never a fan of Motorola but their hardware and the Android OS are an unbeatable combination. And the fact that I can just download Launcher Pro, ADW, and other launcher seems to make Blur a non-issue.
35. bkes216 posted on 05 Jan 2011, 22:54 0
Looks good, but a little disappointed with the capacitive menu/home/back/search buttons, i like the physical buttons on my Droid X. We'll see in July how much I like this...
43. Babs (unregistered) posted on 06 Jan 2011, 20:00 0
When will we see this phone at verizon stores? when is the second quarter?
44. Kountry (unregistered) posted on 11 Jan 2011, 02:19 0
I think I will go for the thunderbolt, better build quality and reliable just like any htc phone Ive had, had the droid X and kept messin up on me and whats up with this cheap plastic feel, ill go for the metal unibody on the thunderbolt, bionic tho is still pretty sweet!
45. 3000blue (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2011, 07:33 0
What's with the variable aspect ratio on these and lots of other smartphone pictures? Some shots make this phone look long and narrow, others short and wide.